I've come to a decision

silhouettes

Silver Member
I have decided that my head isnt in the right place to follow management properly at the moment, I am going to ask my counsellor if its ok to stick to week 2 management for another couple of weeks. I really havent got the hang of portion control and want to sort this out before i progress onto any more food.
I really hope she agrees to it,

sil;

If she doesn't agree,then at least she will offer support for the next few weeks. I've deliberatly chosen NOT to introduce quite a few foods back into my diet (as I intend to low-carb as a permanent eating regime) and although my LLC wanted me to reintroduce potatoes, real bread, real pasta etc, she has supported my decision to only introduce low-carb alternatives and shun proper choc altogether (come week 12 I'll be dining on diabetic choc instead!).

We know our own minds and bodies and we've got to work out for ourselves how we're going to come out of the other side of LL able to manage. If that means sticking a fwe extra weeks at this vital stage, then so be it. Its what is best for us, afterall!

I agree with Deb. I've chosen not to add a lot of foods that are technically 'allowed' back into my diet. When I start week 8, I've already decided that I will not be eating pasta or other processed wheat-based products but will stick to brown rice, etc. Same for bread week: It'll be rye bread all the way. I'm sure your LLC will help you out with finding the right path for you.
Best of luck and keep posting
Linze

What does your counsellor say about your decision Linze? Mine wants me to reintroduce everything, then cut out what I want after I've finished. I don't see the point in adding back in pasta and normal bread etc if I never intend to eat it again. After months of abstinence where I never missed it a bit, what is the benefit in adding it now? If I go to a restaurant and get bread with my soup, I'll choose either to eat it, or to leave it. Why not do that now, if I intend to do it in the future?

I'm interested to know!

She has been largely supportive but has asked me to be careful with ensuring my calorie intake is adequate. She is a major Lighterlife success story, still maintaining after something like three years, so I really look up to her and respect her opinion. She has acknowledged that if I want to avoid wheat products, that's entirely up to me, as long as I replace it with other low GI complex carbs. It's academic at the moment as I'm only just starting Week 7 so won't be including pasta, etc. until next week! Has your counsellor been a bit anti?

No - just wants me to try everything to see, however, I already know what my problem foods are. I am also in Week 7 (from tomorrow) and I've already bought my low-carb pasta ready for next week and my low-carb cereal for Week 8. I'm not avoiding these foods altogether, just choosing low-carb alternatives instead.

Me too! I know that I can't stop eating bread and pasta when I start, so why go there at all! Grr. There again they only want the best for us I suppose, bless 'em!

Back