I've spent 7 months fooling around, and I'm doing it this time!

Seraphine

Hi guys!

I went on holiday in November, and immediately got back on track and lost my "travel weight". But since then, I've been yo-yoing with the same 3 or 4 pounds. For the most part, I've been eating fairly low-carb with a few bad days in between, but I felt pretty confident that I could keep my weight on track without too much effort. I just wasn't losing any more. I was hovering around 158.

So May was a month of birthdays - both my kids and my husband. Cake everywhere... all the time. Last week we had a big party for my husband for his 40th, and I ate ALL of the leftover cake in a single sitting.

This tripped off a binge - I haven't had one in a long time, but this one lasted several days and I've consumed a huge amount of "illegal" foods. I knew I was going to a foodie friend's dinner party last night, so I didn't even bother to worry about it. I knew my weigh in was going to be bad, so I didn't worry about it.

Scale this morning - I'm up to 166.

I'm not going to pout about it, but I sure don't like how it's making me feel. I feel puffy and don't fit my clothes right - I really don't like this!

Okay, damage done, let's get to work!

1) Eating - go clean and green. Stay away from my favourite greek yogurt, at least until I get well into ketosis. I'm also really wary of my portion sizes - I think I eat way too much. I won't fuss too much about it this week, but once I get into ketosis I'll really try to be careful (it's so easy to eat 2-3 chicken breasts or 2 pork chops for a meal, and while I can maintain my current weight doing that but I don't think I'll be able to shift this last stone without some serious cutting back)

2) Exercise - this is where I really suck. I don't do any. I've got some dvd's and want to get started with these because I have two small kids to work around and I can't just go to the gym.

So I've got Zumba for the Wii, Gillian's 30 Day Shred, and I just got a Kettlenetics DVD with a 4lb kettlebell. I'm shooting for 3 sessions a week to start (not each of them... just 3 sessions of one of them).

We're going on a big holiday in September, and I really wanted to be at goal weight for this. We're going for 2 weeks, and then flying to see my parents in Canada for a week. It's our only holiday this year, and while I want to really enjoy myself I'm worried I'll undo all the good work I'm about to do. With your support, hopefully I can work on this one.

So, onwards and upwards. You've all been such a great support in the past, so I'm going to lean on you again if that's okay?

Oh, the other news - my husband says he'll join me on the Atkins "dark side" for a while! He's been battling his weight for a while, and while he lost 2 stone on Slimming World last year, it hasn't stuck. He knows he's been able to lose on Atkins in the past, but because he likes fruit so much he's been very resistant to joining me again. But he said he'd give it ago for a month or so, to try to give himself a good start. I'm hoping he gets hooked on the easy losses and sticks with me :) It's hard when we both eat totally different meals. He'll be back next week so he can start then.

Now, where's my frying pan... I need to make some eggs!

:D

Yippee! Welcome back! Looks like you are really ready for this so good luck and I can't wait to read your progress. Xx

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Thanks Jenki! Let's work together and get skinny!

Welcome back:)
Sounds like you have you head set now and ready to go. Yes it really is fantastic if your OH can do it with you - that's the only reason i am managing! For holidays - i had a great time for 2 weeks at easter - managed to stay pretty legal but ate and drank loads - and still had an sts. Given holidays are usually my big problem, i was over the moon:D

Good luck

Welcome back Sera! You know you will be able to do this & as you know, we are all here to help each other. Clean & green...the way to go! :D

Thanks guys!

Hey Cinta, how was your cruise? We're doing a TA too - can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you rang i would have come round to help eat the cake ........................sounds as though that head is in the right place ............ cake will be there next year ......... YOU are too precious to be a dustbin !!! xx

Hi Seraphine I'm not too long back on here either unfortunately slightly more than a stone to lose here :sigh:

Good luck and am going to try that coconut chicken! xx

Yes, it feels like home.

The longer I keep a low-carb lifestyle, the more I know that I will have to stick to this way of eating for life. I'm a sugar junkie, and I realise that loud and clear. When I stray, things go bad quickly. The odd meal once and a while is one thing - I seem to be able to keep that in check. But if that drifts into a high carb day, then a weekend, then a week... then I'm 10 pounds heavier and am looking for illegal things to put in my mouth. I'm ashamed about my lack of control, but there you go.

So if this is what it takes for me to keep control, so be it. I'm really relieved my husband is willing to try again - it will make eating at home so much easier (all four of us eat separate meals, and it gets a bit much sometimes).

Now, where's my chicken?

(also, is sitting down and eating 3 chicken breasts worth of coconut chicken just totally piggish, or am fooling myself? I'm going to have to start buying chicken 2 breasts at a time... the last one in a 3-pack just looks so lonely!)

Sounds like you're more than prepared - I'll look forward to hearing your losses!

GOOD LUCK!

Okay, I know we're not supposed to weigh ourselves every day.

So, 3 days in...

6 pounds down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:party0019:

I'm having a plate of fried pork belly and broccoli for breakfast - keep it coming! (And I don't care if it's water weight, I love this diet!)

belly and broc for breakfast .............. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh but well done x

I love pork with a variety of things for breakfast lol

Well done on the 6lbs!!! That is great!

Bravo! That's awesome x

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Back