I've started to lose some weight!!!

landie_sparkly

After a couple of weeks adjusting to my new inner voice which was determined to lose weight I decided to get back in control of my eating. I signed up to the foodfocus website (what an absolute godsend that is!), nearly a couple of weeks ago, and haven't looked back. With 4 stone to lose (ideally), and failed attempts at different commercial diets in the past, I know that re-education and 'change for life' is the solution. I've eaten whatever I wanted (some portions smaller, some larger), and kept a close eye on what calories are in different foods. Despite a gentle target of 1lb weight loss per week, I've lost 5 lbs in just under two weeks. :talk017: I'd always resisted dieting in the past, as I thought it was going to be such a slow process to lose 4 stone that it wasn't worth starting. Crazy logic, but I guess that's how we end up in this mess in the first place! But, get this, with a target of 1.5lbs per week, I might meet my goal by Christmas. Wish me luck!

I'm not exercising, apart from general daily stuff in and around the home and garden - some days I manage a 30 minute slow walk, but not always! And I'm not depriving myself with food too much either! I tried to aim for 1000 calories a day, but found I was too hungry, and ended up eating all the wrong things in a binge at the end of the day, so I upped my allowance to 1500 calories (and a target of 1lb a week loss). I seem to be settling on around 1200 calories though - with no exercise, and am ok on that amount at the moment. Slightly hungry, but never starving. What's best though is the re-education. Foodfocus is teaching me so much. By substituting square ham slices for my chunky cheddar cheese at lunchtime is enough for me to lower my calorie levels significantly! Well done on your weight loss though! You have done fantastically well - keep going x

1,200 a day suits me right down to the ground, too. I sometimes head toward 1,500 - 1,800, but so long as it's below 2,000 I don't fret.

Back