It's now or never

Well - today I have just taken a bite of my sons crumpet, dripping with blueberry conserve - but after getting the taste in my mouth I did then have a serious mental debate with myself about whether to spit it out :eek:

But - yesterday I was 100% good and so far today I have been good again. And I am feeling in the right frame of mind now - because my scales are playing up and adding 5 pounds on randomly - I think because I was weighing some goods for posting and confused them (electronic scales) but when I stood on them and saw 11.4 - I almost cried.

Luckily I reset them and was back at 10.13 but I do not want to see an 11 again. So - I am on it, I am in the mood, I am going to be 10 stone!

Off to get me some water!

egbert said:
Well - today I have just taken a bite of my sons crumpet, dripping with blueberry conserve - but after getting the taste in my mouth I did then have a serious mental debate with myself about whether to spit it out :eek:

But - yesterday I was 100% good and so far today I have been good again. And I am feeling in the right frame of mind now - because my scales are playing up and adding 5 pounds on randomly - I think because I was weighing some goods for posting and confused them (electronic scales) but when I stood on them and saw 11.4 - I almost cried.

Luckily I reset them and was back at 10.13 but I do not want to see an 11 again. So - I am on it, I am in the mood, I am going to be 10 stone!

Off to get me some water!

Well done, it was seeing 11 again that was my push lol

I know what you mean. I am determined today too - 10.12 this morning and I intend to be 10.11 tomorrow. Mr Tesco just delivered all the chocolates and biscuits for the kids lunch boxes and I have had to put them away fast!

When I started this diet my SIL was a bit unbothered, said she had tried it etc. Then after 2 stone and with everyone commenting on how I had done, she started to do Slimmin world - now I am not saying it as because of me, but she is the most competitive person I know.

Now she is almost at 3 stone down and looks great I am really proud of her. But she is starting to get all competitive with me, saying things like she has almost beaten my loss and then maybe Ill be spurred on to get back on with this properly. I know she cant help being competitive but it is really starting to p me off - I usually ignore her or have to point out that she is bound to lose more than me - she had more to start with. She is 3 stone down and now the same size as i was when I started. Bu I am trying not to say anything, I want her to keep going, she is doing so well. But arghhhh - shut up!

Anyway, refusing to be competitive! :mad:

Other than that - things are going well I guess. Work is coming in, I am enjoying working for myself - and should point out that it is all down to the same SIL who has trained me in her job, got me work and is mentoring me. I am feeling good back on the diet. I realised after so much that was said before our wedding, that my in-laws will always be obnoxious and I find many of their views repellant, I hate the way they put down their own kids, the things they say behind their backs, and about SILs partner. So - I no longer care about what they say.Best to ignore them.

Hmm - this diary update has turned into a bit of a rant - but never mind. :)

egbert said:
I know what you mean. I am determined today too - 10.12 this morning and I intend to be 10.11 tomorrow. Mr Tesco just delivered all the chocolates and biscuits for the kids lunch boxes and I have had to put them away fast!

When I started this diet my SIL was a bit unbothered, said she had tried it etc. Then after 2 stone and with everyone commenting on how I had done, she started to do Slimmin world - now I am not saying it as because of me, but she is the most competitive person I know.

Now she is almost at 3 stone down and looks great I am really proud of her. But she is starting to get all competitive with me, saying things like she has almost beaten my loss and then maybe Ill be spurred on to get back on with this properly. I know she cant help being competitive but it is really starting to p me off - I usually ignore her or have to point out that she is bound to lose more than me - she had more to start with. She is 3 stone down and now the same size as i was when I started. Bu I am trying not to say anything, I want her to keep going, she is doing so well. But arghhhh - shut up!

Anyway, refusing to be competitive! :mad:

Other than that - things are going well I guess. Work is coming in, I am enjoying working for myself - and should point out that it is all down to the same SIL who has trained me in her job, got me work and is mentoring me. I am feeling good back on the diet. I realised after so much that was said before our wedding, that my in-laws will always be obnoxious and I find many of their views repellant, I hate the way they put down their own kids, the things they say behind their backs, and about SILs partner. So - I no longer care about what they say.Best to ignore them.

