I've come to say goodbye :(

slaterslady

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I thought it would be polite to say goodbye - I am leaving the Cambridge diet this week after immense pressure and a huge argument with my husband and parents. They feel that I am constantly tired and am increasing looking more and more ill (even though I don't see it) couple this with the huge news story this morning about the woman who got brain damage by being on a similar diet - I simply have lost the will to continue fighting my corner. I am so scared to go back and eat and I just don't know what I'm gonna do. Does anyone have any suggestions which diet I can go on that I may have a chance at succeeding at? Also when I do go onto another diet like WW am I likely to put the weight back on?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thank you everyone you have all been so kind xxxxx:cry:

Hi Hun, I moved from CD to SW with success. It can be done although I no longer eat food high in carbs like bread, pasta and potatoes so I live on red (meat) days. I only had a 1lb gain but I did have a blow out meal two days before my initial WI with SW so have put it down to that. I do know that some people do have a small gain but it just depends on the food choices you make after leaving CD. Good Luck and I will happily answer any questions you may have after the swap if you need any info. xx

Hi Hun

Why dont you try AAM and see how it goes.

Ox

Good luck to you whatever you decide :)

Can I ask why you stopped doing CD Nicky? Or is that really nosey?!

Hi Slaterslady,
I hope im using the forum correctly and you get this message. Just found the site yesterday and posted today telling my LT story. It's the 2nd last post under the "if you're doing LP tell your story thread". When I came off LT after losing 4stone, I did the maintenance programme for a couple of months. Mainly because I love the bars. I'd have 2 of these a day and chicken, veggies, stir fries etc. My main problem is that I have been and probably always will be a bit of a carb addict. IMO the reason I kept the weight off is due to the fact that I very rarely eat bread of any type and keep off the usual culprits, junk etc. Saturday nights I'll have quite a few vodkas and slim line tonics, sundays I'll have a bit of what I want but nothing like what I would have eaten before with a hangover! I have to say, the few times I did have a bad carb fest on a Sunday I could put on anything between 4-7 lbs overnight. Trousers of truth would be v tight on the Monday morning and I would be melting my co workers heads about it, by the following Friday they'd be loose again. Water weight and lots of it. As I said I did the carb fest a few times and then realised it's not worth it. I mean it only would take me 30seconds or less to scoff something really sugary/carby and for what. To feel rubbish the next few days.:( I understand other peoples frustration at us using LT and the like but at the end of the day it's what changed my life. People diss it because they don't know enough about it. I've read other reports from doctors who have done it. I'm no doc but my advice is if you're going to do WW which is great and does work for lots of people, all be it alot slower than LT, just be careful of your carb intake. Get the majority of your carbs from veggies, green leafy type and fruit. Leave the bread and pasta for those who it doesn't affect. I hope I've been of some help. Just because you feel you have been rail roaded into leaving it, don't give up. Write out a plan for yourself if you can. I to this day still write everything down that I eat. Best of Luck.

Hello Slaterslady,

Sorry to hear you are feeling down in the dumps about the whole thing, could you not continue but on a higher plan like the 1000kcal one??

I am stopping CD at the weekend for my holiday and I will start doing low GI as I know that too many white carbs makes me gain weight or bloat me out.

I have also done calorie counting via Weight Loss Resources and it is fab and way cheaper than CD.

Just want to wish you luck in your weight loss journey and I do hope you feel better soon!!! :grouphugg:

Hi oisin

Its not the ssing thats the problem for me I am finding it easy to stick too -its the constant blooming pressure off my husband and family that I am damaging my body. At first I had the energy to take them on about it but I have just lost the will to argue anymore. The other problem is that in their eyes (unlike some brill people on here) I ahven't had fantastic high weight losses so they fell I would lose just as much eating and exercising on another plan. My husbands final concern is that I am due to start another nursing placement soon where I will be doing 12 hour shifts moving patients around etc on 410 cals - so I guess he is just worried. :( Oh god I'm so lost I don't know what to do? fall out with my entire family or go onto another plan :( :(

oh hun if your really need to do this and feel that your husband and parents will only stop if you stop then you tell them that you will start a diet like WW but only if they let you follow the maintainance steps of CD that way you wont gain any and wil be totally ready to start WW around step 4
xx good luck and only do what is righ for you and no one else :)
xx

Can I ask why you stopped doing CD Nicky? Or is that really nosey?!

