It's now or never

I had to log back on to see how my diet buddies day went.

Congratulations Mrs! It sounded beautiful. I hope the rest of your married years emulate your day. Keep your resignation, enjoy your wonderful marriage with husband and children, both step and blood. Lean back, close your eyes and relax.

Distant cyber love,

Hana (the failed dieter) xxx

OK ladies

I am back - got back from Sri Lanka last night, drove back from Heathrow to Birmingham, managed a whole 23 hours of travelling with no sleep, got in bed and managed 2 hours before my body was back up - so I am shattered today!

Anyway - I have put about 7 lbs on over the last 2 weeks - which I don't think is too bad for 2 weeks of weddings, honeymoons, wine and celebrating. I don't know the exact figure yet because I am waiting for a full nights sleep before I weigh in properly. But - hopefully weigh in tomorrow and then starting the new married life - new job, getting my head down with the coursework, clearing out the last stone (and a half maybe) . . .

Feeling very tired but very ready today! :)

Anyway - I said I would put some pics on, so here, 2 from the wedding - and I felt fabulous after losing 3.5 stone for it - and one from Sri Lanka - thats me and my friend Raini.

egbert said:
OK ladies

I am back - got back from Sri Lanka last night, drove back from Heathrow to Birmingham, managed a whole 23 hours of travelling with no sleep, got in bed and managed 2 hours before my body was back up - so I am shattered today!

Anyway - I have put about 7 lbs on over the last 2 weeks - which I don't think is too bad for 2 weeks of weddings, honeymoons, wine and celebrating. I don't know the exact figure yet because I am waiting for a full nights sleep before I weigh in properly. But - hopefully weigh in tomorrow and then starting the new married life - new job, getting my head down with the coursework, clearing out the last stone (and a half maybe) . . .

Feeling very tired but very ready today! :)

Anyway - I said I would put some pics on, so here, 2 from the wedding - and I felt fabulous after losing 3.5 stone for it - and one from Sri Lanka - thats me and my friend Raini.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x105/windy-world/?action=view&current=1a.jpg
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x105/windy-world/?action=view&current=22.jpg
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x105/windy-world/?action=view&current=IMG_5566.jpg

You look amazing and have done fantastic well done

Well - had my weigh in this morning and I am 11.1 - so thats 8 lbs on over the last 2 weeks.

Wont take long to shift that - A bit of determination will be fine. Of course - today I have my 1st day in the new job and am being taken for lunch - so I will have to start properly tomorrow. But, no reason why I can't begin with some restraint and a lot of water!

Feeling quite positive all in all. Going to bed at 9pm will have helped, although still feeling quite jet lagged!

Welcome back, beautiful. Lovely photos.

You look amazing :))

Thank you all. We did have a fab day.

Now I am back i am hearing the reports of everyone who was there and everyone seemed to have a great time - apart from one friend who managed to irritate everyone there by being overbearing and bossy. Which didn't surprise me one bit.

Right - today is wagon day. So - I have some shakes and soups left for now, and I will be calling my CDC to go get some more in a bit.

Eggie,

You looked amazing... but where were the shoe photos? ;)

Best Wishes -- and good luck with the job. Post on how it is going and the "back on track re: CD" business.

Mel

Well - what can I say. Count this weekend out already and Ill start properly on Monday.

Goodness it is hard to get back into it. Harder than starting out originally.

egbert said:
Well - what can I say. Count this weekend out already and Ill start properly on Monday.

Goodness it is hard to get back into it. Harder than starting out originally.

Me to hun, both of us Monday is the day (another picnic and park for my girlies tomorrow BUT I'm staying away from the hard stuff, cake, crisps sausages ect feeling good but bad for not being CD) x

Well I tried to contact my CDC on Saturday to stock up but got no reply, and then OH pointed out Easter is coming up and he wants to relax then. I want to get this stone off before summer kicks off.

So - my plan is to try to go for a whole week starting today managing my own intake, with cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and soup for dinner. I want to see that I can control myself and that I can lose weight this way.

If this doesn't work, then I will go back to CD solidly to get the last stone off. But I then need to work out how to maintain, so may look at slimming world just for monitoring/maintaining purposes. This is because other family members are doing it and the recipes sounds great - and basically my biggest problem is that I never know what to cook.

So -a week of self control coming up. Now can I do it. This is where I have always failed before and why I went to CD, because there was no food or thought involved at all. But now I have lost the weight and don't want to put it back on, I hope this will give me the extra will power I need.

Before cd I was doing Atkins, which is also a ketogenic diet. Whilst I was very sceptical to begin with, eating higher fat & more protein made me both lose weight & not feel hungry. Even if you didn't want to go on that, I would definitely recommend lower carb & higher protein. Make sure you have protein in your salad & soup & that way you won't have to battle the hunger demon. Hope you don't mind me butting in!

All advice is good advice Annie - always welcome! :)

Have a bowl of salad made up in the fridge along with cooked chicken for a super fast meal when your rushing and end up hungry (I always end up starving and grabbing something I shouldn't)

Hi Eggie,

How is it going? Did you do ok with food management? I am not doing great and am leaning towards doing something more restrictive. But I also know I need to work on my fitness.

Where are the wedding shoe pictures? ;)

MinnieMel said:
Hi Eggie,

How is it going? Did you do ok with food management? I am not doing great and am leaning towards doing something more restrictive. But I also know I need to work on my fitness.

Where are the wedding shoe pictures? ;)

Where is Egbert?????? Hellllooooooo Egbert where are you

shoes.jpg

HI

Sorry I have been gone a while. I have been totally distracted this week, trying to function with work, Easter holidays and 2 kids about, a cold etc. So - the weekend was a bust food wise and I decided to start concentrating on Monday. Then the in laws reminded me they hadn't taken me out for my birthday meal yet - which I have been putting off since my bday in August - so I decided to get that over and done with before they were totally insulted, since I had said after the diet and wedding I would do it. So - decided to start on Tuesday.

Tuesday I had a much better day - Slim fast breaky, salad lunch and soup dinner.
Today I had my slim fast breaky, then went to get a tattoo done Ive been planning on for ages, almost passed out through lack of sugar so had to quickly munch a mars and packet of crisps, and ended up having half a cheese sandwich on top. So now - I am planning on soup for dinner.

So - weigh in this morning was 10.13 and I really hope I get somewhere this week before Easter!

Plus I am now worrying at how easily distracted I am from work, when being self employed means I should be working more. I know there have been a lot of distractions this month but I can't keep making excuses and need to get my head down.

Im a bit irritated with myself in general at the moment, because I am just not getting on with things. My coursework is very far behind, which is not a problem because its a home learn course and I don't have a deadline, but I want to finish it, not drop it halfway. So -

I need kicking ladies!

Anyway - how are you all?

Back