It's Now Or Never

Hey Pinkie,

Don't look back. What has happened has happened. You have still lost a load of weight and are much lighter than this time last year. I can promise you that you are not the only one who has had a large gain - look around the forum to see that. My gain isn't quite as big as yours but ONLY because I wasn't off plan for as long as you. Had I been, I would have put on at least that. So don't feel guilty, just look forward to a plan that you know works and carry on. Well done to you for your losses so far.

Gail x

P.S. Today looked good - please make sure that you use your syns. It's hard to continue on this in the long term without using them. So use and enjoy :)

Hey Pinkie - nice to see you back. I agree with Gail, don't look back - you sound focussed and have a real motivation. 4 stone in 6 months - I reckon you will do it easily, esp when you are running more etc. I'm sure the weight will fall off in the first few weeks again too, just as quick as it went on.

Good luck, and keep coming back if need a kick up the bum!!! xxx

Pommette said:
Pinkie - oops to the big gain. BUT you can so do this chica. You've done it before and you can do it again. So just get those running shoes out and ban the booze during the week and it'll be off in double quick time!

Hey thank you Bev. That was a big oops hey :). I've decided to ban the booze apart from special occasions. Normally I'm not that fussed at home anyway. The thing with me is to learn moderation. Clearly it still eludes me :)

gl12282 said:
Hey Pinkie,

Don't look back. What has happened has happened. You have still lost a load of weight and are much lighter than this time last year. I can promise you that you are not the only one who has had a large gain - look around the forum to see that. My gain isn't quite as big as yours but ONLY because I wasn't off plan for as long as you. Had I been, I would have put on at least that. So don't feel guilty, just look forward to a plan that you know works and carry on. Well done to you for your losses so far.

Gail x

P.S. Today looked good - please make sure that you use your syns. It's hard to continue on this in the long term without using them. So use and enjoy :)

Thank you Gail. Yes, I am doing my best not to look back, but my god its a sickener! For the next few days I'm sort of detoxing, so I am being a bit tough, and I don't intend to have any syns. But it very much is short term. As of Monday/Tuesday I'll be back on the normal Slimming World plan. I'm just trying to kick start my weight loss a bit. To be honest, its quite interesting as I'm not eating anything sugary at all, yet actually I'm feeling quite full. It's making me realise how much sugar I must have been consuming before. So ny hope is that I'll have tried some different foods, and have a better idea of how I can fill myself up for longer without gorging on food all day quite as much. E.g. I'd started using a lot of sweetener on my fruit and having sweetened yoghurt. I'm now really starting to appreciate natural yoghurt more. Oh and I'm giving up coffee, something else that I have lots of sweet associations with. Drinking herbal teas instead. I only see it as an issue because I have never had a sweet tooth, or drank coffee, but could see I was getting quite addicted, so I felt I had to break the habit. Anyhoo, the truth will out. But I'll be Slimming Worlding and using up my syns before you know it.

Maverick said:
Hey Pinkie - nice to see you back. I agree with Gail, don't look back - you sound focussed and have a real motivation. 4 stone in 6 months - I reckon you will do it easily, esp when you are running more etc. I'm sure the weight will fall off in the first few weeks again too, just as quick as it went on.

Good luck, and keep coming back if need a kick up the bum!!! xxx
Thanks Laura. I've not run much at all over the past month, due to my injury (achilles tendonitis) but I'm hoping the rest will have sorted it (every cloud and all that). So yes, the running will hopefully really help me out. I didn't go today as I felt a bit rubbish (poor excuse I know), but I'm going on Sunday with my sister.

So, food today....

Breakfast:
Boiled egg, natural bio yoghurt, fennel tea.

Snack:
Boiled egg. Cherry tomatoes and some mange tout.
Glass if water.

Lunch:
Brown rice and salmon on a bed of salad leaves.
Mange tout and carrot batons.
Natural yoghurt.
Fennel tea.

Dinner:
Chicken and king prawns with stir fried vegetables.
Natural yoghurt.
Pint of water.

I feel comfortably but not excessively full now and am in bed as I'm so shattered.

Tomorrow I'm going swimming in the morning, am really looking forward to it as it happens. Then I have soooooooo much work to do, I have a massive report to complete over the weekend, so I can distribute and walk the approvers through it next week, ready for sign off the following week. I swear when its finally done, I will collapse in a big heap and not move for a week. Phew!

Thank you all again for your motivation and suggestions. I certainly won't be abandoning you all. It's just been a very tricky time of late.

Xxx

Pinkie, I've gain 7 pounds myself over the past few months... we can work it off together, I'm always so impressed with the way you juggle work, son, and your exercise. I look forward to seeing more posts from you! :)

missfortissimo said:
Pinkie, I've gain 7 pounds myself over the past few months... we can work it off together, I'm always so impressed with the way you juggle work, son, and your exercise. I look forward to seeing more posts from you! :)

Hey Molly how are you? Listen, you're the queen of juggling. Believe me I am very poor with it all at the moment. If I were judged on current performance I'd probably be sacked right now too.

