'It's Time...' *in booming theatrical voice*

So I'm acutely aware that my weight is absolutely connected to everything else in my life. I'm in a chaotic job that I've learned to hate, I have 2 hyper kids who's favourite game is to ask for stuff the minute my arse hits the couch and a husband who would eat ME if I didn't move around regularly. As a result almost everything I eat is pre-packed and bought on the move and takeaways are a staple just to make it through the week.

BUT...I'm about to be made redundant and although that sounds really bad it's actually offered me a huge surge of motivation. I've worked there for a long time and as I mentioned before, leaving isn't the saddest thing I can think of so this turn of events has resulted in a strange alien feeling of liberation. I'm not feeling the need to skip lunch or check emails at the dinner table anymore...I'm eager to take the time!!

I can do anything I want and right now I want to not feel my waist band cutting me in half every time I pick up an abandoned lego brick!

2 days in and 3lbs down...I know weighing in wasn't ideal after 2 days but I wanted chocolate before my eyes opened this morning and I needed some motivation. Thank god the scales co-operated!

Watch this space, I'll be needing someone to tell me how many syns there are in a bottle of maple syrup when the consultation meetings kick in!

Good luck, you got this! :)

I went through redundancy a few years ago. Stressful but very freeing too! :)

Still just about hanging in there. Kicked the arse out of my syns drinking wine like it was the elixir of life after 2 days of utter chaos at work. But it's Friday night and I left work fixed on a takeaway, got in and had a moment of clarity and made a cod and prawn curry instead. Feeling pretty proud so I've declared im having a lie in tomorrow...the husband is ecstatic at the prospect of the morning shitey nappy he usually avoids by pretending he needs his very own poo...

Not the worst end this week could have come to. 4 days in!!

Back