I've made it to day 3

Ti@ra-M@ker

I've been mucking about for the past 2 weeks or so and basically eating what I wanted. My scales were broken and so I was able to ignore what was happening. Despite several attempts to restart - and declaring it on Minimins! - I could never quite manage it.

However, I got new scales on Friday night and weighing Saturday morning pleasantly surprised to find I'd only put on 5lbs, which was a miracle considering what I'd eaten! So I think that got me back on track. I'm continuing with 790 as I just find that so much easier, but I'm on day 3 now having stuck to it over the weekend. We even had BBQ's both evenings but just had chicken breast and allowed salad veg. I feel now that I'm back into a routine of it which makes things a whole lot easier.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm back! :D

Good luck to everyone else restarting or starting this week.

Tx

Hi TM, well done for getting back to it, I think that must be even harder than starting in the first place. Thought you had been missing on Minimins for a while.

Can I get your email again cos my home pc is playing up, hence the reason you never got any of my emails!!

Good luck with 790

Thanks Tartan Lass. Sure, I'll send you an email just in a minute. By the looks of you're ticker you're doing fantastically well. Well done!!

Yes it's incredibly hard to restart. Best not to get into that position in the 1st place. I think when you're in it for the long haul though you just have to accept that life happens and it's not all going to be plain sailing. Some bits will be smooth and others with be a little stormy but just be determined that you will get yourself to the destination eventually. I think I've accepted that now and just because I have a bad day (or week, fortnight or month) it's not the end of the diet. I actually feel reassured that after the rubbish I've been eating I didn't put on too much which makes me less worried about when the time comes to maintain.

I've just checked my weight chart. I'm delighted to see that I'm only 1lb heavier than I was at my last official weigh in day.....3 weeks ago :eek: I thought it was 2 weeks!!!

Anyway, at least I'm not a stone heavier. That's what I thought I'd be before getting the new scales!

Right better get on with some work. I've tons to do!

Tx

Hiya TM, glad to hear you are back on track, you have my full understanding and support. At least you haven't done to much damage and within a few days you will have lost that odd 1lb so well done.

Take care and I will watch for you on the boards.

Hugs.,
xxx

Well done for getting back on track, those first 3 days are the hardest!!

Glad the routine is back, it should be plain sailing from now on!

Has hubby managed to get back on track too? Good luck to both of you.

And to only put on 5lbs is amazing- especially as most of it will be water and you'll lose it straight away! You must have made healthy choices while eating- well done!!

Carolyn,
Thanks for that. I can always rely on you for support.

Well done for getting back on track, those first 3 days are the hardest!!

Glad the routine is back, it should be plain sailing from now on!

Has hubby managed to get back on track too? Good luck to both of you.

And to only put on 5lbs is amazing- especially as most of it will be water and you'll lose it straight away! You must have made healthy choices while eating- well done!!

:eek: Healthy choices?? No way!! I ate exactly what I wanted which included takeaways, meals out, chips, Easter eggs, ice cream....the list goes on! That's why I thought I'd have put a stone back on. I was extremely lucky to get away with it.

Hubby is back n track too. We seem to need each other to do this thing. If one of us cheats the other follows.

Thanks for the support.

Tx

Well done on making it to day 3.... that is brill!!!!

keep up the good work!!

love

Back