'I've been doing this forever' diary

Thanks Pesty - I did try success express a few years back, and although I had a 'better' weight loss the initial week (I think it was about 3lb) I then stayed the same for about 2 months after, so I have always avoided it because of that. Maybe time to try again though.

So, an Extra Easy today (and yay its Friday!!!!!!!!!!)

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Whitworths sour cherries (1½ Syns) and vanilla

S: Clemantine (F)

L: Last of the superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Muller light with cherry layer (2 syns)

S: Fresh Pineapple (F)

D: Vietnamese Pork - my favorite:
Pork steak sliced (F), soy sauce (F), Fish Sauce (F), lemongrass (F), Curry Powder (F), 1 tsp sugar (1 syn), 1 tsp cornflour (1 syn) and green chillies (F) served with brown rice (F) and lots of broccoli (F)

S: Kelloggs Choc Fibre Bar (HEXB)

Total Syns for day (so far): 5½ Syns

Well I had quite a good weekend. Had a couple of red days to try and mix things up a bit, and more importantly, started back on the Wii Active. Very stiff this morning, but going to try and stick to it till I go off on hols.

Today is Extra Easy

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Dorset Cereals Honey Granola (2½ Syns)

S: Clementine (F)

L: 3 boiled eggs (F), with chopped ham (F) and cress (F) - no superfree though :(

S: Weight Watchers Dessert Recipe Yogurt (F)

A: apple (F)

D: Pork steak (F) breaded with Hovis Nimble White Bread - 2 slices (HEXB), pasta (F), homemade tomato sauce (F) with 8 olives (1 Syn) and broccoli (F)

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day (so far): (3½ Syns) Will probably have some chocolate from the Easter egg still in the fridge also.

Another EE day today, although I am a bit bothered that my superfree foods will be low. Not a lot I can do about it so fingers crossed.

Extra Easy

B: Oat so simple sachet (HEXB) made with milk from HEXA allowance, Splenda (F) and some frozen raspberries (F)

L: Tesco Light Choices Pasta and Tomato bake (2 syns)

S: Pineapple (F)

D: Gammon Steak (F), Syn Free Chips (F), Egg (F) and Baked Beans (F)

S: Pomegranate (F)

Total Syns for day (so far): (2 Syns)

WI day today - wish me luck :confused:

And a Green Day today for a change

B: 28g Dorset Cereals Nutty Muesli (HEXB) with milk taken from HEXA

L: Tesco Light Choices Pasta and Tomato bake (2 syns)

D: Bean Bake - Home-made tomato sauce (F), 16 olives (2 Syns), Tesco mixed Bean salad (F), new potatoes (F) all topped with 2 slices Nimble bread (breadcrumbed) (HEXB) with 42g low fat grated cheese (HEXA)

Total Syns for day (so far): 4 Syns

Good luck with WI! :D

Well I am really disappointed to say that I STS last night at WI. :( Getting really fed up with this now. Going on holiday in 3 weeks and really wanted to be at least 1/2 stone lighter by now. Wouldn't mind but its not as if I don't have much to loose........:sigh:

Green Today

L: Not too sure about today - off to a luncheon and don't know if we get a choice or not :(

D: Stuffed Peppers (Batchelors Savory Rice (F), onions (F), muchrooms (F) and Laughing Cow Light (HEXA) with bacon bits (HEXB) served with syn free chips (F) and salad (F)

Well I am so pleased with myself. :D

The lunch yesterday was catered and you had no choice. We had chicken breast (which I took the skin off) with broccoli, carrots and new potatoes. There was also roasties (which I resisted).

For pud it was a delicious chocolate orange mouse with raspberries. Well I had a couple of mouthfulls of the pud (just to see what it was like, you understand) and left the rest, but I did eat the raspberries.

Well this weekend will be a bit tough as we have my partners parents saying, and are also going out for a Chinese tomorrow night. I know I can eat good at the Chinese as I do love Chow Mein, but they have the most wonderful Chinese lager on tap, so no doubt I will be having a few of those.

Oh well, back to today, which is a Green.

