I've slipped up

lisalulu

Silver Member
Really annoyed with myself- both kids decided they wanted a toast picnic in the garden. Without even thinking, I scoffed half a slice of toast. I didn't enjoy it at all and am feeling terrible now. Its made me realise how often I eat through habit, rather than being hungry. So I suppose in one way its been a bit of a wake up call.

Its made me really hungry now though, all the usual craving have come flooding back in. The rest of today is going to drag by.....

Lisa, hun, it's OK... you're at such an early stage, things like this do happen sometimes. PLEASE don't beat yourself up. Jump back on the wagon and don't give in to those cravings - you can get through it, and it won't last for as long as you think. Don't make the mistake of thinking, 'messed up, might as well have pasta for tea & a slice of cake for afters...' THAT is where the danger is. One slip, done without thinking, is quick to recover from - as long as you don't let a slip turn into a cheat.

Big hugs and back on that wagon... you can do it.

xxx

Thanks Katy- you always seem to know what to say :eek: I am one of those people who, instead of jumping right back on the wagon, tucks into a big bowl of chips. Feeling very annoyed that I messed up so early, if I can't even get through a few days how am I supposed to get to my target weight?

Guess I'll never know if I can do it unless I try though. Thanks again

Lisa we really all do stuff like that.... Yesterday I was baking with the children and the amount of times I almost raised a chocolatey finger to my mouth was unthinkable... and I remember last time I sile sourced I was cooking tea and ended up scoffing half a dozen chips, genuinely without thinking!
The first few days are filled with hazards and habits... So at this stage it really doenst matter, what matters is that you don't feel guilty, because this journey is tough enough as it is without guilt piled on top.
Get back on the wagon, and put it all behind you... The first few days on this diet are some of the hardest so messing up now is so much better than doing it in 6 weeks.
You can do it... take a trip through some of the posts on here, some of these girls and guys losing so much and see that everyone has the same difficulties, you can do it, we all can!!
I for one am looking forward to seeing everyone elses success photos along side mine in a few short months :)

Please read this folks........might help put things in prospective!!! xxx

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry.
Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,
Its faults and blunders, Its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed.
We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.
With its possible adversities, Its burdens,
Its large promise and poor performance.
Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow's Sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,
but it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This just leaves only one day . . . Today.
Any person can fight the battles of just one day.
It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternity's -
yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.
It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us therefore live but one day at a time.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Wow Suzie i LOVE that poem and no truer a word spoken... I'm going to print that off as inspiration :) Many many thanks x

Lisalulu, keep going hun, you're doing great and those first few days are by far the hardest and i too like yourself found that half the times i was eating it was thru habit alone.. I'd find myself without thought opening the cupboards to find something to eat and then suddenly come back to reality and think hang about what on earth am i doing.. It must be so much harder having children to look after too so my hat is off to you!! Take each day as it comes and once ketosis kicks in you'll feel less hungry and as the days pass the habits will also curb.. xx

A half piece of toast is not worth ruining your diet for. Just write it off, extra water and try not to stress about it.

Thanks guys. I managed to be good for the rest of the day- even glugged back just short of 4 litres of water. I really don't think I would have managed that without all the support and distractions in this forum.

Today is a new day, the headache has arrived and judging by the reaction on my daughters face when she gave me a kiss this morning, so had the bad breath- so it looks like ketosis has kicked in. My day is going to be really busy today, so I'll grab a few headache tablets, crack on with all that needs doing and then have an early night. Thanks again for all you support :cool:

Lisa

Well done for making it back on track!

I too had the thumping headache yesterday and it took 4 paracetamol to shift.

Have a good day and hope being busy keeps you occupied and away from distractions!

The same thing happened to me today :( My flatmate offered me some easter egg (early! Torture!) and i managed to turn it down (yay!)...but then she cooked fairy cakes and without thinking I shoved half in my mouth...all after my weigh-in this morning and losing 11lb in 2 weeks! If anyone has ideas of how to break these stupid habits, i would be grateful!! ahhh well...I've drunk an extra litre to make myself feel better...I hope that helps.....arggghh :(

Back