Iv been reading...

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Iv been reading some reviews where people say that they lose the weight and then it piles straight back on again no matter if they eat healthly or not. This is one thing that worried me from the beginning, is it true???

i hope not lol i think everybody will be different depending on metabolism/exercise what food that they are eating if they think it is 'healthy' sometimes foods arent as good as we think they are

some people are really sensitive to carbs and put weight on very easily through eating them even in controlled portions.

i am also worried about gaining back alot of weight,not because i think i am going to go back to my old ways etc as i know that there is no way that that will ever happen but i do think to myself 'what if' i do start to put on weight for no apparent reason and it is frightening but i am just going to take each day as it comes, i do know that i am 100% better off trying to keep my weight under control now than i was 5 months ago and 8 stones heavier so dont let it worry you 2 much, it is something that we willdeal with if/when the time comes but i am sure you will be fine and i am also wondering how many of these people did truly stick to healthy eating most of the time anyway? it is so easy to fall back into old habits etc

good luck anyway hun, i am sure you will be fine xxxxx

Regardless of the way people lose weight more than 95 out of every 100 put it all back on in one year. We all got fat by overeating and if we go back to eating the way we did we will get fat again. Portion control is a big factor. Heres hoping we are all in the 5%! xx

I've maintained hun. I weigh myself daily...apparently the best maintainers do that. If I put a few lbs on then I eat low carb/fat until it comes back off. If we go back to eating the way we did before then we will all gain the weight back...if we eat sensibly and have the odd treat then we will be fine. I'm not going to say its easy because its not.

I too am maintaining. As shaz says, its all about good food choices, and keeping your eye on everything x x

It's very simple, if we do not make the long term lifestyle changes after we have lost the weigh it WILL go back on.

After this diet your metablismis slowed and your muscle mass in drastically reduced meaning your body needs fewer calories to function.

the best thing to do is to go straight to a gym when you have finished and start lifting weights, the more muscle you pack on, the more calories/energy you will burn.

^^^ What they all said up there... :)

There are many success stories of refeeding & maintaining on here :)

TFR is the easy bit, the hard bit is making sure you don't go back to old habits...

Im definatly not going back to my old ways but im just scared aboitputting on just because thats what my bodies like (really crap metabolism etc.)

Shaz how long have you maintained for??

It's very simple, if we do not make the long term lifestyle changes after we have lost the weigh it WILL go back on.

After this diet your metablismis slowed and your muscle mass in drastically reduced meaning your body needs fewer calories to function.

the best thing to do is to go straight to a gym when you have finished and start lifting weights, the more muscle you pack on, the more calories/energy you will burn.

Love it when you talk dirty :D:D:D

Pizzle, you have spoken my fears out loud as well. I do worry about putting it back on again - as I have on other diets! I know someone who lost a load on LL and put a lot back on again and is now on CD. I just hope and pray at the end of my LT journey that I will have broken a load of my old habits and don't fall back into them. We have to trust in our own judgement that, having made this journey, we take steps to never have to do it again.

x

My biggest bit of advice is to not live in fear of something as you tend to focus on that. Instead really enjoy being slim so much that you value it high enough that you will make sensible food choices and portion sizes so you can continue to be slim and healthy.

Mike

Wise words Mike. Thank you.

x

Cheers. Maybe ill just do what the supermodels do and have a boiled sweet a day!!!

Exactly! :)

Im definatly not going back to my old ways but im just scared aboitputting on just because thats what my bodies like (really crap metabolism etc.)

Shaz how long have you maintained for??

About four months ish now. I still feel like I'm dieting, but instead of by TFR its now by 'normal' means. I'm afraid I'm going to be on a diet the rest of my life, otherwise I know I will gain it all back, but that is the case no matter which diet I had done. If we go back to how we used to eat, then we will get fat again.

I think when im back to eating properly ill be on healthy food eg salad and chicken but ill still treat myself now and again, ill just go to the gym the next day!!! :)

I am trying to get my head round that if I want to keep my nice new figure (I am hopefully going to have) I have to change the way I eat for good.
After I have refed it's not going to be a case of feeling like I am on a diet for the rest of my life but I have to get myself into thinking there are some foods that I just can't eat anymore.
I will definitely have the occasional treat though :p

In the 3 weeks before starting LT i was eating steamed veg with either salmon, cod or a lovely steak and i really liked it, so if this is refeed food then ill be happy :)

Back