It's time

0.5lb on. Not bad.

I could really do with seeing some losses this next 4 weeks. I've joined Sheila and Daz's challenge. Was a bit sad to say that in the whole month of January I gained half a pound. But it could have been worse. (It also could have been better.)

Hey ho. Back to basics as of tomorrow. Got meals out Friday, Saturday and Sunday so going to start checking out menu's, and going to have as few syns as possible tomorrow. Need to make a couple of soups. Still waiting for some BNS recipes... (Ally and Laura!! Hint hint!!)
And just want to be wise with my eating really, keep my fluids up, make the most of my HeA and HeB (sometimes weetabix and milk seems a bit of a waste! lol)

There's a girl at group who has lost 8.5lbs in 3 weeks. I'm at 7.5lbs in 15.
I know we're all different ya di ya di ya. But I've got to do something.
Thing is, I know that when I TRY THE HARDEST AND BE THE BESTEST I COULD POSSIBLY BE the most I can lose in a week is 2.5lbs (I did it once in my first week and again one more time, but had gained 0.5lb the week before).

I think February is a nice, short month. It's Fripay this week (THANK GOD) and it will be another Fripay exactly 4 weeks later. So- no money issues (I hope), no dreaded birthdays and no negativity! Also- there are 2 different positions I likes the looks of on the job opportunities website at work, so I Must get cracking with those.

Here's to a wonderful February xxx

Ooh- could anyone scan in a food diary for me? I forgot to ask my consultant and would really like to try and keep one this week. I don't like the A4 one's you can find online...lol xxx

This is easier said than done but don't compare yourself to other people. When i used to go to group (now online) I would have a perfect week and loose half of the amount of someone who had openly cheated all week.. it just gets you down.

The reality is you are very close to goal and you may not have got their in Jan but you did a really good job of not falling off the wagon. Jan is always a nightmare as the new year seems to make everyone want to meet up and this makes healthy eating tough.

Just read through your diary and can relate so much Kimberley!! I find I'm so motivated but as soon as the OH has something naughty I want some and by some I mean loads!! But like you I never feel guilty either!! What's great is that each time you draw a line. And start again which shows how good your motivation is!!! Xxx

FRIPAY!!! and meh-ness

you know when you look in the mirror and proper scrutinise (scrutinize?) yourself and you zoom in on the fat and look at yourself with disgust and despair

yea- well that't what I've treated myself to this morning. Nice

Thing is- you would never EVER look at another human being in that way (unless they had stomped on your foot or something and you really bloody loathed them).

I feel fat and I despair

On the plus. Its FRIPAY at long last!!!
Have a cheery day people- sorry for my mehhhh but if I can get it off my chest at 8:34am then here's hoping to a chirpy day xxx

just re-read that and noticed I sound really blasé. Its hard to tell tone on here. Its also difficult because when you have a constant struggle with your thoughts you sort of list them in fors and againsts to hope they counteract each other. Looking at it on paper (screen) it seems that I'm really dis-genuine. Its so weird. Because I was proper proper hating on myself which is why I logged on in the first place. But then I'm so concious of conquering the negativity that I sort of undermine my own feelings.
I don't know. Bit deep

The thing u will find on here is that, while u may think u sound blase and disingenuous, most people here go through the same thing day in and day out and can relate entirely. It doesn't matter how u put it across, if underneath it is something u are really struggling with, people on here will see that and do what they can to reassure u.

I can sit here and tell u all u want how well u have done, but if it's not enough for u, u will always feel down about it.

I do it myself, I know I've lost weight because I need new clothes and people comment but I don't see a difference, I still see a belly that hangs over when I sit down. As long as we are tackling it in a healthy way that's all that matters. Not sure I'll ever be 100% confident, but I'm trying to help myself and so are u...

Long winded way of saying, whatever u write on hear, people get it!

Anyway, happy Fripay, don't spend it all at once!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for your kind words Laura.
Been a bit on plan and a bit off plan at the weekend but defo trying to get back on 100% to hope for a loss this week!

I've been trying to avoid the mirror and focus on other people and important shizz. I've also decided not to drink this month, so we shall see where that takes me.

Fingers crossed for the no drinking! I couldn't do it myself.

Hope you manage to get bk on plan x

Monday 3rd Feb- thoughts, food etc

Hello everyone!

