It's now or never

I am so tired this morning that could be why I feel a bit despondent. No weight change since yesterday, and I was good all day. I really want to see it coming off quick to sur me on.

Weigh in - only 1 pound off, so feeling pretty crap today. :(

Well - bit of a shake, and set my sights on a good week ahead I guess.

It's cold and raining, the weather is pants and it's not looking any better for the rest of the month. I am wondering now whether I have the will and enthusiasm to carry on with CD or whether its time to start looking at Slimming world, earlier than I had planned. I was doing CD because it fitted in well with my working life, but now I am self employed and at home, maybe its time to change. . .

I don't know, I just feel fed up with such a crap loss.

egbert said:
Weigh in - only 1 pound off, so feeling pretty crap today. :(

Well - bit of a shake, and set my sights on a good week ahead I guess.

It's cold and raining, the weather is pants and it's not looking any better for the rest of the month. I am wondering now whether I have the will and enthusiasm to carry on with CD or whether its time to start looking at Slimming world, earlier than I had planned. I was doing CD because it fitted in well with my working life, but now I am self employed and at home, maybe its time to change. . .

I don't know, I just feel fed up with such a crap loss.

It's still a pound nearer to goal hun. U gotta do whichever diet is best for you. X

I am sticking to the plan today - we go camping in 2 weeks, so I am going to stick for the next 2 weeks, and if I can't do it,then I am looking at changing. This is partly because I am bored, partly because I want to get back to cooking meals that we all sit down as a family to eat together, and partly because my hubby just cannot stick to CD and if I start cooking Sliming World he may finally find something we can do together.

In fact, it pretty much sounds like I have made up my mind, doesn't it.

But - Ill give it these last 2 weeks to use up my supplies and give it a boost!

A pound is a pound. And remember that your body does not know it is weigh day, so you could show a bigger loss in a day or so.

Well - I am trying, I got through the weekend and am almost past tuesday, but I did have a sausage :(

So - we are debating getting a dog. OH wants something that will protect us, I want something cute and cuddly and non scary. We need it to be playful, child friendly, preferably not too much maintenance and trainable.

OH has a short list of doberman or Staffordshire pit bull
I have beagle or bernese mountain dog.

Any suggestions?

PUG!!!!!
I love em lol or a Samoyed, the puppies are the cutiest little fluff balls!
Labrador is a great all round dog though, good size, friendly easily trained etc and they are so cute in white.

Hope diets going well, a sausage wont kick you out of keto its just a few extra cals not the worse thing in the world x

We have 2 jack Russell's they are the easiest dog to train and make loads of noise if someone comes near the house until me or hubby go to see and even then give random barks to try back you up lol but would never hurt anyone and my girls rag them around. We have a tall/ long leg girl and a short leg dog both under 2 years old and oh was against dogs until these. We had a lab years ago and he ate his way through every panel of our garden fence.

image-1431109957.jpg

My babies lol (think I need to get a bigger bed) the male is still a pup and was farm/ working stock so was docked and clawed so HHS the bossy one. She was a family raised so soft as and very protective of the house and us.

Have a look for Internet sites that you can answer questions about your situation and I gives you a suitability percentage of different breeds. I would love a beagle but when I did the checks they came up as hard to train, they needed to learn fast with oh reluctance.

Hi Eggie!

So - we are debating getting a dog. OH wants something that will protect us, I want something cute and cuddly and non scary.

Sounds like a good diea with young children. Plus, dogs make good alarms -- but any dog big enough to be a threat to an intruder would be a danger to your children.

We need it to be playful, child friendly, preferably not too much maintenance and trainable.

Labradoodle!!! Labradors and ideal family pets -- but shed like crazy. Poodles are the smartest dogs (according to research not my opinion) and the combo -- esp. with the poodle-esqe hair makes for a non-shedding pet. I have a Yorkie (a big one -- 12 pounds -- pet quality not show) -- and she very smart and does not shed either. However, her hair gets very tangled as it is like human hair. I keep her clipped short because I am not a fussy person. She has been a fab pet -- and she WILL bark when someone approaches the house. And, that is all we need.

OH has a short list of doberman or Staffordshire pit bull NEVER
I have beagle or bernese mountain dog. Shed like crazy

Any suggestions?

