ive just had an idea........

susan70

Gold Member
i was reading a thread on here about the bars not being filling etc, I agree i could eat more than 1 at a time so I have removed the bars from my house so I cant have them but just thought when my cdc comes (every 2 weeks) I could order just 1 bar and have it as a treat when hes gone , a special treat once a fortnight, something to look forward to.

What do you think?? godd idea or bad??

I'm going to stay away from the bars as I've heard they can slow down your weight loss if you are sensitive to them.

I didn't lose an oz when I had the bars on Atkins, so I'd rather not know what I'm missing with the CD bars....

I think that's a good idea. It's only one bar every two weeks so it shouldn't slow you down and yes it's nice to have something to look forward to. I can't have the bars. The 2 weeks in a row that I lost 2 pounds a week were the 2 weeks when I had a bar a day.

I think it's a good idea hun...when i first did cd i didn't have bars til week 3 and even then i limited myself to 3 a week. Every time i have tried to re-start i have used bars and ended up having more (cos i bought in bulk). Big mistake cos here i am again but this time i'm doing it how i originally did and when i get back to week 3 i'll limit myself. I do love the bars but think some people are sensitive to them and well i find the whole chewing/saliva thing just stimulates my appetite. Why don't you get 2 a week and have one as a treat after your weigh in and the other as a weekend treat or something?xx

Yes the weeks ive had a bar each day seem to be slow loss weeks and like i said I want more after, also if i bought more than 1 I would need to eat them.

:confused:funny because I have a box of mini mars, snickers etc in the kitchen and they dont bother me at all but if I had a box of cd choc bars in the kitchen I would have to eat them:confused:

So I think it would be a good compromise and something to look forward to.xx

You have a box of mini mars bars in your kitchen :eek:? Where do you live?!!

Funny I ran out of bars (Caramel is the one I get as that is my favourite) and although I see my CDC weekly, we weren't meeting this week as we were both away. However, I think she gets back today and I am just thinking about calling her tomorrow to get more bars as I really don't like the tetras and am keeping them for when I really need them.

I lost 3 lbs this week, which I am really pleased about, so the bars are not slowing my weight loss. And I think I have them under control now -- half with my afternoon coffee and and still have half to look forward to with my mid-evening coffee.

Really missed my half of bar this afternoon, and I'm not particularly less hungry for it. Even if I do make it to next week, I think I would get a limited amount of bars.

We need something to look forward to on this diet I reckon!!

hehe frances you will have to fight hubby and 2 kids for the mars bars.lol

well done on your losses.xx

I only have about 3 bars a week - I love the caramel ones, but I think of them as 'treats' :)

I wouldnt say they affect my losses at all - but then everyone is different and some are sensitive when some arent.

I have a bar every day for lunch - getting worried now!!!!

Last time (first time) I did CD I had a choc orange bar or choc bar every night and thoroughly enjoyed it with a glass of sparkling water!!! Everyone is different but it did not slow my weight loss, it always averaged out to 3lbs a week over the month.

Treat yourself! CD style!:p

I have them everyday and i don't think its made a difference to my loss, but i only have the peanut ones. I love them as they are much higher in fibre than the soups and shakes.

xx

Back