It's Now Or Never

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), natural yoghurt.

Lunch:
Veg and lentil soup with a smallish tin of mushy peas stirred in.
Apple.

Snack:
Apple, skinniccino (HEa).

Tea:
Curly wurly (6 syns).
Large bed of salad leaves, pan fried salmon fillet, pan fried tomatoes, Brown rice.
Choc and fudge alpen light bar (3.5 syns).
Clementine.
Apple.

8 elderflower lozenges (6 cals each) = 48cals = 2.5 syns

Total syns: 12
30 mins walking (school run)

Last edited:
Hiya Pinkie - back now from the nether regions of Arctic Britain - to a not very warm Spain. Had snow here too whislt I was away! Brrrrrrrr

Food looking good - so just keep focused on YOURSELF.
Hope you are feeling a bit better now chica.

Hey Pinkie - how's things?? Haven't seen or heard from you for a while, hope you are ok xxx

Hi Pinkie, it looks like you are having quite a difficult time lately. Sorry I have not been around, been busy with school and such. But I wanted to let you know that it is OKAY to feel this way, it does NOT make you mad, and as you can see you have lots of people here to love you and want to support you. WE LOVE PINKIE! :hug99:

Hiya chica. Come back and let us know how you are if you can. :hug99:

Pinkie, I hope you are still reading this... Have noticed you've gone from FB... Hope you are ok. Please let us know if you are ok and if you need anything at all you know where we all are, big hugs to you and Beanie xxxx

Hello girls and thank you for your lovely messages. Sorry I've not been on for a while. To be honest, I've been hiding myself away a bit - just don't feel like I can face people too much. I'm off FB too as part of that. So I guess I should give you a quick update on what's what. I'm still off work, and signed off till the end of this month. I'm hoping to look at going back after that. I was referred to a pyschiatrist, who in turn referred me to a Cognitive Behaviourial Therapist, of which I've had 3 sessions so far. He has also prescribed me some antidepressants which finally feel that they are helping a bit. I am feeling better than I was, the panic attacks have really diminished. I seem to be sleeping a lot, I just feel so exhausted all the time. But I am really making the effort with the CBT stuff, I know this is my chance to really sort my head out once and for all. I quite like the therapy as it's not just about talking to someone once a week, but going home and doing something more practical about the various issues. It does take a lot of inward looking, but also it's about changing the way I think and respond emotionally as well as physically to different situations. I'm learning a lot about myself all the time. Something that I have kind of admitted to myself is that I am more of a social animal than I like to think. I've always considered myself to be very independent, but I've realised that I am much happier when in people's company. To this end, I have been trying to get myself out more. Not at night (haven't had a night out since mid Jan) but just little things like going for a coffee with a friend, or last week I took my Mum out for lunch (SW friendly!) at Sainsburys. Nothing flash, but keeping myself ticking over. I'm also starting to look at some new hobbies I could do - new ways to occupy myself. So I'm trying to be more positive about things. The fact is, I still have 6 evenings a week when I'm by myself, but I'm trying to look at how I can use that time in a way that is more positive for my overall health. I've also addressed my financial situation. I've remortgaged which has enabled me to pay off all other debts, and have more money left at each month. Well, I will have once I get back to work. Right now, I'm about £400 down a month as I'm not on call at the moment. I'm trying to look at how I can make my life easier, specifically once I am back at work. I'm trying to get a few big jobs done round the house. A friend helped me clear up the back garden last week. Tomorrow morning another friend and I will be doing a tip run to get rid of a load of all the old crap in the garage/garden. I have money left over from the remortgage towards getting the bathroom done (it's a horrible mess right now). I need to ebay things and could do with going through cupboards/drawers indoors. I also need to tackle the front garden, but my Mum bless her, bought me the sheets I can put down to stop weeds coming through, so it's now down to me dig up all the weeds and get that done. Once I'm earning my callout again I'll then be able to get the slatey bits to go on top of that. The point is, all this stuff was building up and building up, and adding to the pressure I felt around me all the time. Steven and I are getting on better, it's far more relaxed between us. I'm trying to accept his faffiness and not let it wind me up all the time, though it still does. I'm still not overly active with him, mostly because I am so exhausted, but I am hoping that will come. I also decided that this year, I need to concentrate on my environment - i.e. the house and garden, rather than running about going camping every time we get a break. We will have a camping break with my sister over the jubilee weekend, two other camp breaks at Brands, and then we'll go to visit my friend in France for a week. That will be it for Beanie - and I'm accepting that actually that's still not bad at all, and it doesn't make me a bad Mum. Tomorrow night we're going to make coleslaw and rocky road cakes (his request). It's all about the little things - and that is what we used to do. We were always making stuff together and we never seem to anymore. Some things just won't change. His Dad is still the bain of my life (I'll fill you in his latest act of ****wittedness later), work will continue to be hard, stressful and it will get worse. I will still be a single parent. But the the way I deal with all these things needs to change. And I need to learn to accept my strengths and limitations in other parts of my life and not beat myself up about it.

