It's Now Or Never

Penny!!!! I just popped over to your thread, and you've been reproducing?/!!! Congratulations!! When did all this occur? I went back to about March but got distracted at home. I shall pop over to yours later.

Food for today...
Breakfast:
2 cups of tea (1 syn on milk)
Mixed canned fruit (6.5 syns)
Total Greek yoghurt (2 syns)
35g oats (HexB)

Snack:
Apple, satsuma, tea (milk 0.5 syns)

Lunch:
Savoury rice

Snack:
Leftover roasted veg

Dinner:
Chilli (made with loads of mixed chopped veggies), SW potato wedges, salad leaves, grated cheese (HexA)
1/2 pack of Beyond Dark orange moments of pleasure (5 syns)

Also been drinking herbal tea. Been feeling crappy all week, and today the cold has finally come out, in fu flow. Oh yay!

Just watching Transformers with Beanie, been on our list since going to Universal at Florida last month. The Moments of Pleasure are little dark choc drops. A bag is 9.5 syns, but I can make them last a while. So I divvied them into halves, put one half away for another day, and had half now, in a little egg cup. The trick is to suck each one individually, can last hours that way!

Anyhoo, back to the Transformers. Come on Bumblebee!!!

Last edited:
Penny!!!! I just popped over to your thread, and you've been reproducing?/!!! Congratulations!! When did all this occur? I went back to about March but got distracted at home. I shall pop over to yours later. Food for today... Breakfast: 2 cups of tea (1 syn on milk) Mixed canned fruit (6.5 syns) Total Greek yoghurt (2 syns) 35g oats (HexB) Snack: Apple, satsuma, tea (milk 0.5 syns) Lunch: Savoury rice Snack: Leftover roasted veg Dinner: Chilli (made with loads of mixed chopped veggies), SW potato wedges, salad leaves, grated cheese (HexA) 1/2 pack of Beyond Dark orange moments of pleasure (5 syns) Also been drinking herbal tea. Been feeling crappy all week, and today the cold has finally come out, in fu flow. Oh yay! Just watching Transformers with Beanie, been on our list since going to Universal at Florida last month. The Moments of Pleasure are little dark choc drops. A bag is 9.5 syns, but I can make them last a while. So I divvied them into halves, put one half away for another day, and had half now, in a little egg cup. The trick is to suck each one individually, can last hours that way! Anyhoo, back to the Transformers. Come on Bumblebee!!!

Hey!

We have a little boy called Oliver who was born at the beginning of February. My diary is now almost all about him with the odd bit about my quest to lose my baby belly!! Slowly doing it but not half as easy as before where time was in quantity. Loving being a mummy though.

Great to have you back on here. Boo to the cold. Hate them. Dose up and hope it goes soon

X

Yay Pinkie, so glad to see you back and determined again. You've done it before and you know you can do it again!!

I'm with you on the portion control, I try to plate up less for myself than the grown man but I feel like I'm missing out!!

Your kitchen sounds like heaven, I think I've seen photos of it and the bunnery on fb, looks fab :) Hope you have many enjoyable days cooking in there!! xxxx

Right, am now on my tablet, it had gone awol since Kamerica, but the app on this is slightly better than my phone.

So first up, piccies of my new kitchen (god I love it so much, I have become a kitchen bore!) lol

ForumRunner_20140601_091951.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092009.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092025.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092037.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092050.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092108.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092129.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092148.png

ForumRunner_20140601_092201.png

Hey!

We have a little boy called Oliver who was born at the beginning of February. My diary is now almost all about him with the odd bit about my quest to lose my baby belly!! Slowly doing it but not half as easy as before where time was in quantity. Loving being a mummy though.

Great to have you back on here. Boo to the cold. Hate them. Dose up and hope it goes soon

X

Wow it is fab isn't it - all consuming too. I remember keeping a spreadsheet (much to everyone's horror) showing Steven's feeding, pooping and sleeping. But for me that was the way in which I could put it all together and find patterns (because as you know your brain officially becomes mush!). Worked too, within a week or so of doing that, and a few other little things I tried out, I had him on a sleep/feed pattern and he was different baby. All I can say, is enjoy every moment. Before long they are taking their 11+ (you're a Kent girl aren't you?), heading off to secondary school and far prefer their friends over their Mum. ;-) Don't worry too much about the baby belly, just try and moderate and focus on the bubba - the rest will eventually fall in to place. Really pleased for you all!