PUG!!!!!
I love em lol or a Samoyed, Shed like crazy the puppies are the cutiest little fluff balls!
Labrador is a great all round dog though, good size, friendly easily trained etc and they are so cute in white. Very good dogs, but shed and are prone to hip dysplasia

Hope diets going well, a sausage wont kick you out of keto its just a few extra cals not the worse thing in the world x

True that!

We have 2 jack Russell's TOO NIPPY -- they will bite small children as they seem to have a short fuse they are the easiest dog to train they are clever and make loads of noise very noisy if someone comes near the house until me or hubby go to see and even then give random barks to try back you up lol but would never hurt anyone and my girls rag them around. We have a tall/ long leg girl and a short leg dog both under 2 years old and oh was against dogs until these. We had a lab years ago and he ate his way through every panel of our garden fence.

View attachment 50296

My babies lol (think I need to get a bigger bed) the male is still a pup and was farm/ working stock so was docked and clawed so HHS the bossy one. She was a family raised so soft as and very protective of the house and us.

Have a look for Internet sites that you can answer questions about your situation and I gives you a suitability percentage of different breeds. I would love a beagle but when I did the checks they came up as hard to train, they needed to learn fast with oh reluctance.

Good suggestion.

Thanks all

I have done various online tests to see what is best, and in the larger dog section labrador does keep coming up, but I kind of see them as a bit of an old mans dog (sorry everyone :) ) and want something more fun and playful.

My SIL has cocker spaniels which are great with the kids, but OH sees them as too small and toyish, and they do get underfoot a lot.

Staff bull terriers do come up in all the tests as the best dog, called nanny dogs by the kennel club, but they are not cute and cuddly :(

What a difficult decision this one is!

egbert said:
Thanks all

I have done various online tests to see what is best, and in the larger dog section labrador does keep coming up, but I kind of see them as a bit of an old mans dog (sorry everyone :) ) and want something more fun and playful.

My SIL has cocker spaniels which are great with the kids, but OH sees them as too small and toyish, and they do get underfoot a lot.

Staff bull terriers do come up in all the tests as the best dog, called nanny dogs by the kennel club, but they are not cute and cuddly :(

What a difficult decision this one is!

What about springer spaniels we had a welsh one as kids and she was fab loads of energy and not small the English springers are bigger?

Springer spaniels are VERY energetic, they'd be way too much to handle for me tbh.
Jack russel seems like a good bet, my nan had one when I was growing up called rusty he was the sweetest thing!
Maybe a border collie? They're quite good to train, very clever, medium sized and cute!

I have no idea how easy these are to train but they are so damn cuuuuute!
Chow Chows :)

red_chow_chow_puppies_067.320104541.jpg

LOL - so many dogs to choose from. It seems to be a very personal choice. I keep coming back to beagles anyway, so I think that as and when I can get OH to back away from the doberman, thats what it will be. he just needs to be brought round to thinking its his choice :)

Well - I have made a decision today - spur of the moment as many of mine tend to be. Thats how i start on CD, and thats how I am leaving it. I have decided today that its the right time to move to Slimming World - I still have the same stone I have been trying to shift since January, I am bored of CD, its sunny and I want to BBQ, in fact I am going to one on saturday, then camping next week, so I know I will be off CD then . . . anyway, today I went to the supermarket and bought real food and a SW magazine.

So - I guess I will have to go over there to start a new diary . . . in the next day or so anyway. Hopefully Ill see you all over there visiting - and ill pop back here anyway :)

PM me your address - I have a set of the Slimming World joining books if you want them.

They is a very Beck move - you don't quit working towards your goal - if what you are doing is no longer working then you try something else. Good luck.

PM me your address - I have a set of the Slimming World joining books if you want them.

They is a very Beck move - you don't quit working towards your goal - if what you are doing is no longer working then you try something else. Good luck.

Thanks Mel, but I guess Ill get them when I join anyway and I want to go to the groups to try it out so I have to sign up :)

So far I cannot believe how much you can eat but still lose weight - if I do lose anyway!

Thanks Mel, but I guess Ill get them when I join anyway and I want to go to the groups to try it out so I have to sign up :)

So far I cannot believe how much you can eat but still lose weight - if I do lose anyway!

It didn't work for me -- I have to measure and count. I tried it by the book and actually gained. I guess if you are very big or very active it will work.

Back