Wow, what a tome. I should print this out and read it to my mental lady (the CBT therapist). So I've come quite a way, but there's still a long way to go.

Right Beanie's Dad - he's getting married this year, and despite me moving my holiday to France around (before I'd booked the flights) to accomodate his expected wedding date, he went ahead and booked it for while we were away (yes he knew the dates). I was so upset for Steven. The thought that everyone else would be part of his Dad's big day, the lead up to it, as well as all the photos afterwards, and he wouldn't was just dreadful. I had already booked the flights by this point, and it turned out I could move them, but it would cost £200 to do so. When I told the twat all he did was whine about having no money, so I was resigned to the fact I'd have to pay it myself. £200 for my boy not being completely screwed up in the head is a small price, it was a no brainer. Fortunately the twat has come through and will pay me back over the next 6 weeks. Incredible isn't it. So you see, he will never change, he can never be counted on for Steven. So I need to learn to deal with it better.

Weight wise - well at the end of November last year I got down to a low of 13 stone 3lbs. I put on over a stone and a half, and lose some weight but then started putting it back on. I tried not to let it be a big deal as I recognised that I had other crap to deal with. Anyway, the previous weigh in I showed at 14 stone 10lbs, but last Monday I lost 3lbs and so currently weigh 14 stone 7lbs. I finally feel that I am back on it now. I've been extremely good this week, and my hips feel a little slimmer, so fingers crossed for tomorrow night. But I feel like I can pay some attention to the diet again, and seem to be thinking with my Slimming World head again. I am aiming to get to 14 stone by the end of March. I'm going to take it half stone at a time. And I have also decided that I think 12 stone is where I want to aim for. I will re-evaluate when I get there - but for now, I'm aiming for that 14 stone. Baby steps and all that.

I hurt my shoulder at half term (playing cricket on Bournemouth beach) - I fell straight onto it. It still hurts now, so I haven't really been exercising. Though one of my tasks each day is to exercise. So once I get my legs waxed on Thursday I will get myself back to the swimming pool and work on it. No running for over a month, but once the shoulder feels a little better I will get back on with that too. And cycling as well. Needless to say I won't be doing the half marathon next Sunday. I will aim for another one later in the year perhaps. We shall see, I don't want to add any more pressure than necessary.

So that's where I am at the moment. I treated myself to an Asus Transformer Prime (a dogs bollocks Android version of the iPad) so it's much easier to type on there. I am going to try and write my food up each day and keep posting on here. Tonight is the first time (in I notice 4 weeks) that I've felt able to. But I will try to be better at it going forwards. I think it will help in all sorts of ways, one of which being losing weight, but another recognising that I do need to be communicating with people more. I need to catch up with what all of you have been up to as well. Maybe you could help me out with a little synopsis of what's what, as it will take me forever to catch up with you all.

So again, thank you girls for your lovely support. It has been a tough time, but I'm so lucky that I've been able to get the respite I clearly needed, I just need to be sensible and do all the right things so I can move forwards and be a far healthier person, for me and my boy. I hope you are all well, let me know what you've been up to, how your weight loss is going.

Love and hugs to you all xxxxx

Superb to hear from you and you really sound like you are in such a good place! I know you have some work to do but your positive steps are amazing!
Give yourself a proud smile :)

No, still doing supply but it's going ok. I am over hyper excited cos I joined fire and rescue volunteers and it's so much fun I can't sleep! Lol

On Sunday I was a victim in a train crash role play! Horrible if you think too hard but sooo much fun helping with a training event, and yes, firemen! Need I say more??

There's more to it than that, and loving it. Amazes me how much greater my confidence is and how much better I feel.
Thanks for asking. I must post something on my diary soon!
Tracy x

OK - so I am back as promised - and in a buoyant mood - which is nice for a change.

