Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I've just realized!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by curvesncurls, 13 July 2011 Social URL.

1. curvesncurls

curvesncurls Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(20.29%)
    Diet:
    Primal with Kettlebells
    I seem to be surrounded by death this week. Came back from hols on Sat to be told that a good friend of my mother's, she's been like a granny to me, was close to death. We went to see her on Monday and she passed on Tuesday morning. An absolute lady - born years before her time, modern and forward thinking - RIP.

On Monday evening, we got news that another friend of the family had died after a long illness. RIP.

This thread does get better - promise! SO this morning, I was hunting for clothes for the funerals (today and tomorrow), when I realised that I've no such thing as a pair of black trousers. Considering my going out wardrobe consisted of black trousers and various tops before I lost the weight, I'm kinda speechless. This is like a basic staple - but I've not even missed them until now. I wore a grey Bravissimo dress in a size 16 and it looked well, even if my arse is still huge in comparision with the rest of me. A guy at the funeral who hasn't seen me since I was a child told me I was like Doris Day's daughter (think that's a compliment)!

The point was hit home even further when I met a teenager I know and she asked me if I'd been at a funeral. When I said I had, I asked her how she knew. She told me that I was in grey and that I never wear dark colours, I'm always lovely and bright. This put me in such good form at a sad time - 'cos I've spent about 15 years in black and black alone - hey, times must have been a-changin!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry about the sadness but feel good for you that you had no black in your wardrobe. That is a real step forward.........

4. curvesncurls

curvesncurls Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(20.29%)
    Diet:
    Primal with Kettlebells
    Thanks Sue! The deaths are the bittersweet kind - two lovely people worn down with illness. They're not suffering any longer. Both lived their lives to the full - a lesson for all of us. xx

5. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    none - just reduced calorie intake to 1400/ Hypnoband
    sorry to hear about your bad news

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.