I've got what might sound like a stupid question about heels..

Caz

Repeat Offender
I was wondering about something, I can probably guess but want to check! At the moment I can wear heels (as in over a couple of inches) and they're ok but I do find that after a little while (not that long really) they kill my feet! So big heels all day is either a no no or only if I'm not going to be walking and running all over the place!

I'm thinking that as I lose weight there's less pressure and weight on my feet and so they'll be a lot more comfortable for longer. Or am I just kidding myself and heels aren't for me? Has anyone found that as they've lost weight they've been able to wear heels more comfortably?

I hope so, otherwise heels aren't for me either.

Though, I do have very tall thin friends who can't wear heels as they have larger feet and heels hurt them as well, they would be weighing around 70ish kg.

Have you ever tried wearing the gel pad inserts? They make wearing heels a little more bearable, I swear by them whenever I've had to bite the bullet and wear heels

No I haven't actually, I've meant to but never have. I'll give them a try! I just can't tell whether heels aren't for me or whether it's my weight. Or maybe a mixture of the two! Well we'll soon find out I suppose!

Caroline I don't know the answer but keen to know too!! Would love to wear heels more and feel more "ladylike"!!! but they really kill my feet too. x

I wear heels all day every day (3"), even when I go shopping, I cannot wear flat shoes. I then wear higher heels when I go out. I have never found that my weight gain / loss effects this.

Aren't your feet ever in pain Mia? Or do you just handle it, perhaps I'm just weak, but the burning that I get in the balls of my feet after wearing heels is just insane (though the pads make this cushier and I last a little longer)

I've always assumed this was a weight thing because all my weight was bearing on the balls of my feet

I have found that when I only wear heels occasionally, by the end of the night the balls of my feet burning like I am tap dancing on fire and the next day my feet feel sore and stiff. However if I wear heels for half an hour every other day, my feet and balls seem to get used to the position and when I go out on a night I can boogie the night away just fine. It only takes a couple of weeks to get your feet exercised and ready for heels lol.

You'll be happy to hear the answer is yes, well for me anyway, losing the weight has made a LOT of difference....

For about 2 years I was wearing flats, or at the most, kitten heels, but since I have lost weight, Im never out of my 3 - 4 inch heels, and Ive just bought these (pic should be attached) for a wedding at the end of June...:p

I now honestly cant bring myself to wear flats, brings back bad frumpy memories and I love the way my high heels make me look slimmer than I am! lol :D

Cat Bee x

Attachments

• Dune Shoes.jpg
    Dune Shoes.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 21
Hmm interesting! I thought it might be partly because I don't wear them very often, my feet just aren't used to them! I wear small heels a fair bit and my feet are ok with those. Maybe I should just start wearing my bigger heels around the house and let my feet get used to them. I've got something coming up in a couple of months and I'm debating whether I want to go for heels or converse with my skinny jeans. The fat me would probably say converse, though I do love them! But I'm just trying to make more of an effort and I think I'd feel more of an effort in heels and would just feel nicer about myself maybe. But then I'm going to be on my feet a lot that evening running around taking photographs, which is where the thought of converse or even just flats seems appealing! Though if they kill my feet too much I could take them off stick them in the dressing room and run around bare foot!

Drool, I am loving them shoes...being such a shoe tart lol.
These are my latest buys -
240x360prodtemplate

I am waiting until I lose three stone before I wear them though...one of my little treats to keep me going. :D

Oh and I love those shoes Cat! And well done on your amazing losses!

Gaynor where are those shoes from? I recognise them!

Hurrah! Great news! And those heels are so cute too.

Also practicing for a small part of the day in heels might be a good idea too perhaps I need to just adjust to them, thanks GaynorEm!

They are from Littlewoods catalogue Caroline, they are called "Moda In Pelle "Carrie" leather peep toe shoes " so I imagine they are Sex and the City inspired.

Aren't your feet ever in pain Mia?

No, not really, sometimes my toes pinch but that's becasue I've got funny shaped feet :D and my toes curl over. If I wear flat shoes I get pain in the back of my calves, like stretching. I can wear trainers for a while, but those lovely flat shoes that everyone wears are a no no for me. I would love to be able to wear them, but I admit, heels do look more feminine.

I can now wear heals woo hoo. they used to kill me so yes it made a huge diffrence to me plus ive gone down 1.5 shoe sizes how strange is that youll be wearing those killer heals very soon!

Back