Thanks for popping by to check in and so on.

Friday night was my FINAL Birthday celebration (a whole 10 days after!) Dinner, cocktails and chips on the way home :-S
Saturday evening I did a MAHOOSIVE food shop. It cost me £45 though- which is an awful lot of money for one person. There were lots of tins and stuff so hopefully it will be longer than a weeks worth! Thing is with the fresh stuff it just has to be used doesn't it!
IMG_20140201_164450.jpg

Saturday night I had another meal. I checked out the menu before I went and was supposed to have the superfood salad. What I actually had was the bruschetta to start (no cheese, but LOADS of oil and obvs white crusty bread) followed by the courgette rigatoni- again LOADS of oil- there were slices of deep fried courgette on top! And pinenuts! And I nearly nearlyyyy had a pudding!! Yikes.
20140201_204726.jpg 20140201_211350.jpg

Then yesterday was my 3rd meal out which was a roast at my aunts' mums'. She made me salmon which was DELISH but there was this beautiful white wine and taragon sauce with it. And then dauphinoise potatoes. YUMMERS. I was cut a slice of chocolate fudge cake, but my mum said something (totally unrealted btw) which really really pissed me off, and put me right off my pudding. Blessing in disguise me thinks!!!
20140202_173417.jpg 20140202_182333.jpg

Anyway. I'm dreading a gain on Wednesday. I suppose its sort of to be expected. But I'm fed up now. I need to see a loss (no matter how small) to know that I'm headed in the right direction.
So if any of you have any tips (SW or otherwise) of how I can lose 1lb by Wednesday evening, which doesn't involve cutting off a hand or something, I'd really appreciate it...

Ah Kimberly, a 10 day birthday blow-out sounds blissful. If you can't enjoy it, what's the point!

Was feeling v chunky on Saturday, even though I know I've only gained .5 lbs (could be more at this point!!). But my FIL commented on how I'd lost weight, so it kinda stopped me in my downward spiral of gloom, and made me realise I've done better than I give myself credit for.

I congratulated myself with a chipper tea.

So, this week isn't looking too hot on the scales either. I'm going away for the weekend too. You'd think I'd just tell myself "be 100% between Mon-Fri, then take off the weekend", but I am more in the mindset of "I might as well eat round me until then".

Going to pull out my old SW mags and reread some stories to inspire me! And my skinny sister will be at the weekend with us, which will end up in photos being taken, so I should really cop on!

That turned into a rant and ramble, didn't it!

Niamh I'm the same- thats why the whole month ended up being a gorge-fest. Groan. And to the skinny sister! There are things online to show you how to take your most flattering photo. How to Look Thin In Photos I've got a flipping MASSIVE head and face area but because I'm the shortest I always get pushed to the front of a pic, so I have to try and insist I'm next to the others rather than infront otherwise I look like old balloon head. Vain much. Lol.

Katie you don't want to know. She's started dating and I'm having HUGE issues with TMI. It's nice that we're friends, but SHES MY MUM. I swear she's doing it to get to me, but its working and I think its really disrespectful. Lol- sorry- wish you'd never asked! Lol!

In other news I just enjoyed a DELICIOUS cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwich. OMG! -I said before that I need to use my HeB more wisely and this was perfect! Yum. I haven't had a sarnie in too long, or at least a guiltfree one!
20140204_131143.jpg

I used the soup maker for the first time last night so have some rather watery tomato soup too. Lovely, but need to get the measurements of the stock right as I prefer it a bit thicker.
20140203_183900.jpg
Here's a picture of it from last night in my new heartshaped bowl :D

I NEED ME A LOSS!!!

Love that link Kimberly... posing will go out the window after a few vinos :D

Had the old reliable jacket spud for lunch, going to make a nice spicy curry for dinner, and hopefully sweat off the excess over night!

Painting a v pretty picture aren't I?

(Love your bowl!)

Wilko's- £3 I think but sooooo worth it :D

apparently I'm now addicted to IG. I blame Lisha

kimberley_sw

Evening Kimberley - hope you had a good day hun. The shepherds pie "looks" good but dont think I could eat a lentil one lol theres a saying though dont knock it until you try it hehe.

Well I for one am glad you had a fab birthday blow out, nows the time to knuckle down and get back on the wagon you can do it, stay strong . Were here to help support you love xx

Back