I've been told to have 20 syns?

MelonCollie

Gold Member
Well, I've been following the SW plan since may, and on tuesday I was told my syns should have been 20 a day. I've always just followed the guide line of 15 before hand. (It was my consultant that said I should be on 20)

If I suddenly add an extra 5 syns a day will this effect how much I lose at all? Or will having the 20 syns give me greater losses?
My consultant actually told me I should have started off on 25 syns a day.
I know that 15 a day works for me, but I would love to use 20, lol! (10 extra malteasers ;) )

I'm just wondering if suddenly upping it will change much? I guess I'm a bit scared, lol!

My consultant also said I should be on 20 until I'm 16st.. I must admit I am feeling a little bit confused, lol.

I would appreciate it if anyone could put my mind at rest. :)

Hello hun - I know I said this in your thread but I've been told to have 20 and to be honest - when I started I used to have 25 because I had read it online that you could if you were over 25 stone which I was. >.> And then I had a really rough time losing in May (without being bad - I think I lost 3lb total in May and I went down to 15 and it didn't help. And then I was officially told 20 by my consultant and I had the exact same loss in June (I think - damn signature limits mean I couldn't fit in my monthly break down) - then in July I had some great losses but then some great gains (I was on holiday and it was my birthday) and since then I've had 20 syns and done alright.

I have definitely lost having 20 syns though a little slower than you have (but that could be all sorts most of my gains I know are because I haven't always been good and I flexi syn and then get back on plan and that could account for it as much as the extra syns) but I am nearly at 4 stone lost so I think the plan definitely works even on extra syns and for me it makes it (mostly anyway) easier to stick to.

I'd rather have that extra 100 cals a day and be able to stick to it and have it take a little bit longer than find myself struggling. I also think I will need to have something to cut down on if I start to plateau when I get smaller. I know it's a little bit different because you would be upping your syns but I don't think 700 calories a week would see a gain for you - but maybe smaller losses? One thing I do I came up with on my own is that if I don't do any exercise in a day - no walking because I'm off work then I try and drop to 15 then and only have 20 when I fit in a little body magic because then it's extra incentive to get some exercise.

hmm, I've decided to do the same as you, snow. :)

But you are right, 700 extra calories a week probably won't be that much of an issue.. yay haha. I probablt won't use the full 20 a day, like today I'm having 17, but I shall not cringe if I go over 15.. haha.. :)

I was "given" 20 syns a day when I started too but never felt comfortable going over the 15. It was never really explained and I certainly had no idea when that should change to 15 so I just used it as you said; as a sort of cushion that if I went over 15 then I didn't worry about it. Generally I have found losses to be better when my syns have been higher (within the limit) and having low syns doesn't necessarily mean better losses. I think having the extra as a treat when you've done a bit of exercise is a great idea. I believe weight watchers allows you to earn extra points by exercising so that's the same way of thinking. Upping your syns now will have to be trial and error, see what happens! Good luck :)

What about asking your consultant? It can't hurt to ask.. :)

and yeah, I shall just try Moo. :D This month has been a waste anyway with how up and down I've been lol! may as well use the last week for testing lol.. :)

Well, I've been following the SW plan since may, and on tuesday I was told my syns should have been 20 a day. I've always just followed the guide line of 15 before hand. (It was my consultant that said I should be on 20)

If I suddenly add an extra 5 syns a day will this effect how much I lose at all? Or will having the 20 syns give me greater losses?
My consultant actually told me I should have started off on 25 syns a day.
I know that 15 a day works for me, but I would love to use 20, lol! (10 extra malteasers ;) )

I'm just wondering if suddenly upping it will change much? I guess I'm a bit scared, lol!

My consultant also said I should be on 20 until I'm 16st.. I must admit I am feeling a little bit confused, lol.

I would appreciate it if anyone could put my mind at rest. :)

I started on 15 syns a day and I kept to that. I don't think much of your consultant to be honest. if you have coped on 15, you should keep to it.

When I started I had the usual 5-15 syns a day but then my weight slowed day. My consultant looked at my food diary and said I wasn't eating enough and told me to trust her and the plan and have 20 syns a day. I lost more than when I was on 15. I don't always have 20 as I don't need them sometimes I have less than 10. If you feel you need more than give it a go :) xx

Maybe I should have said that my group changed Consultant, I'm guessing my new one assumed I knew I should have more syns. She corrected me when I mentioned 15 syns on the FB group though.. :)

I did snows way this week and had 20 syns when I did more body magic, and I lost 3.5lbs this week so it obviously works.. :)

3.5 lbs is a great loss, glad it worked and saved you from a 0 for October :)

yeha I'm happy it saved me from a 0 lol. :D

Just got to make this month better.. Not sure how easy that will be though as I've been invited to a halloween do tomorrow and visiting the misters parents sunday... Maybe I'll have to buy a staple gun for my mouth :p

I've never heard of anyone being told to have more than 15 syns. Even when you reach target you're told not to up your syns but to up your healthy extras. I would have thought it would be healthier to get you to up your amount of healthy extras rather than giving the option to eat extra crap

And another bit I dont get - if you're bigger then your appetite will be larger usually so you would surely just eat more free and superfree? Syns are nothing to do with hunger

Hi all :) i joined SW a couple of years ago and was also told to have 20 syns. I stopped going and fell off the wagon but I'm now following SW on my own as I can't afford to go and also work weird hours. I was about the same weight back then and have been allowing myself to have 20 syns but most of the time only have between 6 - 10 as I seem to run out of time to eat them, I also get a guilt trip thinking I'm eating for the sake of it. Do you think I would get on better having more syns then ? Well done all and keep going! Enjoy your grub! Xx

Back