Its time to get smaller

So its Monday again.. what a weekend!

I had signed up months ago, before I got pregnant to do a local mini marathon, there were 2 options, a 10km or 5km. I promised a friend I would run the 10km... well that didn't happen! But I forced myself to do the 5km. I am only just back at the gym, but managed to run the lot in 36 mins! Chuffed with myself... until today and I can barely walk im so sore from it! But I am so proud of myself. I did it by myself too which was brilliant!

But I am looking at the scales every day and I have only lost 1lb since last thurs, my official weigh in is not till thurs and I thought that I would have lost a lot more on my first week back but no. Not panicking yet because I do feel it in my clothes so I know I am losing inches... I have started doing squats and weights so Im guessing that is the problem!

Wasn't the strictest over the weekend with my eating, have a birthday party this evening too so there will be cake... going to weigh my slice and factor in the cals.

Food today:
No gym this morning
Breakfast: Overnight oats with chopped nuts and fruit
Snack: Orange
Lunch: Homemade soup and a banana
snack: apple
Dinner: Pasta bake with veggies and lentils and a sprinkling of cheese
Later: Some chocolate birthday cake!

Thanks @ladyfelsham and @littlemissnaughty

So that 1lb loss has since become a 2lb gain! Mr D birthday was this week so there has been a lot of cake. and I cant stop, once its in the house I have to eat it! Orla_D must eat food!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I went to the pool last night, was up in time to go to the gym this morning but my little man was awake early and didn't want me to go so I stayed where I was.. bringing him to the pool later, mr D is coming too so I will run up to the gym for a run first on the threadmill, hopefully I will get 30 minutes there and then I will join them in the pool.

Yesterdays food were shocking, dinners were great, food outside of that was shocking so I am not going to even post it!

Food today:
Breakfast: Overnight oats with berries, coffee
lunch:homemade soup, banana
snack: apple and an orange
dinner: lentil shepherds pie made with sweet potato topping

Cake was my downfall last week too hun - it happens. As Little Miss says, just get back in focus - and drinks lots of water and green tea xx

So this morning is weigh in day and I have gained 1lb since last week... ffs, I am not surprised.. there has been so much cake in my life this week.. and chocolate cake at that, really I should of weighed the slice (or slices if I am really honest!) and worked out the cals and recorded it... but I didn't.. No point running in the gym if you are going to be silly and eat cake till it comes out of your ears! But now there is no more cake in my house, that's it, I am done! back on track!! As @littlemissnaughty so beautifully suggested, ive drawn a big fat line under it :)

Went to the gym after work yesterday, I finished at 4 so I thought I would get in before it got too busy when people were finished work, I was wrong, it was so busy I couldn't get a treadmill, and had to settle for 30 minute bike... my bottom was so sore last night! went back to the rowing machine for a bit too and didn't find it too bad this time. Went again this morning and did 20 minute run and a 20 bike and some weights, felt that it was a really good workout this morning, I pushed myself a little bit and I might pay for it tonight but I am happy with that.. plan is a 1.5km swim in the morning and then I am going to do the 5km parkrun on sat morning. So busy few days of exercise ahead, but am really excited for it, I want to get back to the shape I was in before I got pregnant. Going to focus more on my measurements and body shape this time around and only weigh myself once a week!

One thing I have noticed (and my husband too) is that my mood is a lot better when I am exercising. so I have to keep reminding myself to go to the gym when I am having a really bad day and it will help.

Food is going to be good today.

pregym: Just coffee this morning, usually eat the banana in the car on the way but I forgot it this morning.
Breakfast: overnight oats with 10g chopped nuts and some berries
Snack: apple
lunch: Homemade veg soup
snack: banana
dinner: Shepherd's pie made with lentils, carrots, peas, mushrooms, onions, potatoes. One portion is around 300cals and its very filling!

Morning all,

busy busy weekend so didn't get a chance to get on here... will be doing the rounds catching up with everyone at some stage today, work is busy too!

So I had a fairly good weekend both food and exercise wise. Managed a swim on Friday morning and Saturday morning I did a 5km run, ran it all in 36 minutes. Not the fastest but not my worst time either. But I was so sore after it. I was late arriving so I didn't have time to warm up or stretch so I was cold when I started it. The backs of my legs are still killing me, 2 days later! Managed a small walk yesterday but we had the little man with us so wasn't the fastest. Had planned on a good gym session this morning but I settled for a swim instead. Managed 100 lengths but I found it very tough mentally this morning. I couldn't wait to be finished. so tomorrow morning is the gym session instead. Hopefully my legs will be a bit better so I can run but if not I will concentrate on the bike instead. Have been doing stretches

Food was pretty good, I am not strictly counting calories at the moment but I have a fair idea of what calories I consume in the day, usually about 1400-1500. My neighbour dropped in a massive tub of fresh blackberries yesterday that he picked so I am making the most of them this week. They are beautiful!

Not official weigh day but had a sneaky look at the scales and I am down a lot this week. TOTM arrived too last Friday so that explains a bit of my weight gain too. Looking forward to thurs because I have been so good all weekend and if I keep it up until then I should have a good loss. I would love to be down under 18 stone by thurs next week. Its doable but will have to be strict.

Todays food is:

Pre swim- banana and coffee
Breakfast- Overnight oats with low fat yogurt, blackberries, stewed apple and pears (just 1 tablespoon, stewed with honey) and a tablespoon of chopped nuts
Lunch- Tomato and lentil soup
Snack- orange
Dinner- pasta bake with lentils, vegetables and cheese, with some steamed broccoli on the side.

Back