'I've been doing this forever' diary

Thanks Nikki, but I'm afraid it was a bit of a disaster. Thought I had done pretty OK this week but I actually put on 1.5lb :eek: :eek: Oh well, better see what this week brings!

A change today with Original

B: Muller Mullerlight Inspired By Yogurt, New York Style Cheesecake (1 syn)

L: Ham Salad (Ham (F), Salad Leaves (F), onion (F), tomatoes (F), red peppers (F), apple (F) and Balsamic Vinegar (F)

S: Clemantine (F)

D: Greek chicken: Chicken thighs (F), roasted with lemon juice (F), 198g new potatoes (HEXB), onion (F), asparagus (F), mushrooms, 16 olives (2 syns) and 42g feta (HEXA)

Not sure about any pud today, but I still have a HEXB to play with although I would like to try and keep my syns down this week to make up for last nights WI.

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day.

Total Syns for day : 3 Syns :eek:

Going for a Extra Easy today

B: Muller Mullerlight Inspired By Yogurt, Strawberry Cheesecake (1 syn)

L: Marks & Spencer Chunky Steak (F)

S: Clementine (F)

D: Homemade Cottage pie (low fat mince, onion, mushrooms, celery, carrot, tomatoes, tin baked beans, stock) topped with potato & broccoli mash (F) with 28g low fat cheddar cheese (4 syns)

S: Pomegranate (F)

S; Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HEXB)

Total Syns for day : 5 Syns

Not sure about any more syns today - may have a vimto ice lolly or something in the evening, but really want to try and keep them low - 2 weeks till I attend a wedding in Spain and the dress is still a little snug. :eek:

Last edited:
Going for a Green today

L: Home-made Gazpacho soup (tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, garlic, spring onion, chilli) (F)

D: Bean bake (new potatoes, Tesco 3 bean salad, tomatoes, carrots, onion, celery) (F), with 16 olives (2 syns) topped with 2 slices Nimble wholemeal crumbed up (HEXB) with 42g low fat cheddar grated (HEXA)

Other HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day.

Total Syns for day : 3 Syns

Ended up staying late at work last night, so instead of having the bean bake last night, will have tonight. Ended up having Quorn meatballs, home-made tomato sauce and linguine for tea last night which was bery nice indeed ;)

Going for a Green today

B: 28g Tesco Apricot wheats (HEXB) with SS milk.

L: Pot Noodle in a mug - chinese chicken (F)

D: Bean bake (new potatoes, Tesco 3 bean salad, tomatoes, carrots, onion, celery) (F), with 16 olives (2 syns) topped with 2 slices Nimble wholemeal crumbed up (HEXB) with 42g low fat cheddar grated (HEXA)

Other HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day.

Total Syns for day : 2 Syns so far, but will see how I feel after WI :eek:

Stayed the same at last nights WI :( Trying not to get too despondent and just focusing on the positive - at least I didn't gain (although I deserved a bl**dy good loss!) :confused:

Extra Easy for me today

L: Marks & Spencer Chunky Steak (F)

D: Home-made tandoori chicken thighs (F), served with stir fry vegetables (F) and savory rice (F)

S: 14g cashew nut (4 syns)
S: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich (5 syns)
S: Vimto Mixed Fruit Flavour Ice Lollies (2 syns)

Total Syns for day : 12 Syn

Last edited:
Green today

B: 28g Dorset Cereals Tasty Low Fat Flakes (HEXB)

L: Batchelors mushy peas (F)

D: Homemade mushroom risotto with plenty of veg added (F) and 80ml white wine (3 syns) & some cooked chicken (HEXB)

S: Pomegranate (F)

Total Syns for day : 3 Syns

Last edited:
well not a great weekend for me SW food/drink wise. Thought I hadn't done too bad until I stepped on the scales this morning :eek: I know I should have waited until WI day on Wed, but I didn't think it was going to be that bad!!!!!!! Oh well, spurred me to get back on track anyway!

Extra Easy

B: cup of tea - bad I know but working from home and just didn't fancy anything.

L: Mushroom, onion and tomato 2-egg omelette (F)

D: Going to try the Strozapretti pesto ross (1.5 syns)

S: Cherries (F)
S: Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HEXB)
S: Vimto Mixed Fruit Flavour Ice Lollies (2 syns)

Total Syns for day : 3.5 Syns

Hi Hun!!!
First I wanted to say, you are AMAZING!!! I just read your food diary from start to finish and I feel SOOOOO bad for you! You eat really well and healthily, you stay within your syns 99.9% of the time, yet you have piddly or non-existant losses???? I just don't get it!!!!! I think your Doctor really needs to look into this some more. I know you said you've had medical tests, but I really feel it must be something out of your control. I'm the same height as you and if I ate as well as you do the weight would fall of me! I'd notice that You'd have a fab week food wise then I'd eagerly await your next post for weigh-in results and you'd stay the same or gain, bless ya!

I really hope you don't mind me commenting, I just feel awful for you! And I absolutely LOVE your food diaries, you make such lovely meals, it's really inspired me to eat better. I'm pregnant at the mo and have always used Weight Watchers,but reading your diary and some of the others it has really made me think seriously about turning to Slimming World after Bubba arrives!

And it is so strange that your best losses appear to be on * weeks!!! You really are in the minority there Hun!! lol

I've got everything crossed for you in the hope you can shift a few pounds before your Holiday! Goodluck Hunni and just want you to know you've really inspired me!
xxx

Thanks CookiesnCream for such nice words. First of all its good to hear that people do actually read the diaries and get ideas for their own meals, and I'm glad that you have been enjoying them.

Secondly, I know its pants not loosing (or at least STS) but I do have to remind myself that if I didn't so this, then I would gain so much. I'm convinced that things aren't right, but I guess that most doctors (quite rightly most of the time) find it hard to believe you when you say you don't deserve to be fat. Luckily, I do quite like healthy SW food, so its not all that bad :rolleyes:

Green Today

B: 28g Tesco Apricot wheats (HEXB) with SS milk (Part HEXA)

L: Tin of Batchelors mushy peas (F) and clementine (F)

D: Spaghetti Carbonarra made with Quorn bacon bits, Onion, garlic (F) mixed with egg yolks, Quark (F) and Parmesan cheese (HEXA) with Spaghetti (F)

Rest of HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day.

Total Syns for day : 0 Syns so far but will probably update later when I decide how to use up a few.

Well lost 1.5lb last night at WI so quite pleased with that. It was my * week and I do usually loose then, but for me every loss is precious :D

Green today

B: 2 x slices Hovis Nimble white (HEXB) with 3 tsp Bertolli light (3 sysn)

L: 2 egg omelette with mushrooms, onions (F) & 42g reduced fat cheese (HEXA)

D: Syn free chips (F), mushy peas (F) and 142g cod (HEXB)

S: Vimto Mixed Fruit Flavour Ice Lolly (2 syns)

Total Syns for day : 5 Syns

Thank God its the weekend.

Extra Easy for me today.

B: Mullerlight Strawberry cheesecake yoghurt (1 syn)

L: Tesco Medium Fish & Veg Sushi (3½ Syns)

D: Home-made Sweet & Sour Pork - Pork strips marinated in soy sauce and 1tsp cornflour (1 syn), mixed with fresh pineapple (F), red pepper (F), onion (F) and garlic (F). Sauce is 1tbsp white wine vinegar and 1tbsp tomato pure (1 syn), served with brown rice (F).

S: cherries (F) and Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HEXB)

Total Syns for day : 6½ Syns

Back