Ive done it! Swapped from LL to CD!

Hi Red, yes i've done a straight switch & I'm allowed bars (just had my first choc one and it was lush)

Dawn xx

Hey, good to hear from you! You sound so positive, I'm very pleased for you.

(might be joining you if I get chucked off LL for having too low blood pressure today!)

Hi
if you have been SSing for a while then your CDC should allow bars , mix a mouse etc straight away as they only limit them to help you get into Ketosis at the beginning. I love the choc mint shake made into a mooose its delicious!, and dont get me started on the the bars I love them but have to ration myself to them as a treat becuase they are seriously addictive escpecially the peanut and the cranberry crunch they are just like real choc bars mmmmm.
I cant tell you the boost I have experienced by having so much choice now, I think you have to have done LL for a long time to fully appreciate how liberating it is to actaully have A CHOICE! lol
Anyway good luck to all you swappers out there, maybe we should start a special LL to CD swappers thread to chart our progress!
LOve HCW

I have also changed over but so far have found it difficult to get back into the swing of sole sourcing. So I have started a new ticker and to keep myself motivated will keep messaging. First day properly tomorrow-Wednesday!

Hi Lisa, looks like you have about the same amount of weight to lose as me. Keep at it! It'l be worth it. Its my 2nd day since switching from LL to CD and i've no regrets. Quite excited about trying all the flavours. The only thing that bothered me yesterday was that CD do 3 food packs a day whereas LL did 4 so it'll take a bit of getting used to but i'm confident that i'll be fine & I hope you will be too hun. Keep posting :)

Dawn xx

Well its official I am switching. Met my lovely new CDC Isobel last night and picked up packs. Will see out my reminaing LL packs so will officially be a CDer from next Saturday. I am doing a straight swap so no food break in between. I am quite excited now!

Hi Kerrie, u won't regret it, i promise. The flavours are so much nicer than LL in my opinion. Eating Spicy Tomato soup now and its gorgeous, yummy

Dawn xx

Hi Kerrie
So glad you have made the decision, so glad you like your CDC ,and you wil love the new flavours and bars, AND IT WONT BE BREAKING YOUR POOR STUDENT BANK ! LOL .
Dawn EWWWuew I hate spicy Tom its the work of the devil that stuff , but then I love the oriental chili and lots of peeps hate that! Good job we dont all ike the same though isnt it or thered be shortages! And dont forget Dawn that there is more in a cd pack so you could always split them and have 4 a day if that helps. I was lucky cos I am 5 foot 8 so I get 4 packs Yippee , so I am actaully getting the equiviant of nearly 5 LL packs and it dosent seem to adversely affecting my losses.
Good Luck all you Swappers!

Yep it is indeed Isobel1965, we spent part on the information session last night discussing how fab minis is! Have got last LL meeting tomorrow - haven't decided whether to mention not going back or save it for email as I know she won't like it but part of me wants to confront her if she chooses to act that way. See how brave I feel tomorrow! Thanks for all the advice, I am so glad I decided to switch!

Hello all who posted a couple of weeks ago !!
Can you give me an update to how you are now doing on the CD. I'm in my fourth week of LL and struggling badly with the flavours of the packs, am down to two shakes and one soup and one bar, think I'm going to go down to one shake flavour as the strawberry is making me gag now :wave_cry:. I can't see me managing another 10 weeks like this, I know there are people who do the whole of foundation on one thing but i know i couldn't do this myself. I don't want to break the diet as I have lost a stone so am considering Cd as an alternative. Are the packs or flavours any better ? Hope someone is lurking .....

Hi,
I managed 16 weeks on LL and I must admit I was down to a raspberry or strawberry shake at breakfast mushroom and chilli everyday for luch or dinner and half a banana made into a custard with half a nut bar crumbled on top! Hated the other bars and flavours and we only got banana and strawberry in the middle of may before then it was even worse!
CD flavours are better and more choice and you wont belive how gorgeous the bars are and the tetras plus you can make shakes into mousse for a change (and at about £20 cheaper per week) .
You wont get the group counselling though , so depends on how much you are getting out of it really.
Good Luck

I'd recommend the CD over LL on my personal experience. Without the counselling I feel so much more relaxed especially with all the gorgeous flavours to choose from & of course the price difference. Obviously the counselling aspect of LL is essential for some but if you find it unhelpful to the point where you feel totally stressed out maybe u could consider CD. Hope this helps,

Dawn xx

Hi Handbag Queen

This is my first post though I've been reading Minis for a while now! I'm on week 11 and I'm feeling just like you. The nut bar is disgusting and every other one gives me a migraine as soon as I eat it, so the bars are completely out for me. I'm down to thai chilli made into crisps, banana shake and mushroom soup. I am so bored with the same stuff and never being able to have a bar! I completely sympathise! I have another 10 weeks to go which feels like a life sentence. One of the reasons I've stayed with LL so far has been for the management side of things. Can any of the CD counsellors/CDers who been through management on Minis give us an idea of how management works on CD so we can tell if it's safe to make the change? Also, is the Cambridge stuff vegetarian?

Thanks!
F

Frejja

There is another thread on the CD board/discussion which I had added to about changing over, it's quite good, Heaven can wait has been very helpful (as I think everyone is on here:)) she has been honest. i can't believe you have done ten weeks :superwoman:when I'm having problems after 4.I don't want to give up the diet as truthfully the fact that choices are made for you food wise helps so much. Emailed my local CDC and she is going away for some hols,so have decided to try another couple of weeks so i don't feel like I'm copping out and then I will decide. Going to a drop in to change some flavours. U are quite close to the end of foundation, what about using CD for development as some others have?? but then again the flavours... or lack of :sigh:

Hi Handbag Queen

You're right, I am almost in Development. I started in my group on the third week so my Foundation group finishes this week altho' I am only on week 11. I find this very confusing as my final 3 wks in Foundation will actually be in a development group:confused:. Then I have at least another 7 wks to lose all the weight that's left.

You are probably right to give it another go as it's early days for you yet. Have you tried the thai chilli crisps..they've saved my sanity in the last few days!

These type of diets are brilliant for weight loss but you do end up very confused about what to do for the best!

I'm thinking I will wait until after I've attended my first devt meeting, in 8 days, before I make a decision. The ideal for me would be if I could just substitute a CD bar for an LL one as it's the lack of bars which is killing me! If I have a long work meeting, I have to go all day with just water as I can't make up the packs and can't have a bar!

I shouldn't be moaning cos I've lost nearly 4 stone but I just don't know how long I can last on just 3 flavours! Let me know how you get on!
F:D

Back