ive just had an idea........

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by susan70, 17 September 2008 Social URL.

1. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    i was reading a thread on here about the bars not being filling etc, I agree i could eat more than 1 at a time so I have removed the bars from my house so I cant have them but just thought when my cdc comes (every 2 weeks) I could order just 1 bar and have it as a treat when hes gone , a special treat once a fortnight, something to look forward to.

What do you think?? godd idea or bad??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ZoBo

ZoBo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm going to stay away from the bars as I've heard they can slow down your weight loss if you are sensitive to them.

I didn't lose an oz when I had the bars on Atkins, so I'd rather not know what I'm missing with the CD bars....

4. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think that's a good idea. It's only one bar every two weeks so it shouldn't slow you down and yes it's nice to have something to look forward to. I can't have the bars. The 2 weeks in a row that I lost 2 pounds a week were the 2 weeks when I had a bar a day.

5. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

I think it's a good idea hun...when i first did cd i didn't have bars til week 3 and even then i limited myself to 3 a week. Every time i have tried to re-start i have used bars and ended up having more (cos i bought in bulk). Big mistake cos here i am again but this time i'm doing it how i originally did and when i get back to week 3 i'll limit myself. I do love the bars but think some people are sensitive to them and well i find the whole chewing/saliva thing just stimulates my appetite. Why don't you get 2 a week and have one as a treat after your weigh in and the other as a weekend treat or something?xx

6. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Yes the weeks ive had a bar each day seem to be slow loss weeks and like i said I want more after, also if i bought more than 1 I would need to eat them.

:confused:funny because I have a box of mini mars, snickers etc in the kitchen and they dont bother me at all but if I had a box of cd choc bars in the kitchen I would have to eat them:confused:

So I think it would be a good compromise and something to look forward to.xx

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    You have a box of mini mars bars in your kitchen :eek:? Where do you live?!!

Funny I ran out of bars (Caramel is the one I get as that is my favourite) and although I see my CDC weekly, we weren't meeting this week as we were both away. However, I think she gets back today and I am just thinking about calling her tomorrow to get more bars as I really don't like the tetras and am keeping them for when I really need them.

I lost 3 lbs this week, which I am really pleased about, so the bars are not slowing my weight loss. And I think I have them under control now -- half with my afternoon coffee and and still have half to look forward to with my mid-evening coffee.

Really missed my half of bar this afternoon, and I'm not particularly less hungry for it. Even if I do make it to next week, I think I would get a limited amount of bars.

We need something to look forward to on this diet I reckon!!

8. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    hehe frances you will have to fight hubby and 2 kids for the mars bars.lol

well done on your losses.xx

9. MR2_Owner

MR2_Owner Doing Slimming World

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only have about 3 bars a week - I love the caramel ones, but I think of them as 'treats' :)

I wouldnt say they affect my losses at all - but then everyone is different and some are sensitive when some arent.

10. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have a bar every day for lunch - getting worried now!!!!

11. Scarlett

Scarlett Full Member

Last time (first time) I did CD I had a choc orange bar or choc bar every night and thoroughly enjoyed it with a glass of sparkling water!!! Everyone is different but it did not slow my weight loss, it always averaged out to 3lbs a week over the month.

Treat yourself! CD style!:p

12. thinkthincd

thinkthincd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have them everyday and i don't think its made a difference to my loss, but i only have the peanut ones. I love them as they are much higher in fibre than the soups and shakes.

xx

13. ctdexw

ctdexw Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    I havnt tried one yet - very tempting!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.