It's now or never

LOL Molly - I dont do much in the way of exercise right now - I really need to get back to the gym as I was enjoying that. Ill have the time once I am made redundant, but not the money!

Anyway - another good day today, been well behaved despite cooking up my sons birthday cake. The whole family is here now, ready for his big day tomorrow - 2 years old! Shame my OH has to go to work, but I guess we should be grateful he has a job right now.

Well, we have got lots of cars and Cars stuff for him, so he should be in heaven tomorrow - my son, not the OH. But we are not giving him his big pressie - his balance bike - until Sunday when OH can see his face!

Right - off to bed, I expect I will be woken up early tomorrow.

:eek: Sorry Egbert, I think sometimes I get your activities mixed up with another friend who I started following about the same time I started following you. :eek: I'm a goose!

WELL DONE on resisting that icky, icky birthday cake! ;) :D

Hiya Egbert. Have fun today. Wish your little one HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your MINIMINS friends!!!

Hmm, not sure if today was good or not. Fine until dinner, then I was heartlessly seduced by the giant squishy choc chip cookies. We will see in the morning if there was an impact!

Yay, well, the proof is in despite the pudding :)

4lbs down since Thursday because I am back on the sole source and sticking to it!

And, very exciting, it looks like we may have a wedding date. We were looking at November 2012, I was considering sept 2012. Now it looks like it might be March! Yep, brought it forward just a bit - 6 months eeeek

Just waiting for OH to agree, and then if we have a date, I need to get him on this diet with me! :)

Wow how exciting, nothing more fun than planning a wedding :) congrats on WL too x

Wow, no wonder you're so chuffed to bring the date forward :) good for you x

Wow! March? That's so exciting, only 6 months away!! Have fun with all the planning.

missfortissimo said:
My engagement was 6 months. It seemed to take forever, but I also didn't move in with him or have any "fun" until after we were married! Waiting is HARD! :eek: ;)

Same here lol! Waiting is so hard, I think we were together a whole 10 months before we got married! Not that I'd do that again though. I think I'd wait a little longer if I could do it again. But I was 30 and getting desperate Lolol!!!!

Oh, I am not quite so well behaved as you ladies. We have been together 12 years and have 2 kids. :)

Still, at least we know we work together hey - lol.

Oops, slight bad day at work meant I came. Home feeling xrap and nicked some of OH's chips. Well, let's see the damage tomorrow. :(

we'd been together a few years but only had a five month engagement. as a teacher, it makes most sense to have your wedding in the summer holidays otherwise a honeymoon will be very short. he proposed in march so it was either five months or 17 - and i didn't want to wait (i'd been waiting quite long enough!).

In the end i think it was brilliant for us - we had enough time to sort everything, but not so long that my obsessive tendancies had a chance to kick in. Given a year or more i know i would have become bridezilla, and spent an absolute mint on needless extras.

That's a very good point spangles. If I had longer I would fiddle and add in so many extras. The only thing I need to worry about is choosing a dress and training my 2 year old to walk down an aisle! Lol

Well, weight is the same as yesterday so no up and no down. I can live with that! :)

Right -
1. Phoned and confirmed venue
2. Phoned and booked registrar for the wedding
3. Made appointment to go complete the legalities with the registrar in December
4. Given my mate the job of finding out what flowers will be in season to match the colour scheme
5. Chose potential colour scheme
6. Made a lost of things to do
7. Sent off 2 job apps (ok - not wedding related but . . )
8. Told in-laws the date and fended off the negativity backlash!
9. Now off to check out potential honeymoons!

Coolio - feel like I am getting somewhere.

Oh - and I feel I can mark off Target 5 - fit into my size 14 slim fit jeans - since I have been wearing them all week! Yay.

Phew! Sounds like you had a busy day Egbert!

Congrats on booking the wedding & massive congrats on fitting into the slim jeans! Major achievement!

Ooops - had to make a cake for work (we are having a choc cake competition) and got a big enthusiastic at trying the icing :(

Well - we will see if I got anywhere tomorrow! Got another compliment today - it must be paying off. of course i am mainly still wearing my old clothes - t-shirts are getting a bit baggy.

Back