So today's food....

Breakfast: 2 egg scramble, 2 rashers lean back bacon, 2 grilled tomatoes. Cup of skimmed milk (half HEa) with coffee granules and sweetener.
Snack: Apple and plum.
Tea: gammon, bean and vegetable casserole - made with mixed veg (carrots, celery, onion), a can of baked beans, mild chilli powder, paprika, worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, 2 gammon steaks (made 4 portions) - it was bloody gorgeous!
Snack: Hi fi bar (half HEb). Vodka and diet lemonade (3.5 syns). 2 pieces of chocolate (6.5 syns).
3 x crunchie nut cornflake/marshmallow/choc cakes (6 syns est - but it was my treat to myself)
Total syns: 16

I cleared all the rubbish from the garage, plus some old electrical stuff indoors in a 2 stage tip run. And I did the ironing - get me. That's it - well apart from cooking tea and making crispy chocolate marshmallow cakes with the bairn. I am so bone idle at the moment. Had a little nap for half and hour, but I felt so tired, I know that sounds wussy but I did.

I was supposed to be meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, but I've been blown out for Glenn Hoddle. Bloody cheek! I think we (me and my friend, not me and Glenn Hoddle, he's Spurs, I don't like Spurs) may meet Wednesday instead. So I need to get a plan for tomorrow now. Boring household stuff, but I'll try do some more clearing. The weather is so grotty at the moment, I don't have the slightest intention of doing anything outdoors. I'll do a little plan in the morning though I think (I've decided I need to do a plan each day, it's just the way I work).

Anyway, weigh in tonight. I can hardly believe this, but I only went and lost 7lbs!!!! Amazing hey?! I think this is down to me losing my appetite quite a bit over the past week. It's been really odd, no desire to overeat, don't fancy anything in the supermarket. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my meals when I make them, I just don't want to eat rubbish or huge portions. Take this morning, I only had 2 rashers rather than 4, and only 2 eggs rather than 3 - and even that was a struggle. Unchartered territory for me. I am assuming it's the medication, but maybe, just maybe, I am starting to really clear my head, and not emotionally eat as much. I think that would be too much to hope for, I think it's the medication. Hey, I'll get there.

So that puts me back at 14 stone, only 10lbs off my previous best low. I was aiming for 14 stone by the end of March, but I will now change that to 13stone 7lbs by the beginning of April (2nd April to be precise) - which is just under 2lb a week. Should be doable, but I'd be happy with 4lbs off in that time, so long as it's in the right direction.

Steven and I made these little crunchie nut cornflake/marshmallow/chocolate cakes after school. I told him where I'd put them to cool off so that weren't exposed. Silly sod comes in after cubs asking where they were - I am so mean, I refused to tell him, as I'd already done that and he should have been listening. He's gone to bed without one (though seems to have forgotten to be fair). Might sound mean, but this is my payback for all the times he ignores me. Ha!

Not a bad day for me then.

Hope you're all good.

Last edited:
Woodland girl said:
No, still doing supply but it's going ok. I am over hyper excited cos I joined fire and rescue volunteers and it's so much fun I can't sleep! Lol

On Sunday I was a victim in a train crash role play! Horrible if you think too hard but sooo much fun helping with a training event, and yes, firemen! Need I say more??

There's more to it than that, and loving it. Amazes me how much greater my confidence is and how much better I feel.
Thanks for asking. I must post something on my diary soon!
Tracy x

Oh that sounds interesting - apart from throwing yourself at firefighters what does it involve? In what way has it boosted your confidence?
You live in Sussex don't you? My sister has recently booked a camping trip for down that way, a place called Blacklands Farm.
Sorry you've not got a perm position yet- but I guess Supply keeps the money ticking over. Fingers crossed for you that something comes your way soon!

Natalie x

Well done on your huge loss :)

It mostly involves community safety, helping at fire station opens days etc. I have also just completed the training needed to help young people who start fires.

Confidence? By doing something completely different and meeting so many new people. Having to travel all over the place etc. it all scares me but everyone is so nice

Yes, I am in Rye, lovely place!
X

Hello,

I'm new to minimins and just stumbled across your diary. Wanted to say that I think you're great. Open and honest and still dealing with weightloss despite having so much going on.