Yay Pinkie, so glad to see you back and determined again. You've done it before and you know you can do it again!!

I'm with you on the portion control, I try to plate up less for myself than the grown man but I feel like I'm missing out!!

Your kitchen sounds like heaven, I think I've seen photos of it and the bunnery on fb, looks fab :) Hope you have many enjoyable days cooking in there!! xxxx

I posted piccies above (I hadn't stuck them on FB, as I didn't want to seem like I'm missus rich ***** to the masses - I'm not, my mortgage has increased to pay for it). The kitchen desperately needed doing though - doors, drawer fronts etc were all falling off, and the electrics were just plain dangerous. It was all rewired as part of the work, with a new fuse box installed, so all safe and sound now.

So my food yesterday, we had an athletics meeting at Hastings, and picnic style lunches have always been a challenge for me on SW. I'm just not a fan of sandwiches, and I don't like eating meals (like salad, pasta salad etc) on the hoof like that. I did take a couple of chicken legs I'd roasted, but I just couldn't eat them, I'm really not a chicken leg person.

Breakfast:
Fat ball (5 syns)

Lunch/snacks:
2 apples, 3 satsumas

Early evening snack:
Pack of syn free chicken.

Dinner:
Moroccan lamb stew with cousous (free)
Vodka (36 syns)
Eton Mess (3.5 syns)
Slimline tonic

Total: 44.5 syns

So a big old oops day. We had intended not to drink alcofrol, in which case my syns would have been fine. However, by the end of the day, we both (my friend, who's kids also do athletics) fancied it - so vodka seemed the best option. That said, we stuck to our SW dinner (she is also doing SW) and didn't start picking at other foods, so even though my syns look horrific, I'm actually quite pleased with that. I didn't have either of my Hex's, but to be honest, one day will not kill me. Ordinarily I get plenty of fibre and calcium, my body can cope for one day.

All that said, I am now a little worried that my potential weight loss will be severely affected. This morning I just couldn't face my usual healthy breakfast choices, so have had some oatcakes with dairylea and cucumber on (all synned etc, I will write it up tonight).

Not sure what my plans for today might be. I need to build the bunnies a new cardboard playhouse. They have demolished their current one. So will need to pop out and get some decent tape for that (regular brown tape doesn't seem to be strong enough). As it will sit in the kitchen, I need to be very careful about how I do it (and I really am not creative) as I don't want it to look a complete mess.

For now though I am catching up on the Isle of Man TT races from yesterday. The bunnies are chilling in the corner (we didn't go to bed till nearly 3, the buns were completely thrown that I was up so late, I'm normally in bed by 3). Feel as if I could go back to sleep again! ZZzzzzzz

Afternoon chica - loving the kitchen. The stairs look much better than the old ones and give the bunns somewhere to hide.
Re syns yetserday - just try and only have 10 a day for the next 6 days and they will balance out for the 7 days.
Simples!

Hi Pom,

yes I am so pleased with it. I just need to varnish the stairs now to protect the wood. The buns do love their little hole, and it keep so much of the mess out of the way as well, so we're all happy!

Re syns, I worked out tomorrow's on the basis that we will have chicken kiev for tea after cricket practice. The ones we have are 13.5 syns, and I will have a 3 syn yoghurt for breakfast, so that takes me a little over. I'm not too worried at this stage though, because like I say, I'm not having say 2 shape yoghurts instead which I could have free. In terms of nutritional value etc, I think it will even itself out, and I don't generally go over my syns.

Today's food though...

Breakfast:
3 Nairn oatcakes (6 syns), dairylea (HexA), cucumber, milk in tea (0.5 syns)

Snack:
Chicken pieces, rest of Moroccan lamb casserole, 2 apples, savoury rice (guess who had the munchies!)

Tea:
Ryvita minis (HexB)

Total syns: 6.5

If I have anything else now, it will just be some fruit, but I don't really fancy anything, so probably won't bother anyway.

A strange day's food - leftovers from yesterday and feeling the need for a bit of stodge after all that vodka and lack of sleep. I could have really easily gone on a carb fest, but restrained myself and had the chicken and savoury rice instead. My SF is a bit low (though there were plenty of veggies in the casserole), but again, over the course of a week, I think I usually balance out at 50:50 SF vs F.

I took my starting measurements today. A few days too late, but given I would ideally like to lose in the order of 6 1/2 stone, I'm not that concerned (though the pedant in me is annoyed I don't have them as of Tuesday morning).