B: 28g Nestle Clusters (HEXB) with milk taken from HEXA

L: Going to have one of the Stuffed Peppers which was left from last night - (syn for cheese ), with some homemade coleslaw (onion, carrot and cabbage) (F) and 1 tbsp Hellmanns light (2 Syns)

D: Quorn Sauage (F), with mashed potatoes and savoy cabbage (F), and beans (F) plus 1/4 packet Schwartz Roast Onion Gravy (1 syn)

S: White chocolate mousse - made with egg whites (F), vanilla (F), Total 0% (F), Splenda (F), Options White chocolate sachet (2½ Syns) and fresh raspberries (F)

S: Kelloggs Fibre Bar (HEXB)

Total Syns for day: 7 Syns

Well it wasn't a great weekend diet wise, but I am hoping a few extra syns for a few days and then back on track may kick start a better weight loss - if not this week then next.

I didn't go too silly, but just not as rigid as usual, and the stress of our holiday in a couple of weeks being in jeopardy didn't help :(

Anyway, well back on track today with a Green Day.

B: Oat so simple sachet (HEXB) made with milk from HEXA allowance, Splenda (F) and some frozen blueberries (F)

L: Homemade Leek and Potato soup (F)

D: Jacket potato (F) filled with 113g tuna (HEXB), capers, cucumber, salad leaves, celery, peppers (F), 8 olives (1 Syn), 42g low fat grated cheese (HEXA) plus 2 tbsp Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise (4 syns)

Total Syns for day (so far): 5 Syns

Didn't get chance to post yesterday, and also had a terrible SW day so feeling VERY disappointed in myself.

Oh well, WI tonight so I will have to wait till then to see how bad it was :(

Naughty naughty Carolynn :mad:

Extra Easy

B: Weight Watchers Dessert Recipe Yogurt (F) with fresh raspberries (F)

D: Cod (F) baked in homemade tomato sauce (F) with 16 olives (2 Syns), served with Pesto Mash - 1 tbsp Sacla pesto (2½ Syns) and broccoli (F) and asparagus (F).

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. Not sure about HEXB yet.

Total Syns for day : 4½ Syns (but may have more after WI depending on how good/bad I feel after :(

Well I STS last night at WI. :(

I suppose I should be relieved but I'm really disappointed that I havent really lost much weight over the last few weeks. I should be pleased I havent put any on, but with my holiday only 2 weeks today away, I was hoping to be at least 1/2 stone lighter :mad:

Anyway, that DOES give me 2 weeks to try and loose more so here goes :D

Extra Easy today

B: 30g sachet Dorset Cereals Cranberry & Raspberry Fruity Porridge (HEXB) with milk from HEXA and frozen blueberries (F)

D: Chicken and vegetable fried rice:- frozen rice (F) fried up in Frylight with chicken thighs (F), onions (F), peppers (F), mushrooms (F), asparagus (F), sweetcorn (F), petit pois (F). At the end I will mix in 2 beaten eggs (F) with 1 tsp of sesame oil (2 Syns)

S: Snack a jack multi pack S&V snacks (4½ Syns)

Total Syns for day : 6½ Syns

Extra Easy today

B: 2 slices Hovis Nimble White bread (HEXB) with 2tsp Bertolli Light Spread (2 syns) and a poached egg (F)

D: Sweet and sour Pork: Pork (F) marinated in soy sauce (F) and 1 tsp Cornflour (1 syn). Fry with frylight and add a mixture of 1 tbs Tomato puree (½ syn), 1 tbs Spenda (F), 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (F), red pepper (F), garlic (F) and 3 pineapple rings (3 syns). Serve with broccoli and brown rice. (F)

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day.

Total Syns for day : 6½ Syns

Extra Easy for me today

L: chicken salad (F)

D: Chicken and vegetable stir fry (onion, mushrooms, peppers, mangetout, sweetcorn, peas, pak choi) and noodles (F)

S: WW chocolate swirl pot ice cream (4½ syns)

Total Syns for day : 6 Syns

Last edited:
Redtoday (trying to boost weight loss and not have another STS at tomorrow's WI) :rolleyes:

B: Oat so simple sachet (HEXB) made with milk from HEXA allowance, Splenda (F) and some frozen blueberries (F)

L: chicken salad (F)

D: salmon (F) served with stir fry vegetables (onions, broccoli, mangetout, mushrooms, asparagus, beansprouts, chinese leaf) (F)

S: WW chocolate swirl pot ice cream (4½ syns)
S: Snack a Jacks 22g bag of salt and vinegar (4½ syns)

Total Syns for day : 9 Syns

EDIT: Just realized looking back on this today I missed out a HEXA and HEXB - bugger!

