It's Now Or Never

Phew I am whacked. Have just finished cooking batches of food ready for camping; lentil and veg soup and spag bol. See below....

IMAG0671.jpg

Obviously most will stay here in the freezer, but I like to minimise the amount of cooking I have to do when I'm away, I'd rather be having fun with the bairn.

Gonna try catch up on all your diaries, but quick food update as its been a funny one today...

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb) and shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Apple and small skinny cappuccino (half HEa).

Lunch:
Mugshot and shape zero yoghurt.

Snack during comfort break of nearly 5 hour workshop:
Apple and and small cappuccino (remaining HEa).

Tea:
2 alpen light bars (7 syns) and a glass of wine (6 syns).

Total syns: 13

No more food tonight I'm far too tired.

Oh and I haven't got a pic of the dress because.... I felt really good today and as mentioned above I did get some nice comments. However, I want to retain that feeling and I know I'll hate a pic of myself and that will ruin it. So I'd rather keep the idea that's in my mind's eye rather than the reality. Stupid maybe, but that's that.

My friend's lad will be here at 9 tomorrow so I'm going to do my packing now. Think of me grappling with a tent on the blustery Broads tomorrow. Here's hoping I get lucky with the weather! :)

It's amazing how a nice dress can make you feel!
Have a fantastic time camping!

Look at that yummy food! Your kitchen looks nice too, I love the little White pots you've got. Nice to hear about you feeling all posh and sexy, I bet you looked like a stunner. Hope you have a great time camping! Look forward to hearing all about it!

Have a lovely time and hope the weather is kind to you :)

Glad you felt great in the dress.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Oh the weather is gorgeous! Hope it stays this way in Norfolk.

Thanks for your compliments and best wishes girlies.

Jules - when I finally finish the kitchen I'll stick some pics up. I'm waiting for a clock I've ordered, and still on the hunt for shelving/bookcase lol

Toodlepip all, need to finish packing up the car, then I'm on my way.

:)
xx

I am truly in awe of you Pinkie. Well done for batching your food and being so orgainised. Must make life so much easier for a busy working mum!
Tatty Bye Pinkie - have a great trip.
(Is that one new too Missfortissimo?)

I am truly in awe of you Pinkie. Well done for batching your food and being so orgainised. Must make life so much easier for a busy working mum!

:D Yes that one is new too! I'm in the U.S. so I'm having fun learning all the British slang like "chuffed" and "gutted" :D

I hope you had a great day Pinkie! :)

Hope you had a great weekend. Lovely weather for it :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hellooo helloooo!

Pommette said:

For me its a point of failure if I don't. It def helps to know there is always something in the freezer when I get in that I can reheat easily.

gl12282 said:
Hope you had a great weekend. Lovely weather for it :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Weather worked out very well in the end. Thank you :)

missfortissimo said:
I hope your trip was great, you had a great weekend and that you are well :wavey:

We did thanks. My son got tired and moody (and pulls a face which is guaranteed to make me see red). But we had a good time, the site was really nice, just on the edge of a little inlet off the Bure in the middle of the Norfolk Broads. I went on a few holidays there as a child so I have lots of memories of the area, and its funny how many places I remember.

Cycled a bit, about 18 miles in total, hired a motorboat out for a couple of hours, went to an evening session at a wildlife park. Kids went swimming etc etc. I've attached some pics so you can get a feel.

Foodwise.... Well half the time I was good, the other half a ravenous pig. So we shall see what WI brings tonight. My failing was after the two bike rides. I didn't make myself a decent lunch then got over hungry. Ah well. I am trying to take my own advice and put it in perspective.

I'll post today's food after WI.

Thanks all for posting, I am pooped now!

IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

IMAG0764.jpg

Right I'm back from WI. Put on half a pound, which is a little frustrating but to be expected.

So that's fine. I now just have to aim 2.5lbs next week to get into the 13s.

Food today...

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Snacked on fruit today, it was too hot and muggy to eat meals (or prepare them for that matter):

2 apples, banana, cherry tomatoes, clementine, plum. Small skinny latte plus 1.5 dairylea triangles (HEa).

Tea:
Veg/lentil soup with 2 sliced quorn sausages (not new recipe).
Prob fruit and yoghurt later.

No syns today. I have come to the conclusion that when I'm struggling a little, I'm better not having alpen lights etc in the house. I just end up scoffing the lot.
If I'm peckish later I have mugshots and savoury rice which are all free. I think I have some corn on the cob too. Right now, they all work for me rather than the sweet stuff anyway.

I've changed my homeworking days, so I'm at home tomorrow too. For now this means I won't be tempted by chocolate and cakes under my nose. No bad thing.

Hope you're all well. I think I've caught up on diaries now, but apologies if I've missed you.

Last edited:
Those pics are great! You look quite good and I especially love the last picture, that's adorable!

half a pound isn't too terrible is it? Could have been more and you did get to enjoy yourself while you were away on your trip. :) You will get more off by next week anyway! Welcome back :D

Ooh I don't think its a great pic of me - I am so unphotogenic.

Yes half a pound is nothing really. I've had a good day today and am really psyched up for a good week and to get into the 13s. I think I have a mental block about it, as its almost unknown territory for me these days.

That pic of the boys is sweet though isn't it. Finally the little sods had the decency to be so exhausted they fell asleep. This is the sort of thing I get up to when stuck in traffic on a 150 mile journey. Couldn't even put my foot down when clear as I had 3 bikes on the back.

Thanks for your kind words though Molly. :)

Am catching up on the weekend's MotoGP now. Silverstone and Brands in just 4 weeks! Eek! I reckon 8-10lbs off if I'm really good - so say aim for 13st 7lbs. I'm getting so excited, I LOVE my bike racing.

Looks like you had a great time chick. That place you were camping looks just gooooooorgeous, that lovely glistening water and all the boats! Lovely! Seems like the boys had fun too. You look great on your pic. Have a great week, half a lb is ok considering you've been away and I think not having the Alpen lights is a good idea if you find them too tempting. X

julesm said:
Looks like you had a great time chick. That place you were camping looks just gooooooorgeous, that lovely glistening water and all the boats! Lovely! Seems like the boys had fun too. You look great on your pic. Have a great week, half a lb is ok considering you've been away and I think not having the Alpen lights is a good idea if you find them too tempting. X

It was really nice, a lovely relaxed feel, but with all the amenities. Definitely one to go back to.

Anyway, I am writing down my intended food for the day.

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Throughout day: various fruit, including apples, satsumas, bananas, pears.

Dinner:
Pan fried salmon, anya new potatoes, salad leaves. Banana ice cream (made from banana - 4 syns, and soya milk - HEa). More fruit probably.

Total syns: 4

** edit at 20:30

I had a mugshot before tea as I was getting a bit hungry. Also, I didn't have the banana ice cream, but two large vodka and tonics instead, which makes 7 syns I believe). I had a shape zero yoghurt after dinner, and a banana and clementine later.

So total is 7 syns.

Last edited:
Those pics are great! You look quite good and I especially love the last picture, that's adorable!
Ooh I don't think its a great pic of me - I am so unphotogenic.
Pinkie - you need to learn to accept compliments!
I agree with missfortissimo it's a nice piccie. Probably not up there in the class of a Lord Snowdon but all the same very, very nice.
It's the same as "Oh you've lost so much weight". Most of us answer back with "Oh but I've still got xx lbs to lose".

Back