Hmm - this diary update has turned into a bit of a rant - but never mind. :)

Rant away it's your diary

It's your hubby you picked to spend your life with all in laws are a struggle unfortunately you just have to put up with them and ignore it.
My BIL's fiancée has just cheated on him and they split up my mil called her every name under the sun and now as I expected they would are giving it another go. We have been told by her to ignore her and not to talk to her at any function ect ect my response was "I will talk to who I liked and if they want to give it another go then us ignoring her and reminding them about it over and over again will not help"
You can't pick your in laws mores the pity

Glad your doing well x

Why is it always in laws that are such a pain? I dont think my mum is so bad to my hubby? I thought it was the mans MIL who is meant to be most irritating, but I think the women have it worst because the MIL just doesnt want another woman to be more important to her precious son. Of course, in our case my MIL just doesnt want her kids to listen to any one elses opinion except hers.

Totally agree with you on that one! Partner gets on brilliantly with all my family and his are just a nightmare!
Especially the mother lol. Thankfully he generally takes my side over her opinion cos he knows what she's like, not sure I could stand it the other way round!

Well it has all gone horribly wrong again. I went to meet a friend for lunch on saturday - its the first child free, girly time I have had in ages and to be honest it did me the power of good, today for the first time in weeks I don't fee stressed, fed up, grumpy with OH and the kids. . . BUT we did end up having lunch, 3 bottles of wine between us, then back to mine for another 2 or so. Which of course means today I have had major munchies although I think I have kept it to a minimum. Dreading getting on the scales though- its not going to be pretty and of course Ill just be right back at the beginning yet again. My restart is on boomerang.

However, I think my sanity and my relationship needed the break more, so not kicking myself too hard. No more though, its on wards and downwards from here on!

egbert said:
Well it has all gone horribly wrong again. I went to meet a friend for lunch on saturday - its the first child free, girly time I have had in ages and to be honest it did me the power of good, today for the first time in weeks I don't fee stressed, fed up, grumpy with OH and the kids. . . BUT we did end up having lunch, 3 bottles of wine between us, then back to mine for another 2 or so. Which of course means today I have had major munchies although I think I have kept it to a minimum. Dreading getting on the scales though- its not going to be pretty and of course Ill just be right back at the beginning yet again. My restart is on boomerang.

However, I think my sanity and my relationship needed the break more, so not kicking myself too hard. No more though, its on wards and downwards from here on!

Tomorrow is a new day Hun and I had a big fat Sunday lunch oops

It happens! No point beating yourself up about something you can't change, just get straight back on to minimise any damage

OMG -- I thought I was the only one who could kill a half of dozen bottles of wine with a friend!!!

WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER...

OMG -- I thought I was the only one who could kill a half of dozen bottles of wine with a friend!!!

WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER...

Oh no - me and T can quite easily do an easy half dozen - we are quite practised - she is a tiny size 8 too.

Been good today, behaved all day and going to stick all week! :) Had my blow out, feel happy (and still slightly mashed) and ready to kick this diet in the arse!

Thats the spirit hun :)

Well - today I am feeling positive and knocking back the water!

The sun is out, and that makes me want to get fit but I hate exercise and never know which one to do. I keep thinking I might try jogging . . . its just getting started, Oh - and finding child free time, as its hard to jog while towing a 2 year old.

A walks a start :)
Take your lil one to the park or walk around a farm or museum, can be surprisingly tiring! The advantage being they'll get as tired as you!

:eek:

I do a dog walk 5 days a week - 2 miles - which is a start I guess. More than I used to, being a desk jobber.

The sun has gone in now, rain is pouring down, I am definitely a fair weather exerciser.

Cant say I blame you, can't think of nothing worse than going outside now lol

egbert said:
:eek:

I do a dog walk 5 days a week - 2 miles - which is a start I guess. More than I used to, being a desk jobber.

The sun has gone in now, rain is pouring down, I am definitely a fair weather exerciser.

My problem, too.

Well - end of day 4 (restart number 55ish) and I am already feeling better in myself, so I think I might be in ketosis. For some reason, once into the diet for a few days, and I assume it has something to do with the lack of bloated 'full' feeling, I just feel more alert, healthy, happier in myself. Or, just that my insides are not sludged out with crap - like having a detox. Well - that doesn't explain it very well, but generally my system just feels cleaner.

Now if only I could stop the smoking that I have restarted again :( then I would feel brilliant. I am tempted to go see the GP again for the anti smoking pills, but really, I need hubby to stop too.

Back