But yes, we'll both get there hey? Thank you honey x

So I did go for that swim. Amazing how my friend's amazingly smug face motivates me to exercise etc. I'm referring to the guy I have the diet bet with. Who it seems weighs even less than we thought, arghhhhh! But it was a good swim nonetheless, 60 mins/ 1.04 km. I had a nice jacuzzi and steam afterwards too. I'm joining up properly on Sunday, so hopefully between swimming, running (I still have the half marathon to look forward to) and I'll start getting out on the bike once I get my weight down too, don't want to do too much at once - but I should be making a pretty good fist of things on the exercise front. And I always have the Wii/exercise vids too as backup.

Todays food....

Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled (with tbspn butter - 6 syns), 4 rashers of lean back bacon grilled. Glass of water.

Swim.

Lunch:
Mange tout, carrot batons, 2 portions of low fat natural bio yoghurt.
2 pints if water.

Tea:
Small portion Brown rice. Mixed roasted vegetables - 2 portions (butternut squash, courgettes, red and white onions, garlic, mixed peppers, aubergine) with chicken pieces. Oh my god it was bloody gorgeous.
Water.
Portion of natural low fat yoghurt.

That'll be it for today now, though I might have some more yoghurt before bed, and certainly some water.

It's funny how I am now really enjoying the natural yoghurt on its own without any fruit or honey. Maybe this is working. Though I really fancied some fruit earlier. Still, this is not too bad at all for a detox, and its only a couple of days left now. I do feel, physically, much better already. Nowhere near as bloated and I think my hips have slimmed down fractionally. I'm off to football tomorrow, fa cup match. So most of tomorrow is taken up with that. I might go for a run in the evening though once Beanie has gone to his Dads. I'll only do a little 5k, but try and include some hills. My sister is now up to 30 mins, albeit she's slower than me, so I'm also going out with her Sunday morning, before I go for a swim. It sounds a bit ott on the exercise, but I'm not really pushing it with the running, more trying to get myself back into it. Plus I may only do a 30 min swim on Sunday. I have to take the opportunities when they arise though.

Right. The bairn should be done now, so we're gonna play a game for an hour or so before I send him to bed.

Hope you're all good xx

Quick food update.

Weekend was mostly crap, as was yesterday. Mass depression so didn't weigh in, it was all fairly crap and boring.

I did do the run and swim on Sunday though.

Today better - in the office and stuck to my food which I'm pleased about. I decided I am just going to take it one day at a time.

So....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt. Ginger tea.

Lunch:
Apple, salad leaves, mixed roasted vegetables. Fennel tea.

Snacks:
Shape zero yoghurt, carrot batons, cherry tomatoes, mange tout.

Tea:
Syn free bolognaise, wholemeal penne pasta on a large bed of salad leaves. 2 natural fat free yoghurts. Pint of water.

Had originally wanted to go for a run today but work has been too manic.

Tomorrow's lunch and breakfast prepared and in the fridge. Bit of ironing then an hour or two working before bed. Deep joy.

Hope you're all well xx

Pinkie, I think lots of people find weekends hard. They can be angelic Monday - Friday and then it all falls apart when they don't have to go to work.

Sounds as though work is being very stressy and taking up too much of your precious time at home with Beany.

((( Bug Hugs ))) chica :bighug:

missfortissimo said:
Good for you for hopping back on the wagon! I didn't have the best weekend either -- went to a party on Saturday night was was munchy. :eek:

Ooh dear - those munchies are sneaky like that hey? Glad to see you're getting out and about and partying a bit though. What was the occasion?

Pommette said:
Pinkie, I think lots of people find weekends hard. They can be angelic Monday - Friday and then it all falls apart when they don't have to go to work.

Sounds as though work is being very stressy and taking up too much of your precious time at home with Beany.

((( Bug Hugs ))) chica :bighug:

Thanks Bev xx. Yeah work is hell at the moment. Well its not so much that its hell, it is horrendously busy etc, but I'm just not coping with it too well which is the worrying thing. Anyhoo, no point dwelling.

But you make a good point about the weekends, makes me appreciate how hard it must be for you when you're home based so much!

Been good again today, though I've had to cancel yet another run for tomorrow - just can't afford time away from my desk.

So another day under my belt.

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), natural low fat yoghurt. Fennel tea.

Lunch:
Salad leaves with 2 small pan fried salmon fillets. Simple but very nom. Apple, natural yoghurt. Box of mange tout, carrot batons and cherry tomatoes. Fennel tea.

On way home stopped off for a cup of cha at a tea shop with...... LITTLE SAUSAGE! Who is definitely not such a sausage, she is looking fabulous, she's done so well. Was lovely to catch up with her, hopefully we'll be able to fit a lunch in over the next couple of weeks.

Anyhoo, then dinner:
Veggie and lentil soup with half a can of mixed pulses added in.
Sneaked a little salmon.fillet too as it looked so yummy.
Bowl of natural yoghurt.
Pint of water.

Have prepared lunch for tomorrow, and dinner ingredients ready for the evening. Just need to do some ironing, then fit in an hour or so of work before I hit the sack. Am pretty shattered though as I woke at 4 worrying about work lol You can't win hey?

