I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!! TARGET!

Brilliant "thinspirational" story! You look fantastic!

I was delighted to see you maintained it for over 2 years! Did you notice a lot of saggy skin - did it tighten up over the next two years?

Just want to say fabulous work darling and no more of the keep on going LADIES in your posts as now there is a gentleman stalking you as well :)

I just wanted to say that you are an inspiration - I think I am going to print out your list of tips and stick them to the door of my fridge! Your will power and determination really are admirable, and you look fantastic!

I'm into my 2nd week of Slimming World, and will try and remember your advice about checking the calories occasionally - I'm not sure I always trust myself when it comes to portion control. I'm also planning on buying myself a nice top, or some kind of pampering treat, like some smellies (LUSH is my weakness!) when I get to my half stone/stone, etc. awards or when I drop a dress size. Hopefully I can, one day, fit into size 10 clothes again.

Thank you for such a lovely, positive post, and for some really helpful advice. X

Thanks for all your kind words : )

Am still here and after a HEAVY Christmas of eating I've got some work to do! I'm back at the gym doing my running so that'll help. I'm about 6lbs over my target weight so nothing too bad.

Food wise, I've been following the zoe harcombe plan for ages now and really recommend it. Three meals a day, no snacks . No bread pasta or potatoes. And it's brilliant for keeping you full but not bloated. Have a look!

I'll be back with a pic when I've lost these pesky 6lbs!

Keep on keeping on folks!

Yes I don't see the point in rewarding with food, rather reward myself with a treat or some new clothes or the like.

Hi Greta,

It's so fab to read about your losses and maintenance - I love that you're so honest about maintenance being the more difficult part.

I got to 1/2st away from target (on CWP) and decided to move up the steps...2 months of faffing and cheating and not sticking with it - i'm nearer 1st away from target.

Reading this has given me that bit of a boost which I needed and i'll hopefully soon be with you facing real maintenance challenges!

xx

image-1442428613.jpg

Thanks for your kind words! Still here and still maintaining ... I've been strict for a few weeks and brought myself back in line

Great advice, amazing motivation!! I don't know what else to say. I'm off to take some before pictures NOW so that I can look back and feel as happy as I'm sure you do <3 well done

HI GetaGrip
Nice pics, nice weight loss! good advice!

and you are keeping it up!

Just wanted to share my success story with you all - in the hope it will motivate someone. I will attach some pics as well.

Some of you may have read my diary - most of you won't have : )

On May 21st 2011 I weighed 15 stone 3 lbs. I am 5 foot 4 and this was obviously far too heavy for my frame. I wore a lot of leggings and tunic tops < which I would never personally choose to wear > and always felt uncomfortable because I love make up and doing my hair etc and it all felt so pointless when I looked in the mirror and was never happy.

I joined a gym and got a Personal Trainer and by November I was 13 stone. I then ate like a mad thing over christmas and weighed in at 13 stone 12lbs on January 21st 2012. I then faffed about a bit calorie counting and on June 30th I was 12 stone 4 and a chubby size 14.

I then decided to get rid of the weight once and for all. I had been overweight for over 6 years < since the birth of my second child > and I needed to be slim once more for ME. I found a Cambridge Diet Counsellor and I did 'Sole Source' for almost 8 weeks. I won't pretend that this was easy or that I enjoyed every moment but it worked. I am now 9 stone 13 and for me , that is TARGET!!! I am size 10 now and intend to stay this way. I'd like to chip away at another couple of pounds and I am now back in the gym every day and eating carefully.

I am proof that you CAN lose weight - I have lost over 5 stone in a variety of ways over the past 15 months. I read a lot of people's diaries and found them either motivating or I identified with them. Here are my top tips for weight loss and motivation - well, they worked for me so maybe someone can take something from them too...

1 . Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard.

2. Write down what you will do once you are slimmer. For me, it was wearing belts with tops tucked in, feeling comfortable in a vest top, buying size 10 clothes and buying what I wanted to wear - not what would fit or cover me up. I love mini skirt with opaques, vests and 'trendy' clothes. I can now wear them.

3. Read all the diaries on here. Log on here often and have a read through. Join a couple of diaries or start your own. Chat with folk who understand what you're battling.

4. Think of the health benefits. At 15 stone I started to get heartburn and my knees hurt slightly. This all stopped as soon as I dropped under 14 stone.

5. Do not fool yourself. Make the commitment. And making that commitment means making sacrifices. No, you can't have 'days off' every week or exceed your points every other day or eat a load of chocolate and expect to lose weight. it won't happen. Be tough with yourself and remind yourself why you're doing this. Why ARE you doing it?

6. Regardless of the plan you are following, ALWAYS keep a small eye on your calorie intake. Now, this, I know, is controversial. ' Oh but I am on Slimming World and we never count calories! '.... you should. I have done SW myself and like the principles but the fact remains - if you eat a load of rice and pasta as 'free' foods your weight loss will stall. Same for carbs, white ones especially. Don't eat carbs every meal.

7. Reward yourself for every week's weight loss. And no, not with a bag of Minstrels. A nail polish, a new top, a manicure, a book, some earrings, a lip gloss.

So, that's how I did it and what motivated me. I hope it inspires someone.

How incredibly inspiring....well done

You are absolutey right that "being overweight is hard"....Looking at yourself in changing room mirrors and being shocked at the size of your bottom in the rear mirror is no fun, getting out of breath running two yards for a bus sucks, having to think about whether an outfit fit rather than if you like it, is the pits, wearing black in the summer because you hope you look thinner is soul destroying....I am desperate to see my waist again and wear a vest top tucked into a pair of jeans, really keen to see my shoulder bones and i lost my cheekbones a while ago but would be good to say Hi....

My stomach has been trying to meet my knees for some time now and last week I said Enough!! I'm day 7 now with my first weigh in tomorrow, im hoping for marvellous things....

Thanks again for the above and for your other post where you said, "get up every morning, don't cheat and get the job done..".....

Many, many thanks

Gretagrip, your thread is such an inspirational read. Thanks so much for posting it. I will check out your diary too.

Just tried to find your diary but can't!! I think you mentioned your username is slightly chubby girl slim on this thread earlier. Can you point me in the right direction please! Thanks.

Hello! Thanks for your comments

No diary now, alas. I deleted it for reasons I can't quite recall now. I may start a new one at some point though

Back