Last edited:
WI and Extra Easy day today

B: 28g Nestle Clusters (HEXB) with milk taken from HEXA

L: chicken and ham salad (F)

D: Cod (F) baked in homemade tomato sauce (F) with 16 olives (2 Syns), served with Pesto Mash - 1 tbsp Sacla pesto (2½ Syns) and broccoli (F) and asparagus (F).

S: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich (5 Syns)

Total Syns for day : 9½ Syns

Last edited:
Well WI went well last night and I lost 2lb. It is my * week though, and I do tend to have my best losses then, but I'm really pleased nonetheless :D

Extra Easy

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Dorset Cereals Honey Granola (2½ Syns)

L: Ham salad (F) with 42g feta cheese (HEXA)

D: Vietnamese Pork - Pork steak sliced (F), soy sauce (F), Fish Sauce (F), 1 tbsp lemongrass in oil (½ Syn), Curry Powder (F), 1 tsp sugar (1 syn), 1 tsp cornflour (1 syn) and green chillies (F) served with brown rice (F) and lots of broccoli (F)

Will have to account for some syns today for my milk in my cups of tea (2 syns)

Total Syns for day : 7 Syns

Yay - its Friday :D

Bit of a mixed up day today as I'm trying to eat some of the stuff thats been accumulating in the freezer.

Think its going to have to be an Extra Easy.

B: 2 slices Hovis Nimble White bread (HEXB) with 2tsp Bertolli Light Spread (2 syns)

L: Ham salad (F) with 21g feta cheese (½ HEXA)

D: Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Coq Au Vin (meant to be 14½ Syns BUT as I'm taking the skin off the chicken I'm going to downgrade it to 5 Syns), with roast potatoes (done in frylight) (F) and broccoli (F).

½ HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day.

Total Syns for day : 7 Syns

Fallen a bit behind with this, but I do find it really helps so I'm making a really big effort now to keep it up. Got a wedding to go to in Spain in 4 weeks and could really do with loosing as much as possible before then - the dress is a bit tight :eek:

Today I am on Extra Easy.

B: Mullerlight Strawberry cheesecake yoghurt (1 syn)

L: Jacket potato (F) with 1/2 tub Tesco cottage cheese with pineapple (1 syn) and cucumber (F).

D: Pork steak (F) breaded (HEXB) with pasta (F), homemade tomato sauce (tin of tomatoes, carrot, celery, onion) (F), 8 olives (1 syn) and broccoli (F)

S: Strawberry cheesecake (from mag) with extra ginger nuts (6 syns)

Total Syns for day : 9 Syns

Another Extra Easy.

B: 28g Dorset Cereals Tasty Low Fat Flakes (HEXB)

L: Ham Salad (Ham (F), Salad Leaves (F), cucumber (F), spring onion (F), tomatoes (F) and Balsamic Vinegar (F)

D: Risotto (Risotto Rice (F), chicken (F), mushrooms (F), onions (F), asparagus (F), peppers (F) and chicken stock (F).

S: Strawberry cheesecake (from mag) with extra ginger nuts (6 syns)

Total Syns for day : 6 Syns

Another Extra Easy.

B: Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate & with a Black Cherry Underlayer (2 syns)

L: Ham Salad (Ham (F), Salad Leaves (F), cucumber (F), spring onion (F), tomatoes (F), red peppers (F), apple (F) and Balsamic Vinegar (F)

D: Gammon (F), syn free chips (F), beans (F), egg (F), and broccoli

As its weigh in tonight I'm going to have a bit of a treat

S: Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Raspberry Creme Brulees (22 Syns) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Total Syns for day : 24 Syns :eek:

Yum your raspberry creme brulees have got me salivating! Good luck tonight, I'm sure you will do great x

Back