It's now or never

That's a result! STS after 3 weeks off!! Well done. Looks like you'll be able to maintain really well when you reach goal. Next week you should be well into the 11's! :)

Ah, the Sunday morning after the night before! :(

Well I was off plan yesterday, but not really choice. On a mercy mission for a mate which meant having a drink with her while she had a crisis!

But, not too bad and fully into diet mode today :)

Been very well behaved today!

And I put on my size 14 jeans and felt good - although they are a tad tight and gave me a bit of a muffin when sitting! :)

AND ***very excited*** I put on my dress - the one hanging on my wardrobe as an incentive. Well end of July it gaped over my back and would not zip up at all - 10 cms at least and no way the zip would close. BUT this weekend i put it on and it zipped shut!!

ZIPPED SHUT! :)

OK - a bit skin tight and I couldn't have gone out in it, but half a stone and I reckon it will be ready to wear! I have reminded OH he has to take me out to dinner once it fits! :) :)

***Feeling good***

:D:D:D:D:D Well done!!!!!

wow egbert, fabulous. It's so amazing to fit into a dress or pair of jeans that were out of the question, before. well done!

Oh dear - really struggling to get into this 100% :(

We had free pizza as a treat at work today and I couldnt resist - ate far too much:(

*Sigh*

As others have echoed elsewhere - I think that 100% perfection is pretty much impossible. Some days we manage it. Some weeks are great! But it's asking a lot of us to always, always be 100%. I tried for years, in every area of life, to be 'perfect'. Of course, I failed. It's just not possible!

The important thing is to get right back on plan after a slip, and go on as if nothing had happened. That way you will eventually win the prize. Just don't ever give up.

I am very relieved to hear this statement about not being 100% perfect! I've just given in to a tin of tuna and a chunk of cheese! X

You're so right! I tried to be perfect too and when I realised I couldn't be, I just gave up doing anything. I'm an all or nothing person. If I can't be the best, I might as well not do it! Same with the dieting. If I wasn't 100% one day, I'd give up. Even if all I had was an apple whilst doing CD, to me that would be the end. I've admired the way you handle your dieting from day 1. I remember several weeks ago when you went out and had some food and drink and said 'Ah well, gotta have a life' or something like that. That made me laugh but also made me realise that if I just accepted the blips as blips and not the end of the diet I would actually lose weight eventually.
Keep going Egbert! x

I am very relieved to hear this statement about not being 100% perfect! I've just given in to a tin of tuna and a chunk of cheese! X

Well good for you! You chose protein, not a massive cream cake! Or a Chinese takeaway. See! You are learning, you are adapting, and you realise that sometimes you just have to eat. Protein is not only very healthy but it will keep you in ketosis!

The desperate quest for a perfection we can never have is soul destroying and actually prevents us reaching our goals.

You're so right! I tried to be perfect too and when I realised I couldn't be, I just gave up doing anything. I'm an all or nothing person. If I can't be the best, I might as well not do it! Same with the dieting. If I wasn't 100% one day, I'd give up. Even if all I had was an apple whilst doing CD, to me that would be the end. I've admired the way you handle your dieting from day 1. I remember several weeks ago when you went out and had some food and drink and said 'Ah well, gotta have a life' or something like that. That made me laugh but also made me realise that if I just accepted the blips as blips and not the end of the diet I would actually lose weight eventually.
Keep going Egbert! x

Yes, it is persevering that makes the difference. Not the useless search for perfection. Once you realise you can't ever have it, and that a bit of off-plan food is not a crime against humanity (nor against the diet company, nor indeed against the world of dieters, in general!) you can relax and get on with your life and your weight loss journey.

I was so rigid in my diet thinking once that even a single 'naughty' crisp would have me thinking, ah, I've cheated! I am useless etc etc. And so often that would lead to a binge, and to more self-hatred... I laugh at that now! One crisp, one bikkie, is really no big deal!

Ah, I agree and have always said the odd blip is ok, of course, I have a life and am trying to diet. It's not the other way, that I have a diet as my life!

But, I also get into the habit of 'slipping' every day and then telling myself that the odd blip is ok, until I'm eating more than I am dieting. So, important for me anyway to keep updating here so I can keep track of when I am losing control!

Egbert, again I am having the EXACT same issue. Today is the first day I stayed on track entirely in a few days! I had one good day in the past week but that day was also surrounded by snacky days, so now I am going for two days in a row of being on track. :) Hubby had better not bring pizza home tomorrow, this has been a stressful week and I don't know if I can overcome that temptation...! :eek:

OK - Another weekend bites the dust - oh well, I am going to be on this diet properly - except for maybe next weekend when its OHs birthday - but then! I am owning this diet!

Love your attitude Egbert!!! Keep it up. I think I had an unfair advantage this week. I've lost weight but I haven't stuck to the diet. I've read it's something that can happen on the meds I'm on. Woohoo!! I think it will now level out and I'll have to actually make an effort to lose weight. Are you up for another Weight Off?! :)

Back