I've lost all self-confidence!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Charlie's journey, 12 May 2014 Social URL.

1. Charlie's journey

Charlie's journey New Member

I'm new to the website and a tad bit confused by it.

So my story, in the past year I've managed to put on 2 and a half stone. Purely, through eating out of boredom and comfort. I was in complete denial that the weight was bothering me until a month ago I got fed up of searching through all of my clothes to find something apart from leggings to fit nicely.

Back in Junior school, I was bullied a lot due to being a bit 'chubby' as they call it. From then on, my self-confidence has gone down in my appearance. Although, it's got unbearable atm. I feel big in every thing I wear and it doesn't help that I'm the biggest out of my friends. I've not felt this low for years and I'm only 21!

I've been on slimming world for 3 weeks now, following the extra easy plan.

First week I lost 5lbs.
    Second week I stayed the same.
    Third week I lost 1lbs.

Even though I'm loosing, I feel miserable about myself. I've been staring in the mirror on a daily basis getting more frustrated with myself for letting my eating habits get so bad.

I now have stretch marks across my stomach and feel even more self-conscious. Need some reassurance from some one that this diet is worth sticking to, as I'm clueless as to when I will notice any difference physically in my weight.

Love, a struggling slimmer! Xx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Welshsam

Welshsam Member

Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time things will get better, trust me. Seems like you're doing really well. Stick at it and I'm sure yourself and others will notice a difference soon. Set yourself small goals and stop beating yourself up about it. The main thing is you're doing something about it :)

Good luck!!!
  4. Charlie's journey

Charlie's journey New Member

Thank you! This is the first structured diet I have done, in the past I've attempted calorie counting which never seemed to shed any of the weight. Always thought I'd be hungry on a diet like slimming world, but it's turned out to be really useful and filling. Hoping I can snap out of this low mood soon.

Good luck with your journey. Xxx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.