Hope you are all well xxx

Yay, meeting little sausage ! How is she doing ? How much has she lost now ? I was only thinking about her this week and went onto her profile to see when she was last here. Please pass on my best wishes :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

On way home stopped off for a cup of cha at a tea shop with...... LITTLE SAUSAGE! Who is definitely not such a sausage, she is looking fabulous, she's done so well. Was lovely to catch up with her, hopefully we'll be able to fit a lunch in over the next couple of weeks.
OMG - how is she? It is really weird, I was only wondering last night how she was doing as it is soooo long since she posted on here. Say hello to her from me will you please.

Your food is looking good chica, just keep plodding on!

Hey!

Sorry I've not been round much. Sorry to hear you have been struggling but well done for doing some exercise and turning the food round. Your food sounds yummy for yesterday.

Perhaps with work so busy at the money you need to take each day as it comes in terms of food and exercise. Don't vomit yourself to a run until that day, that way you dont feel as bad if you can't do it that day. Not sure if that makes sense, it did in my head!

Is work likely to improve any time soon? Look after yourself. Sounds like you need some serious chill time

Sending big hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Pinkie, good job sticking to the diet despite being unable to exercise. That is hard for me -- if I can't exercise I don't want to stick to the food!

What has got work so busy? Is there any likelihood that it will lighten up at all? Sounds like you need a break!

Hey all and thanks for your lovely words - Penny that did make me giggle. I think you meant commit, but I knew what you were getting at :)

Work is crazy because of the tight deadlines for the project I'm involved on. However, my key deliverable is nearly complete and then my role is more advisory. I've spoken to my boss and my friend at work. They both think I need some respite. Thing is its probably a case of go to personnel to get that (I have no holiday left). But it isn't just work. I've been far more pressured than this before now and dealt with it ok. It's just everything getting to me, getting on top of me. I feel as if I'm suffocating with it and have been getting panic attacks for the past month or so. Anyway, I'm off to the quack in the morning. My anti-depressants he prescribed last month are running out, but I want him to do some hormone tests too.

But another good day for food...
Breakfast:
2 x boiled eggs, fennel tea

Snack:
Rooibus tea, raw green beans, cherry tomatoes.

Lunch:
Salmon steak, salad leaves, yoghurt, apple. Fennel tea.

Snack:
Carrot batons, yoghurt.

Tea:
Chicken stir fry, with rice noodles.
Mixed fruit and natural yoghurt.

Suffice to say I feel comfortably full now. Oh, and I did a sneaky weigh in at Boots (which are the scales we're using for our bet - though we're only comparing our weight once a month) - I've lost 8lbs in the 8 days. Very pleased with that.

No swimming tomorrow - can't afford the time. But I'll treat myself to a run and swim on Sunday. As you say Penny, it'll have to be a bit suck it and see at the moment. Hopefully work will ease up soon though and free my time up.

Anyhoo, ironing to do and a bit of work - want to finish editing my doc from the feedback I've been given. Will make life a lot easier tomorrow then.

Phew! Thanks once again my skinny little chicas xxxx

Was LOVELY seeing you on Wednesday! Definitely must do it again soon.

Sidenote: Hi Ladies! I shall return in short order. Lots happening at the moment.

xxx

missfortissimo said:
8 lbs in 8 days????? That KICKS BUTT!! :D

Hope the doctor can help you out and find ways to get you more happy. :hug99:

It's a bit of a cheat though, I put on so much over Christmas. I'll find out on Monday how far from my previous best I was.

Yes thank you, the doc did help. He was so much better than the locum that was there last time. Took me off the tablets too which I'm kind of pleased about. Thank you for your good wishes though Molly.

LittleSausage said:
Was LOVELY seeing you on Wednesday! Definitely must do it again soon.

Sidenote: Hi Ladies! I shall return in short order. Lots happening at the moment.

xxx

Yay it was so good to see little old you too - you look so beautiful my teeny tiny chica xx I'm not in the office for a couple of weeks, so text rather than email and we can catch up when I'm back in.

Mad work today but made loads if in roads. Virgin media cut me off (direct debit hadn't gone through) so I had to decamp to my sisters so I could use her WiFi. So much for a half day, worked until half six lol. Fortunately she collected and fed Beanie for me, and I scoffed her lads leftovers, so I don't have to cook tonight. Anyway, I'm not going to work anymore tonight, I'll finish up on Sunday while Beanie is at his Dads. I just need to get through to Monday after work then I can relax a bit, workwise at least. :)

So today's food....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), natural yoghurt.

Cup of tea (milk from HEa allowance)

Lunch:
3 egg omlette, dozen cherry tomatoes, 4 rashers of lean back bacon, loads of salad leaves.

2 cups of tea (milk from HEa allowance)

Dinner:
Pasta, creme fraiche (1.5), white wine (3), sausages (9), garlic, veg stock.

Chocolate (2.5).

Total syns: 16

Slightly over, but they're the first syns I've had this week so I'm not too worried.

I'm out after football for a little while tomorrow night. So I'll go non-alcofrolic and then get a shish kebab on the way home. So I had best have a good sized lunch to keep me going. Take some fruit with me too.

Anyway, ironing awaits. Night all xx

Back