Iv done my shoulder in, can I apply a gel based pain killer?

Hi,

OUCH!!, Iv done my shoulder in again :(

This may be a stupid question, but can I apply things like Voltarol gel to my skin?

And can I take nurofen liquid capsules?

Thanks

bm2lm xx

Gel is fine, not sure about the liquid capsules though, I know you can have tablets. Hopefully someone will be along to be sure.

sorry to hear u have done ur sholder in :(

i think the gel is fine as long as u aint intending to swallow it :p

i dunno about the liquid caps. i imagine they would have sugar in them. do u have any nurofen tablets? they'd be much better.

you are doing really well so i wouldnt dice with ketosis but then if u r in a lot of pain, it may be worth drinking a little more water, have just 1 of the liquid thingies and when thats kicked in, see if u can get hold of some tablet painkillers instead of sugary ones.

hope u feel better soon

xxxx

depends if it was liquid or tablets and how sensitive u r to ketosis. just drink a bit of extra water and hope for the best! sure u'll be ok. xxx

Gels are absolutely fine.

try and avoid enteric coated (sugar coated) pills and ideally avoid Brufen as it isn't good on an effectively empty stomach. If you must take brufen take it after a pack to at least partially line your tummy.

M.

Hope your shoulder is feeling better now.

I know I did my neck a few weeks ago and am still on strong pain killers - which I take with my packs.

Back