The main reason was I suffer with GAD (general anxiety disorder) which means I suffer from Anxiety attacks. Unfortunately CD hightened the problem for me, due to this I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't able to go to work without having a panic attack each morning and eventually I collapsed. I spoke to my CDC who advised me to take a break from CD until things calmed down. Funnily enough CD has "reset" my system. I haven't had a panic attack since coming off CD and my body feels 'right' again. I may go back to CD at a later date but for the moment I am losing with SW and enjoying the way of life. xx

At the end of the day hun its your body and your decision, i know your family and hubby is only looking out for you but if you want to loose the weight you are like all of us doing it for you!!
I have to refrain from telling my family im doing it cause they would react the same only my hubby knows im doing it as im not prepared to put up with the hassle

Good luck on whatever you decide hun xx

Hi there

A lot of people have successfully made the move from CD to WW and continued to lose right from day one. A couple have maybe put a 1lb or 2 on the first week but have lost after that.

Its a hard decision for you to make. Good luck whatever you decide *HUGS*

The main reason was I suffer with GAD (general anxiety disorder) which means I suffer from Anxiety attacks. Unfortunately CD hightened the problem for me, due to this I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't able to go to work without having a panic attack each morning and eventually I collapsed. I spoke to my CDC who advised me to take a break from CD until things calmed down. Funnily enough CD has "reset" my system. I haven't had a panic attack since coming off CD and my body feels 'right' again. I may go back to CD at a later date but for the moment I am losing with SW and enjoying the way of life. xx

It sounds like you didn't have a very good time of it :(
Glad that everything seems to be going well now and that you are getting good losses with SW :) xx

Hi oisin

Its not the ssing thats the problem for me I am finding it easy to stick too -its the constant blooming pressure off my husband and family that I am damaging my body. At first I had the energy to take them on about it but I have just lost the will to argue anymore. The other problem is that in their eyes (unlike some brill people on here) I ahven't had fantastic high weight losses so they fell I would lose just as much eating and exercising on another plan. My husbands final concern is that I am due to start another nursing placement soon where I will be doing 12 hour shifts moving patients around etc on 410 cals - so I guess he is just worried. :( Oh god I'm so lost I don't know what to do? fall out with my entire family or go onto another plan :( :(

I guess it's understandable that your husband my be concerned for you :)
It doesn't mean you have to coem off CD completely. As others have said, why not move up the plans and find one that still gives you good losses and appeases your family :)
Best of luck :)

god the panic attacks must have been awful. I think i'm going to go to the ww meeting tonight see what they have got to say and If I still feel this upset about stopping cd (becuase I don't fell ready yet) I might tell them all to stuff it and carry on anyway and just hope I don't pass out when i'm on shift lol

It sounds like you didn't have a very good time of it :(
Glad that everything seems to be going well now and that you are getting good losses with SW :) xx

Thank you. Although coming off CD was the right choice for ME, I still had the draw of those huges losses you only really get with CD. It took a while for me to lose the feeling of quitting and being a failure. Thankfully I have a fantastic hubby who beared a shoulder for me when I needed it xx

Well done on your losses xx

god the panic attacks must have been awful. I think i'm going to go to the ww meeting tonight see what they have got to say and If I still feel this upset about stopping cd (becuase I don't fell ready yet) I might tell them all to stuff it and carry on anyway and just hope I don't pass out when i'm on shift lol

I think my problems were isolated to me rather than CD.

I will warn you, my SW leader did the whole VLCD are so bad for you lecture, so you may be better off not saying anything in terms of CD. Good Luck to you xx

wow i have been the same, sounds exactly like me!! BUT only when i am not on cd if this makes sense?

for some reason carbs (alot of) make my head all fuzzled and that causes my attacks :(

i also felt normal on sw red days, would love to go back to that now but am terrified of losing control, and eatin eating and well eating! :(

so am stickign to cd for another 2 weeks, if i cheat again i am saying goodbye and hellp to sw again in the hope i can control myself..

I felt so isolated with my GAD sometimes, its only recently that I have come to terms with it and talked about it. It's nice to know that we are not alone. Sorry I am hijacking this thread. xx

you see thats what i mean about the huge losses - you see I find it hard to argue with them all because majority of weeks im only losing 2 -3lbs even though im ss 100% and you seem to be doing that on SW??? So in a way I am a little frustrated that I haven't cheated once and i'm still not having losses like everyone else. I wonder if your body gets to a certain point where you begin to only lose small amounts xx

you see thats what i mean about the huge losses - you see I find it hard to argue with them all because majority of weeks im only losing 2 -3lbs even though im ss 100% and you seem to be doing that on SW??? So in a way I am a little frustrated that I haven't cheated once and i'm still not having losses like everyone else. I wonder if your body gets to a certain point where you begin to only lose small amounts xx

It isn't easy. I have to really work for my 2-3lbs per week. I dont eat Carbs, I exercise for 30mins 6 days a week so it is not an easy option. CD only says an average of 14lbs per month, you are near enough bang on that so you are successful. The smaller you get the smaller the losses though I think as you naturally have less to lose. I am 16st so I have a lot to lose.

Back