It's now or never....

WelshCake78

Hello,
I have decided to start a diary to keep myself on track. I have a habit of doing really well for a week or two then falling off the wagon.
Not this time though (I hope!), this time I have another motive. I am slimming for IVF treatment. I know that this should be motivation enough but I have struggled to lose weight for the 11 years that I have been TTC. I seem to get uncontrollable cravings for food, which mean I binge,then feel guilty and depressed and then I eat more because I feel guilty and depressed :ashamed0005:!! Its a cycle my partner doesn't understand. He's 38 and has always had a 28-30" waist no matter what he eats!
I am 34 now so this really is my last chance. I hope to reach my goal of a BMi of 29 by the end of June, so that I can begin treatment.
Wish me luck!! x

hey welshcake :eek: congratulations on starting ur weightloss journey!!! I am also back on it after 5yrs of messing about losing a few pounds gaining double!!!! have fully got my head into it now I think :confused: so we'll see at tuesdays weigh in
what have you been eating ? I have started writing everything down this week that has really helped me keep me updated to how your doing n vice versa
x

I have been doing SW for the past 3 weeks and have manage to lose 9lb 2oz and truly have not felt as if I was on a diet. I have also started a low impace aerobics class and two Pilates classes a week and that must have helped. The motivation for all this at the age of 66 is crippling back and hip pain which has reduced dramatically, mainly due to the Pilates. I live in Spain and am monitored by someone who runs a slimming group and does the fitness clubs. I will follow you progress with interest and good luck with the IVF.

I've also been writing everything down and find it really helps to keep me focused. I have been trying to stick to fresh fruit and vegetables and steering clear of the convienience foods I got used too. I'm not much of a cook so its pretty basic! Here's what I had today: Extra Easy
Breakfast - 30g fruit and fibre with semi skimmed milk (healthy extras)
Snack - Banana, mullerlight yoghurt
Lunch - Pasta, tuna, sweetcorn, Lighter than light mayonnaise (1 syn), Apple
Snack - Caxton Pink n White (2.5 syns)
Dinner - Beef Casserole (lean beef, onions, mushrooms, carrots, oxo cube) Mash (3.5 syns) 2 x celebrations (4 syns)
and lots of water!
xx

This week I have been fighting a heavy cold, so the last 2 days have been spent off plan. Back on it today, just hope I havent caused too much damage. I guess the scales will let me know!!
x

Not a good week, only lost 0.5lb. Must try harder!!!
x

Not a good week, only lost 0.5lb. Must try harder!!!
x

Oh Dear!! Such a shame but no need to get overly down about it.. we all do that from time to time. I'm quite sure next week will be much better and you have such a wonderful prospect to aim for.
I do hope things go better for you this next week and I will come back to see how you are getting on.

Onwards and Downwards!!

Thank You! I am going to put it behind me and have started fresh today. Can't believe I did so badly only 2 weeks in. Never mind, the sooner I shift it, the sooner I can start treatment so no use complaining!! :fingerscrossed:

Hi there,
:wavey:
Most of that looks ok, but you could have a lot more if you wanted.

If you've got a magazine, there is a 7 day menu planner, that will give you a lot of help.
Try and fill up on the free and superfree, they should be the bulk of what you're eating.
I keep a lot of free or superfree snacks handy, so I never feel hungry, and I am constantly grazing, or having a drink of something in between snacks. Or using my a and b choices at different times of the day alpen lights are my favorites instead of biscuits. Rolled up ham, or pieces of cold chicken, carrot sticks, cherry toms, cucumber, celery sticks, chopped apple and pear and grapes.

I have not been disciplined at all for that last 3 weeks.... but have received good news that I can start IVF in 6 weeks, so need to shift a few pounds before then!
I have cleared out the fridge and cupboards of "bad" food and have dusted off my exercise bike. I would really love to lose a stone in the next 6 weeks..... we'll see.
xx

Back