I've just realized!

curvesncurls

I seem to be surrounded by death this week. Came back from hols on Sat to be told that a good friend of my mother's, she's been like a granny to me, was close to death. We went to see her on Monday and she passed on Tuesday morning. An absolute lady - born years before her time, modern and forward thinking - RIP.

On Monday evening, we got news that another friend of the family had died after a long illness. RIP.

This thread does get better - promise! SO this morning, I was hunting for clothes for the funerals (today and tomorrow), when I realised that I've no such thing as a pair of black trousers. Considering my going out wardrobe consisted of black trousers and various tops before I lost the weight, I'm kinda speechless. This is like a basic staple - but I've not even missed them until now. I wore a grey Bravissimo dress in a size 16 and it looked well, even if my arse is still huge in comparision with the rest of me. A guy at the funeral who hasn't seen me since I was a child told me I was like Doris Day's daughter (think that's a compliment)!

The point was hit home even further when I met a teenager I know and she asked me if I'd been at a funeral. When I said I had, I asked her how she knew. She told me that I was in grey and that I never wear dark colours, I'm always lovely and bright. This put me in such good form at a sad time - 'cos I've spent about 15 years in black and black alone - hey, times must have been a-changin!!!

Sorry about the sadness but feel good for you that you had no black in your wardrobe. That is a real step forward.........

Thanks Sue! The deaths are the bittersweet kind - two lovely people worn down with illness. They're not suffering any longer. Both lived their lives to the full - a lesson for all of us. xx

Back