Other than the naughtier chicken kiev tomorrow (which we will have with salad and no other potatoes etc) I think I have all the food in to do some good SW friendly meals. I really can't be fussed with taking packed lunches to work at present, so will probably just have a jacket potato with beans and salad on my office days. I even worked out that tomorrow I can treat myself to a small full fat latte from the rooftop cafe. I usually drink herbal tea; I have one of those "I'm not a paper cup" ceramic take out style cups, that I constantly refill and is so handy for nipping from meeting to meeting.

Beanie has just come home from his Dad's and is taking a quick shower. I have persuaded him to cuddle up and watch a film (I believe Transformers 2 is on the menu) then settle down to bed. He's had a few late nights with it being half term, so I'd like for him not to be playing over the green for one evening. He is a tetchy little bugger at the moment, but just like when he was a baby, provided he is well fed and get's enough sleep, he is much more compliant.

Tomorrow I also have to have a meeting about my contract (compulsory for all employees) and hand in a letter stating my claim for being able to do homeworking. Although I have been homeworking for over 7 years now, it is not actually in my contract. The fact I have an 11 year old dependent, and I'm a single Mum will hopefully swing it in my favour.

Anyhoo, Bairn is now out of the shower, and flinging his cricket ball around the back garden in his bare feet. Why did I bother? So had better go and get the film on. I'm very lucky that despite his age Beanie is very affectionate, so lots of cuddles for me this evening. :)

Wow it is fab isn't it - all consuming too. I remember keeping a spreadsheet (much to everyone's horror) showing Steven's feeding, pooping and sleeping. But for me that was the way in which I could put it all together and find patterns (because as you know your brain officially becomes mush!). Worked too, within a week or so of doing that, and a few other little things I tried out, I had him on a sleep/feed pattern and he was different baby. All I can say, is enjoy every moment. Before long they are taking their 11+ (you're a Kent girl aren't you?), heading off to secondary school and far prefer their friends over their Mum. ;-) Don't worry too much about the baby belly, just try and moderate and focus on the bubba - the rest will eventually fall in to place. Really pleased for you all! I posted piccies above (I hadn't stuck them on FB, as I didn't want to seem like I'm missus rich ***** to the masses - I'm not, my mortgage has increased to pay for it). The kitchen desperately needed doing though - doors, drawer fronts etc were all falling off, and the electrics were just plain dangerous. It was all rewired as part of the work, with a new fuse box installed, so all safe and sound now. So my food yesterday, we had an athletics meeting at Hastings, and picnic style lunches have always been a challenge for me on SW. I'm just not a fan of sandwiches, and I don't like eating meals (like salad, pasta salad etc) on the hoof like that. I did take a couple of chicken legs I'd roasted, but I just couldn't eat them, I'm really not a chicken leg person. Breakfast: Fat ball (5 syns) Lunch/snacks: 2 apples, 3 satsumas Early evening snack: Pack of syn free chicken. Dinner: Moroccan lamb stew with cousous (free) Vodka (36 syns) Eton Mess (3.5 syns) Slimline tonic Total: 44.5 syns So a big old oops day. We had intended not to drink alcofrol, in which case my syns would have been fine. However, by the end of the day, we both (my friend, who's kids also do athletics) fancied it - so vodka seemed the best option. That said, we stuck to our SW dinner (she is also doing SW) and didn't start picking at other foods, so even though my syns look horrific, I'm actually quite pleased with that. I didn't have either of my Hex's, but to be honest, one day will not kill me. Ordinarily I get plenty of fibre and calcium, my body can cope for one day. All that said, I am now a little worried that my potential weight loss will be severely affected. This morning I just couldn't face my usual healthy breakfast choices, so have had some oatcakes with dairylea and cucumber on (all synned etc, I will write it up tonight). Not sure what my plans for today might be. I need to build the bunnies a new cardboard playhouse. They have demolished their current one. So will need to pop out and get some decent tape for that (regular brown tape doesn't seem to be strong enough). As it will sit in the kitchen, I need to be very careful about how I do it (and I really am not creative) as I don't want it to look a complete mess. For now though I am catching up on the Isle of Man TT races from yesterday. The bunnies are chilling in the corner (we didn't go to bed till nearly 3, the buns were completely thrown that I was up so late, I'm normally in bed by 3). Feel as if I could go back to sleep again! ZZzzzzzz

