ive taken the plunge !!

Well done on getting through day 1. I think it says a lot that you lost 3lbs just preparing. You can do this, and you'll love the results.

Keep going, and if it gets tough, tell us here before you reach for the biscuits. The support and advice here got me through that tough first week. According to my scales I've lost a stone in less than a month, but we'll see on Tuesday for the official weigh in as her scales seem to add 1lb, but I'm going with mine (I know what I weighedon mine before too, I'm a serial weigher.)

It's just a routine thing for me now, and I love that it works, it's not hard and I'm not hungry all the time. I'm at my lightest for over 5 years, it's amazing.

Good luck!!!

HI Dani

When I am 65kg and i'm 5ft7 this makes me about a size 10 - 12 in pants/jeans depending on the brand, really i'm the perfect size 11 at this point so 63kg might be my new goal when I get closer. I am on 790 and thinking about SS for the rest of the week (5 days). I really want a good result for the first week.

BrenX

hi bren,
my god at present i dont think i would get one leg in a size 10 ! really cant imagine ever bieng anywhere near that size.
completed day 2 os ss yesterday, and was ok, well apart from the broccoli and cheese soup ! yuk yuk and double yuk.
on a positive note , although my cdc told me not to weigh until i see her again , i couldnt resist and since friday i have lost 3 1/2 pounds !!!!!!!!
took me 4 months on orlistat to lose this much , so am well chuffed .
this almost makes the taste of the broccoli soup seem bearable lol.

Good to know about the soup i'm not going to buy it as I've heard the majority of people say it's not tasty. I've had so far the vege and potato & leek, they were okay.. a little plain. Banana shake and fruits of the forest are okay but not that tasty either.

I'm thinking SS+ tomorrow as I just dont think that I can do SS. Which is really starting to make me stress about my first weight in as I would like a good one!

Bren
X

Tomorrow is hump day for me and very soon followed by you! Lets do this girl.

X

whats hump day ? is it weigh in ?
i will only be seeing my cdc fortnightly so no weigh in til 18th. but i can get on my scales in between.
i think im going to try leek and potato soup for tea today, hope its ok.
today ive tried splitting my shakes, so having 1/2 then 1/2 couple of hours later, seems to have helped as not so long to wait before next "meal".

Hi Dani, I too have an autistic child who is 14, can be hard huh?
I've never heard of hump day so cant help you there, I have tried the leak and potato and the veg soups now and have put lots of black pepper and a little chilli in both as I love spicy.
Lots of people do split their shakes so I'm sure if it helps go for it. Try not to weigh too often at home as it can be up and down a bit as I have found being a serial weigher!!
Good luck with the next few days, I was reading your earlier mail about wondering what size clothes you might be, I too wonder this, but can't even envisage getting into my 18's at the moment. I would love to be a size 12!
Keep up the good work!

Tilly hump day is a saying for the middle of the week Day 4 is the middle of my CD week... hump day!

I'm sure you'll be nearing the 18's sooner than you think!

Bren
X

ahhh ok , yes so today is my hump day, my god halfawy already.
best not tell my hubby its hump day as in his vocabulary that means an entirley different thing !!!
im very pleased today as i had to make frequent stops on the schoool run to pull up my jeans that kept working their way down, time for a new belt me thinks, !

ahhh ok , yes so today is my hump day, my god halfawy already.
best not tell my hubby its hump day as in his vocabulary that means an entirley different thing !!!
im very pleased today as i had to make frequent stops on the schoool run to pull up my jeans that kept working their way down, time for a new belt me thinks, !

Yay about the jeans and hey also okay for hubby to think like this also!!
hehe

Bren
X;)

How are you hanging in there for the first week??

X

hi bren,
im doin ok, i cant believe that i have no interest in food whatsoever. the boys have lovingly shared their germs with me though so i have a cold , feeling a bit rough with it but determined not to comfort eat as i would do normally when im ill.
what about you , how you coping ?
ive only just noticed youre in oz, god bet its lovely and warm there. its freezing and wet here just for a change !!!!

Well I do live in Melbourne so not always hot weather infact Melb's has a very European feel both culture, architecture and weather wise. So crap for the last 2 days but tomorrow warming up again!

Bren
X

Hope the flu subsides quickly too. I dont think I'm hungry but have little bursts of I need energy. I really think a few of them have been boredem.

i think recently the uk can be classed as more arctic than european lol.
yeah the boredom hunger is the worst isnt it.
hang in there hun, it will be so worth it.
xx

Hey Dani how's the arctic today!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Bren
X

Hi Dani,

Hope you're feeling better and the cold is on its way out.

It's day 1 for me on cd, I've been waiting for my doc's approval too as I'm on metformin for PCOS.

My GP's attitude has pee'd me off sooo much that he's spurred me on even more to succeed :p Why is it that he's forever making comments about losing weight when I go to see him with even the slightest ailment, but is completely dismissive when I'm determined to do something about it? :confused:

A question on cd and metformin - my GP says I might experience some ahem "stomach problems" :eek: or some dizziness etc for a few days. Have you been OK?

I slight headache and dizziness Red head for me on day 2 and I had drunk lots of water. It happened after a meal, lunch, i'm on 790. It passed after about an hour the sick feeling took about 15 mins.

Cut back the caffein and drink lots of water. My stomach has been churning for the past 3 days but tonight not very much at all??

Good luck and lets loose this fat girls!!! I want to look hot for Aus summer and Xmas!

Bren
X

hi bren,
arctic is still wet , not too sure whether its actually cold or not as one minute im burning up and the next ive got the shivers. Do feel better than yesterday though .

hi redhead,
im sorry your doc is bieng a pain, even though they are the proffessionals why is it that they dont get the fact that losing weight when you have pcos aint easy ?
i did have some "stomach troubles" with the metformin, so i have stopped taking it temporarily.
my gp warned me that by losing weight this rapidly my cycle could be affected anyway, but he agreed that once i get to a healthy weight the condition should clear up somewhat, if it doesnt then i will restart the metformin.
in all honesty a lot of the symptoms that the metformin was helping are loads better already, i suspect due to the water im drinking and weight ive already lost.
my hair has stopped falling out and my skin looks great.

bren did you get weighed yesterday or today ?

Back