I've just joined... hello :) ....time to lose those blubbery folds of fat.

Hello everyone... I'm a newbie here.
I'm having one of those ''right - that's it! I'm going to start eating healthy and exercising more starting today'' days.
:sigh:

I go through stages of eating and exercising as I should and then give up because I lose motivation. I don't go on specific diets, I just eat less and exercise more.

I'm overweight, according to my BMI which is a disgusting 28.1

I jog now and again, I walk every once in a while and I include fish, veg, fruit in my diet.
But my exercise isn't consistent and I have days where I eat WAY too much.

I was once able to lose 1 stone in weight when I put my mind to it. I didn't eat biscuits, chocolate or anything for 2 months! TWO MONTHS! But then xmas arrived.... say no more.

I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here and finding out some tips and tricks to losing weight and keeping it off.... :)

hey, My bmi is a lot higher than yours. Don't be so hard on yourself. Sounds like you have a lot of what you need. The issue is sticking to it. Do you know why?
Some people see food as a treat, or reward, some people just like the feeling of being full.

I think keeping it off is the hard part. When its raining and you don't feel like the gym or going out. I guess you just got to think about it. You know yourself better than anyone.
I've never managed to keep weight off :( so not really got any good advice sorry lol

Hello, yes I just noticed we're both Scottish lassies! :p

Thanks for the reply. I don't know why I can't stick to my healthier ways... it could simply just be a lack of routine. I'm just finishing college and moving out/getting a job this summer, so i'm hoping to sort myself out and get in to a routine where I'm sticking to the same eating and exercising regime...

I just hate seeing old photos from one, two, three years ago and realising how much bigger i've got!

I'm Scottish too and my bmi is also much higher than 28.1, infact one of my goals is to just be considered overweight and not morbidly obese as my bmi suggests lol.

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6
Wk 2 - -1.5 half stone award :)

I'm Scottish too and my bmi is also much higher than 28.1, infact one of my goals is to just be considered overweight and not morbidly obese as my bmi suggests lol.

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6

Hey, nice to meet you. That's fair enough, you seem to have done great so far! :)
I think BMI calculators are horrible things... but i guess they give us a guide.

Thank you. They are ridiculous. I'm a 5ft 8 hammer thrower who is pretty active but to be in normal bmi range I need to lose 5 stone! Lol

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6

Thank you. They are ridiculous. I'm a 5ft 8 hammer thrower who is pretty active but to be in normal bmi range I need to lose 5 stone! Lol

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6

But don't you think that, when people do sports like you do, they can be excused from the normal BMI calculation? Like you said, you're active... it's not like you do nothing... :)

I do, but yet it's still what society choose to measure people by. Lol. I actually just find it amusing.

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6

aw yeah bmi is horrid, and morbidly obese is a really horrid term. I know what you mean about routine. I find at exam season everything is a mess. I can't get to the gym I eat rubbish while revising. And when assessments are due in. But I plan to be better this year.

Back