Ha ha love the sound of your spreadsheet. Oliver's sleep at night is all over the place. Think a spreadsheet would just depress me at the Moment because it would remind me how little sleep I'm getting!! Like you say very consuming but the best feeling in the world when I see him smile at me. We bought his high chair today. Baby rice on the menu tomorrow. Growing up so quick. We live in bexley which is in London but kent postcode so still applicable for grammar schools and 11 plus. Will try not think about that quite yet. By then I'm sure I'll be far too embarrassing for him and he will just grunt to his mum hehe x

I've just found your post form almost 3 years ago with your kitchen pics then
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/186930-its-now-never-10.html#post3883652
Wow - it looks really different! Are you missing the extra units that you've lost from under the stairs?

A little yes. But I had a much needed clear out too. Also, under the stairs now has stuff that was elsewhere in the house, plus 3 boxes of bunny hay etc. It works better now though. The main issue was the ridiculous number of mugs I had, so I had to be ruthless there too.

Ha ha love the sound of your spreadsheet. Oliver's sleep at night is all over the place. Think a spreadsheet would just depress me at the Moment because it would remind me how little sleep I'm getting!! Like you say very consuming but the best feeling in the world when I see him smile at me. We bought his high chair today. Baby rice on the menu tomorrow. Growing up so quick. We live in bexley which is in London but kent postcode so still applicable for grammar schools and 11 plus. Will try not think about that quite yet. By then I'm sure I'll be far too embarrassing for him and he will just grunt to his mum hehe x

Yes we were in Sidcup so would have had the same thing. I think the Bexley. 11+ is better than the Medway one though, and there are good schools there too whatever.

Back in the office today - I have come to realise, I bloody hate my job!!! More on that later though, my bus has almost arrived.

Morning Pinkie!

Your new kitchen is stunning, and I just love the bunnies hideaway!

Thank you Lynne. :)

Food today....

Breakfast:
Greek yoghurt (3 syns), mixed seeds (HexB), latte (HexA).

Lunch:
Baked sweet potato, baked beans, salad

Mid afternoon snack:
Apple & satsuma

Early evening snack:
Apple, chicken pieces

Dinner:
Cod (batter removed), half portion chips (9 syns), mushy peas

Total 12 syns

Am at cricket practice at mo, hence the early evening snack. I literally got home from work and went straight out and was really hungry. So I decided that a snack would be better than crashing and eating much naughtiness later.

Meeting about contract deferred till Weds, but its pretty much a question of sign it or bugger off. The thing I do need to do is get them to agree officially to homeworking. Hopefully this is just a formality, but I don't trust our HR dept one iota. Time will tell anyway.

Anyhoo, it's weigh in tomorrow - it's only my first week, but I'm quite excited. Just thrilled to be back and taking positive action.

Last edited:
Well done on the wise food choices, and hope that you get the result that you want from work xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Fingers crossed here for you for WI and also for your work meeting.
I went through similar with the Logica take-over of CMG/Admiral and they tried to bully everyone into agreeing new Ts & Cs.
Not very nice all round.

Fingers crossed here for you for WI and also for your work meeting.
I went through similar with the Logica take-over of CMG/Admiral and they tried to bully everyone into agreeing new Ts & Cs.
Not very nice all round.

Agreed. I still can't believe they can just do that tbh. I won't be signing anything there and then (a lot have). I want to review the new contract at my leisure first. Ah well.

Agreed. I still can't believe they can just do that tbh. I won't be signing anything there and then (a lot have). I want to review the new contract at my leisure first. Ah well.

All I would say is just be careful. I refused to sign mine - as they were trying to take away my car and lots of other perks.
Result? I got made redundant. No connection of course - or so they said.
I suppose if I'm being charitable there wasn't a connection as they made evryone nearly 50 redundant.
Didn't fit their "age profile".

First weigh in, and I am down 6lbs. Go me!!

Obviously the vodkathon (in isolation) did not cause too much of an issue.

Said I'd aim for 2lbs next week, though secretly I'm hoping for 3.5lbs to sneak me into the next zone. Realistically I think 2-2.5 is about right, based on history.

I have a challenge coming up this week though - leaving drinks on Thursday evening. There will be champagne and a buffet snack. So I think if I have a decent lunch (jacket spud and beans), and only the syns in my yoghurt, then I won't be overly hungry that eve, and won't have had excess syns during the day. We'll see. I'll keep thinking about that stone marker.

Back