Erika

Woodland girl said:
Well done on your huge loss :)

It mostly involves community safety, helping at fire station opens days etc. I have also just completed the training needed to help young people who start fires.

Confidence? By doing something completely different and meeting so many new people. Having to travel all over the place etc. it all scares me but everyone is so nice

Yes, I am in Rye, lovely place!
X

I see! That sounds so interesting. I should look into doing something like that. My problem is, ordinarily with call out for work I just can't commit myself to anything. Maybe I'll look online and see what's what. Yes Rye is lovely isn't it? I used to ride my bike down there, a very pretty little town.

Spek79 said:
Hello,

I'm new to minimins and just stumbled across your diary. Wanted to say that I think you're great. Open and honest and still dealing with weightloss despite having so much going on.

Erika

Ah thank you Erika, that's very kind of you to say. I think we all have our challenges. In retrospect, I think I do better when I post regularly on here, it helps to have the support and know that others at least share some of your life struggles! :)

OK, so today's food.....

Breakfast: Apple. Skimmed milk in milky coffee (2/3 HEa).

Snack: 2 plums. A few grapes.

Late lunch: 2 packs of low fat super noodles.

Tea: pasta, mixed frozen vegetables and a salmon steak. Apple. Cornflake/choc/mallow cake (3 syns).

Snack: milky coffee (remaining HEa + 4 syns for the extra milk).

Total syns: 7.

No HEb today, just didn't fancy it. It was a stodgy food day, it was soooo cold! Everything seems to be in working order though, and I get plenty of fibre in fruit, so I'm not too worried right now. I'll have porridge one morning perhaps.

I wrote my list out as I said I would. And have done virtually everything on it too. I have some CBT work to do - and I am procrastinating a bit with it. I may sit and do it in bed later, then do my nails as a treat afterwards. But at least the house is pretty clean and I've done a couple of other silly little things that needed doing.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to meet my friend for lunch, assuming he doesn't blow me out. I'm also gonna get some boring paperwork done, gotta try and keep on top of it. Something I did do today though was speak to my boss, for the first time since I left work. He was very nice and supportive and told me to take my time and make sure I'm better. But he also said there's plenty of work for me - so at least I know I've got a job to go back to. He also said about easing myself back in when I do go back, so everyone seems to have the same idea there. Its a bit nerve wracking, but I do need to start thinking about it. It's just three and a half weeks away - I can't believe how quick the time has gone. So yes, I must do my CBT work, I need to have my head clear and be ready and prepared for work.

Oh another good thing - I have Steven at home for the next 2 weekends. This weekend as his Dad is on call, the following weekend I requested as it's Mother's Day. I've invited my Mum and Dad over, so I need to think of something nice to make them. Maybe I'll ask my Mum what she fancies, seeing as it's supposed to be her treat. Hmm, I wonder if I would feel up to asking my sister and her family too. Food for thought.

So not an overly interesting post from me I'm afraid but I have been good with my diet. I shall do my CBT stuff in bed and get up early and do today's ironing then. I'm also getting my eyebrows waxed tomorrow. They desperately need it, before they get up and walk off!

Night night all xxx

Had a nice day today. Walked my son to school, then went and watched my nephew in his school assembly which I enjoyed. Walked home, then got my eyebrows waxed. Always feels good to get them sorted out. I did some jobs at home: prepared tea to marinade, washing up, ironing and hoiked out my essential oils, as I want to make a little car smelly thing for my friend for her birthday. My friend then turned up and he took me out for lunch. I'm going to flexi-syn today, but on reflection I could have done it easily within my 15 syn allowance. It was a nice lunch though, and we had a good laugh, I haven't seen him for nearly a year. Collected Steven from school then he went to my sister-in-laws to play so I went over too and shared a couple of small glasses of wine with her.

So today will be high synwise, but I only had a main in the pub and haven't overly scoffed the rest of the day. If I hadn't oversynned in the pub though, I think I wouldn't have permitted myself the wine at my sister-in-laws, so it just shows how easily it can get out of hand. I feel really headachy and tired now though and my throat is really sore. I have some CBT work to do this evening, there are few things I need to think/work through, and I want to at least have a shot at this on my own before I see the mental lady on Friday. I won't bore you with all that though - I know what I need to do, so I'll crack on and do it.

So, today's food....

Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Beer battered cod and chips with tartare sauce (34.5 syns), pint of cider (8 syns)
Snack: 2 plums. 2 small glasses of wine (8 syns)
Tea: Slimming World Sticky Chicken (link below), savoury rice, salad leaves. (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 56!!!!

Other than that I've drunk water and herbal teas.

The SW Sticky Chicken was gorgeous! A friend of mine who has recently joined SW tried and recommended it - and she was so right. I did it with 2 tablespoons each of honey, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, with 4 small chicken breasts and Steven and I had half each. He loved it too, so definitely one for the future. I think it would also work really well with pork. Anyway, the link to the recipe is here...

http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/sticky-chicken.aspx

So I'm feeling a bit of a pig now. I could have just had a jacket potato and beans in the pub, not had the wine and I would then have still been within the daily allowance. But I didn't, and I don't often go out, so sod it. I shall just make sure I'm very good the rest of the week. Tomorrow I'm going into London for my leg wax. I feel worn out just thinking of doing that. Honestly, I wonder how I coped with working as well as keeping the house etc. Apparently in my situation, it's quite normal to feel very tired. Still makes me feel guilty, lazy and quite frankly pretty wussy though. So no late night for me.

Anyhoo, must go and run Steven's bath, stinky little sod! :)

Take care all xx

Today's food:

Breakfast: skinny latte (HEa)
Snacks throughout day: 2 bananas, 2 apples, 2 alpen light bars (HEb)
Dinner: pasta,vegetables, can of tuna, cherry tomatoes (was delish!). Natural low fat yoghurt with grapes and pear chopped up into it. I'm stuffed now!

It was a funny day for food as I was up in London for my leg wax. I had an idea I could go to an exhib at the RA, but when I got there, people were queuing out into the courtyard area! So I swerved that, and carried on walking up through Oxford Street and sat in Soho Square for an hour just relaxing. After the wax I walked a longer way back and decided to stop in at the National Portrait Gallery. A) Because I have never been there. B) I was determined to get something cultural in whilst in town. It was just a fleeting visit as I wanted to get back to Vic so I could get my train home and get the bairn. It was good in there though - found out about all sorts of people I'd never previously heard of. I'll have to go back soon and devote a bit more time to it. All in all though I did a good 3 hours or so walking today, and I now feel pooped. My list of jobs today is not looking too good on the crossed out front. Even though I haven't used my brain at all today, I feel mentally as well as physically exhausted. I have been thinking about some stuff round my CBT and some issues I want to discuss with my lady tomorrow. Hopefully some more breakthroughs huh.

Anyway, have a good evening. I have a small child to goad into bed, and some paperwork I need to file away (I will get something done from my list!).

xx

Today's food...

Breakfast:
2 rashers of lean back bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, a dozen pan fried cherry tomatoes.

Snack:
2 plums
Small bar of Green and Blacks milk chocolate (10 syns)

Tea:
Skimmed milky coffee (HEa)
Pasta, tuna, mixed vegetables and 2 corn on the cob.
Possibly some fruit and low fat natural yoghurt later.

Total syns: 10

I'm conscious that I haven't had my HEb again, but I really don't feel like it. I can't believe how little I'm eating too.

Had my CBT session this morning and felt really worn out afterwards. There are a few areas that I have to start probing further into, and I think it's going to all get a bit emotional :-( Went and got the weekly shop after, then the plumber came over to help me decide what to do with the bathroom. So now I have an idea of what that will all come to. Hopefully he will be able to get a good builder he often works with to do the tiling and fit the radiator cover in. Fingers crossed.

Quiet night tonight, Steven went to play at a friends for a bit - an impromptu invitation so that was nice. Tomorrow he is running for his school in the Kent Cross Country Championship, so an earlyish start (I have just realised we have to get 8 safety pins, so off to the shops first, how annoying). I have quite a bit of homework for my CBT to do over the next fortnight, but I am now on a 3 week countdown until my return to work. I think I said that yesterday I booked in my leg wax plus a facial for the Friday beforehand. I want to feel like I look my best when I go back, give me more confidence, as it will be nerve wracking enough as it is. I am dreading it, but am thinking about work a lot more. I have to go back sometime, and really in 3 weeks I guess I will be fine. It will be a phased return, so it won't be quite so daunting. As much as I am filled with trepidation, I am getting to a point where I am starting to look forward to it too though. All very good signs.

Anyway, that's me. I hope you are all well.

xx

Back