I've hit target - whoo hoo!

sorry to interrupt but I'm sure my c said a couple of months ago theres a new booklet on maintaining given to all target members, have seen a few ben given out so its worth asking! I\m pretty sure the advice is to up your healthy extras (not your syns!) x

krupskaya said:
Well done HP Sauce! I didn't get any advice from my C at all. Well apart from her saying 'keep coming to class'! I've read on here that people are advised to eat an extra HEb. What will you do?

Thanks! I'm not really sure, I was so excited that I just sort of assumed I would carry on as I was and then someone pointed out I am meant to be maintaining lol.

I like the sound of an extra B but I may also allow myself more syns instead on a weekend. Nothing too mad, maybe an extra 5 or something and see how I get on.

It's a scary thought, I really don't want to gain!

Well done you! It's great to hear when people reach their goal weights...I just can't wait to get to mine;)

Yes ask your consultant for the target member booklet. And increase your HE's but as I said before its very much a trial and error to see what works for you. I find it quite difficult but have managed now for quite a long time, and I feel great now! x

Congrats from one Target member to another!
I set a Target 3 times the first one came & went without stopping! the second I almost stopped but this third one I've maintained for about 10 weeks now but I do find it hard to maintain. I've increased my He's and I do have a "cheat" treat sometimes but it's a lot harder for me than loosing weight, I had a weekend away and left SW at home, enjoyed myself, came back on plan and still lost 1/2 lb!
Good luck.
Pete

I find it hard too to be honest. Going to class today and hoping I have put on a bit as I dont want to start paying again, and desparately want my diamond in November. Its very much an up and down game and the 3 lbs up and down from target figure is quite hard to keep to I feel, specially as we all have holidays etc. Oh well, will see what the scales say. :)

I find it hard too to be honest. Going to class today and hoping I have put on a bit as I dont want to start paying again, and desparately want my diamond in November. Its very much an up and down game and the 3 lbs up and down from target figure is quite hard to keep to I feel, specially as we all have holidays etc. Oh well, will see what the scales say. :)

Yes, it seems a bit tricky. WW allow you 5lbs either side of target which is a lot more generous and seems more sensible to me. Good luck Hollys Nan and let us know how you get on.

It's so hard to believe that it's difficult to stick to the lower limit of the target weight when it feels like a struggle to get there but i have heard of so many target members struggling in this way. There are a few in the group i go to.

However it does make me wonder for those people if your body is actually saying it would be more comfortable at that lower weight and it may be easier to maintain and stay within it if it was reset. Especially if you have increased Hex's and perhaps introduced a few more syns. Not sure if that makes sense and I can understand that it is not a healthy premise for people who perhaps have had trouble in the past with keeping to a healthy weight through restrictive eating disorders.

I honestly cannot ever imagine it being a problem for me as my problem in the past has been that I get to goal and think "Wey hey I can eat what I like!!!" then I stop going to group and pile it all back on but I understand that if you maintain properly it can be tricky. Is there adequate support for people maintaining? I have heard of the booklet that has been introduced recently for maintaining but again that's a new thing.

I think there has always been support for maintainers but those maintainers need to stay to group for the support. So many members leave when they get to target and then old habits can creep back in. Consultants always say that target members are an important part of any group.

The booklet is a new introduction, as is the diamond pin, but the advice has always been to increase healthy extras.

jaylou said:
I think there has always been support for maintainers but those maintainers need to stay to group for the support. So many members leave when they get to target and then old habits can creep back in. Consultants always say that target members are an important part of any group.

The booklet is a new introduction, as is the diamond pin, but the advice has always been to increase healthy extras.

I am definitely staying to group when I get to target this time cos it's been my downfall in the past. Also staying to image therapy even though I find the help on here more appropriate for me. Trying to do everything different this time. Even thought of trying to get a bit more involved and offer help to the social team just to make sure I don't repeat all my past mistakes. Think I must have gotten to goal half a dozen times in different diets in the past and don't think I've ever maintained for more than a week!

I myself am on the social team so obviously go and stay every single week. And yes I did gain, phew! Mind last week I wore a tee shirt, this week I had a jogging top on over a tee shirt, then took it off after weigh in. Gained 2lbs, so probably 1lb true weight. It is very much a juggling act, I know the next week will be extremely hard as I am on holiday so I know I will go the other way, got quite a few lbs to play with before out of range though. May not weigh in the first week or two back!

Back