Iv been shopping.. RE: fishy week!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Littleslimmingbee, 2 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    :jelous: Whilst a 'fishy' week is quite possibly my worst nightmare, iv decided to give it a go none the less, as my motivation seems to be the strongest its been in a while!

Now, iv bought tuna steaks, canned tuna, a salmon fillet and 2 lots of cod.

Im certain i already hate salmon, but im hoping for the best. :p

i can stomach cod .. (iv bought lots of mushy peas to hide it under!) .. and i can manage tuna steaks as a one off. i can eat canned tuna fine though.. so im hoping i can just incorperate a tin or so into any pasta dish i might make, salad etc.

i know its not as 'fishy' as some other fishy weeks you all may have done.. however as you may have guessed.. im not a fish fan.

any tips, suggestions etc?

dear god, promise me a weight loss at least! LOL

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    fern, check out this recipe on my blog:

Baked Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes and Butternut Squash | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

It is delicious, trust me and you might even be surprised and decide you now like salmon. The most important thing is to not to overcook it.

for the cod, how about using a HEb and covering it in homemde whole wheat breadcrumbs to serve with sw chips and peas or you could perhaps make a fish pie.

I am not a great fan on tuna steaks, so that is one recipe I can't really help with. Although again make sure you dont overcook it or it will be horrible and dry.

4. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    ooo thank you! do you really think il like it??

is it, like a real fishy fish??

5. BritMumInCanada

Diet:
    Slimming World
    no it definately isnt really fishy, but then I dont find salmon that fishy, so is hard to say. Salmon is my favorite and I am not a big fish eater.

6. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Meal planner:
    Thursday:

lunch- small portion of pasta with 1 tin of tuna (80g) red pepper, red onion, peppers and herbs in passata with cheese HEA
    dinner-
    vegetable stir fry- with noodles and salmon in a sweet and sour sauce 4syns.

Friday-
    lunch- cold tuna and pasta salad, 1 tin of 80g tuna, spring onion, cucumber, cherry toms and 1 tsp of mayo light and salad leaves

dinner- peice of cod, marrow fat peas and a handful of wedges/chips

saturday-
    tuna steak with new potatoes and roast vegetables

sunday- cottage pie

monday- chicken salad for lunch
    chilli con carni with brown rice and vlf yogurt

tuesday- pasta with passata and tuna (80g) tun, peppers, onions, herbs and cheese HEA
    dinner- cod stiry fry with 5spice sauce and noodles 4syns

Its as fishy as itl ever get in my life i tell ya, but im giving it a go for the hope of a weight loss!

what do you guys think?/ iv also bought strawbs, grapefruit, oranges etc loads of veg :)

7. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Looks good, my OH makes the BEST Tuna ever! I think Fresh Tuna is GORGEOUS. He fries it in frylight with onions and salt, chilli and black pepper and then serves with a homemade salsa, salad and new spuds. It's so simple but delicious!

Theres a teryaki salmon sauce that we do as a stir fry, that's YUM and syn free. I'll find the recipe if you want. :)

Good luck! I end up losing 3- 3.5lbs and I'm so close to being a healthy weight and last time I did it i changed a regular 0.5-1lb loss to 3.5!!! :)

8. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    thats fab! :) yes do find me the recipe!

im hoping it might benifit my joints a bit also if i find i do enjoy it and can keep it up?

If i could loose 4lbs, id be mega impressed at my most i loose on average on a very good week is 2.5-3 so anything more now i concider extra spesh, but anythings appriciated!

9. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Fern, like you I was no fish fan but I have done several fishy weeks and found quite a bit of fish that I would happily now eat in the process.

Simple Salmon recipe is to pop a fillet into a tin foil "parcel" with some garlic granules, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and a splash of lime juice. Fold parcel to seal it up and lash in oven for about 20-25 minutes - prolly around 200 or gas 6-7. Have that with a load of veg, sw chips, or a salad and it's lush.

Mackerel is also nice - and not too "fishy". It's the smell that gets me- trout is particularly vile smelling for hours after you cook it!!

Good luck!

10. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

get ya fish on!!!! good luck Ferny xxx

11. amy2307

amy2307 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im with you fern on having a fishy week!! Definately need a boost but very rarely have fish! You sound very prepared! So far i just have tuna for my salads...oh well its a start! Good luck :) xx

12. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    im nervous!!!

thanks for all the advice madamelaminx..

im hoping its worth it. but if not i will not let it defeat me and will get back to EE normal.. but it would be nice for a fab loss.

x

13. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    ooo fern do you buy the mags??
    if you do then i highly recommend the herby salmon burgers that were in the last one!! they are lovely...gorgeous with chips and salad and not too fishy at all.

14. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did it a few months ago and got a huge loss - after I got back from hols in Aug i think :rolleyes:
    The Jamie Oliver fish was the easiest and tastiest fish pie i've had and I'm pretty fussy only liking certain fish dishes too :
    http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/159969-jamie-oliver-fish-pie-yummy-easy.html
    I also make a gorgeous prawn, choritzo and spincach curry which is now a weekly fav in our house:
    http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/165417-prawn-choritzo-spinach-curry.html

Good luck
    xx

15. BritMumInCanada

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tilapia is quite nice too, I didnt find it too fishy.

16. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Teriyaki Salmon recipe- Syns= 0 in EE

6tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
    1 garlic clove
    4 salmon fillets chopped roughly
    1in piece of ginger grated
    juice of 2 limes
    2 courgettes (cut into skinny batons)
    1lb chinese style stirfry veggies (big bag from asda is what we use)
    bean sprouts

1- Mix the soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl add the salmon and let it marinate
    2- Put some noodles on to cook
    3- heat a wok with frylight- drain the salmon (keep the marinade). Stir fry for 3 mins, add the salmon back to the marinade and add the lime juice
    4- Add more frylight and stir fry the veggies inc bean sprouts and bamboo shoots for about 3-4mins. Add the cooked noodles and combine.
    5- split the noodles and top with salmon and drizle the marinade over. EAT and ENJOY!!! :)

Sorry for the delay in giving you the recipe!

17. Hayleyberrybenj

Hayleyberrybenj Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Try soya sauce,ginger and clear honey to marinate and cook the salmon..plonk it on a stack of stir fried veg and maybe a handful of dried egg noodles..yumedy yum yum!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I felt the same as you Fern when I did my fishy week but hey guess what I ended up liking it.

I found smoked haddock easy to take as the flavour is great.

Several nights I used my cheese allowance and hex's to make a cheese and tomato sauce to smother the fish with. Just cook tinned tomatoes, melt the cheese in it and then give it a quick whiz in the blender for a smooth sauce. I used extra mature cheddar for a really cheesy flavour.

I also made fish curry with hake. That was good too.

Good luck Fern

20. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    im gonna do a fishy week to get me back on track from my gain this week

tomorrow im gonna have cod fillet with butternut squash an stir fried cabbage and green beans its all syn free and all super speed :) i think its my fav dinner so far .... it will get me started ........

i would love to try prawns but the look of them puts me off

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.