ive failed :(

LouMo

ok so my 1st day didnt go well at all i got right up until dinner had spag bol couldnt stomach it, made tomato soup..same! made porridge...same! so I gave in :( i only seem to like the shakes and choc bar so i dont know wether to give it another bash 2moro or just give up :S x

Hi Lou, sounds to me as though you have not mentally prepared yourself for this, the first few days are extremely difficult I think you need to be focused and prepared for the fact its not an easy diet to follow, all VLCD's are hard and take a lot of will power.

I would give yourself a couple of days and then get prepared mentally to start and make sure you get up in time, have a shake for your breakfast at breakfast time and then have spag bol for dinner etc by this time you should be able to stomach it. Its easy to give up if you don't have the right frame of mind but once you get past the first few days it gets a lot easier xx

I wasnt prepared in the sense that I had no idea how the food tasted I should maybe have got testers first so I knew what I liked etc. I totally agree with you. I think it hit me that that was going to be my life for the nextfew months an as I only likes the shakes made it alot harder I dont know what I thought the meals would taste like but not as bad as they were! Im going to give it a go 2moro again. If I leave it too long I might give up totally. Just wasted alot of money on these packs I dont need now. Thanks for replying :) x

Its not a waste if you just use the meals 1 per day you can grin and bear it if it means losing weigh yes? I think most people say "I would eat anything if i could lose weight" and with this you will lose the weight very quickly. I love the spag bol as most do on here, dont fancy the tomato soup like but I think if you tried it again with a more positive attitude you could at least get through it until your next order, especially when you see the weight coming off.

Good luck hun xx

Ok the meals etc arent as good as real food n people who have never done a vlcd may think they will be amazing as we tend to rave about them on here a bit lol But after living off just shakes for a bit, a mealpack for me tastes great, and i can imagine if u try just shakes for a while then try ur meals again u may enjoy it more. Did u try them with ur veg? As in a few mushrooms chopped in to spag bol or some chilli n pepper etc, makes a dif for me. Its the hardest n most restrictive diet ive been on, but the looses are amazing and addictive, it spurs you on. xx

LouMo it's entirely possible to live off shakes and bars on this diet but it is a big lifestyle change and you have to want to do it more than you want the taste of real food. The losses are huge and addictive and that's why most of us manage to stick to it. I don't believe there is anyone on this diet who will say that they prefer the taste of the meal packs to real food. They're just a means to an end. A VLCD is not for everyone though. You just need to decide whether it's the diet for you. As Girlsbig says you can use them up by replacing 1 or 2 meals a day with the packs and following something like calorie counting where the losses won't be as big. Or maybe sell them on EBay.

Thanks everyone going for it again 2day just a shame ill need 2 do day 1 again but ill get there! I know what im in for now. Just hope i am able to get the other packs exchanged x

Everyone has covered the main points but the main thing is the mental preparation i think. The meaks are easier when you havd veg and i try and have stronger flavours like broccoli with the ones i don't like. I have dond vlcd 2 times before, once list 4 stone and was in the right head space, the other list 10lbs but lacked the readiness nd gave up in a week. It has to be your choice but as has been said the losses are what spurs you on and the first few days are the hardest.

Thanks everyone Im 2 stone away from my healthy bmi altho i would like to loose another stone so ive just got to keep the thought that i will do it in no time if i stick to it :) then maintenance will probably be the hard part! X

I used to hate the taste of liver, hated that my step mum used to cook it once a week, I would literally gag while eating it. But I was always taught to be polite, and if someone cooks for you, eat the damn food! She used to do heaps of veg's with it, and I love veg's, I started by breaking down the meat and mixing it in, It became bearable. It took some time but I eventually got used to the taste of it, and then I actually liked it.

I think if you can get your head in the right place, think about why you are doing it, and keep persisting with the products then eventually your taste buds will catch up with your head. As the others have said, you can stick to your fave products and rotate between them, and once the losses start I am sure you will stick.

I am just waiting for my order, if I get it and I hate the taste, I will have to stick, if I don't do this I will never do it.

VLCD may not be for you, but if you give it a good try, then at least you know for sure. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Hi!

I know exactly how you feel! I did Exante for a while last year and when I first started I couldn't stand ANY of it. I literally had to force everything down and in the end couldn't do a full day so I would have 2 shakes and a low carb meal. It still worked! I've put on a few lbs over Xmas, (which I'm working off now!) but I lost 1st 11lbs in quite a short space of time.

I found once I'd been doing it for a while, my tastes had changed, in the end I liked all the shakes. Still not keen on the bars though but maybe one day :)

Maybe try just having the packs you like for a few weeks and then go back to the ones you don't like. Someone told me to think about the packs as medicine. It will get rid of the weight and make you better.

I'm starting S&S on Monday, so don't know what any of them taste like yet. I'm ordering a bit of everything and try them as I go along.

You certainly haven't failed though! You're trying to loose weight, so no matter how many attempts it takes, you ARE doing it!

Good Luck xx

It's more common than you think.....when I was on LT....I literally could only stomach one flavour shake....it was awful....but within two weeks I loved them all....weird...it's was like my taste buds changed!

Ha, when I was on LT I hated everything except the choc shake (and even that wasn't great). I didn't like any of the others from start to finish but I still kept it up for 4 months on 3 chocolate shakes per day as I was in the 'zone' and determined to lose the weight. I lost 5 stone. I can still smell the LT chicken soup now - put me off powdered chicken soup for life! :)

Haha @ BG you can still smell it now lol Oh dear do we have these lovely things to look forward to, oh well, can also look forward to weight loss, that beats all the cons everytime I reckon. 5 stone in 4 months is amazing! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any skin issues at all? This is my only worry really with doing a vlcd xx

No, I had no skin issues at all. That was 6 years ago tho. Not sure how my skin will be 6 years later at the end of this diet (I still have 2 stone to go). I'm not trying for a really low weight tho so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.

The S&S soups aren't too bad to be honest but I don't use them often as my routine is a shake, a bar and a meal.

HI LouMo, i was the exact same when i did lipotrim. Those shakes were disgusting! But eventually i got to like one flavour and lived for 5 months on chocolate with the occasional strawberry. then after i decided to come off it and started to eat normal food i found i liked things i didnt before like tomatoes.
I also read in a baby artical on weening that it takes a child at least 16 times to get to like a new taste. Maybe its the same for us?
Good luck tomorrow and just think of the results!! x

Back