ive taken the plunge !!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by dani*r, 6 September 2008 Social URL.

1. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi all,
    im hoping to start cambridge diet next week, subject to gp's approval.
    ive been noseying around here all day , and am so inspired by all of your posts and in paticular the before and after pics, if i look as good as you girls in a few months i will be one very happy bunny.
    a bit about me :
    im 26 , married and live in leeds. I have 3 boys ages 10,5 and 3. My eldest son is autistic, but my youngest two have no excuses they are naturally naughty !
    i have pcos, and have been overweight since hitting my teens. i reached my heaviest of 17st last year (am approx 5'7'') so went to my gp for help. I have been taking orlistat for the last four months and have lost a whole 4lbs. The tablets make me feel lousy, so cannot wait to get rid of them and hopefully the fat too.
    im hoping that by posting on here and chatting to others who will understand what im talking about, i will stay motivated and FINALLY suceed in losing weight.
    take care
    dani x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hiya :welcome: to minimins. Best of luck with cd hun :) x

4. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    Hi & welcome to minimins Dani.

Fingers crossed for yr GP's approval. Let us know how you get on.

Until GP gives go ahead I'd try reducing my carbs & increasing my water intake in preparation for CD as the first few days on SS are not great. :(
    Once you are in ketosis things get better around day 3/4. Its all worth it tho' once you see the losses. :D xx

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hello and welcome, loads of advice and support here, not to mention the Arcade to while away the hours! Good luck with GP approval and getting started on CD - do let us know how you are getting on!

Gxx

6. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Hello, welcome and good luck! Can sympathise with Orlistat - took them for 2 months and gained 3lb!

7. cissie

cissie Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi I hope you get your gp's approval and can get going soon. I am on day 5 and so far so good. Keep us posted on how you get on
    x

8. Jules77

Jules77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(28.69%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Good luck... x

9. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Welcome!! You have hit the jackpot finding Minis, so many fantastic, supportive people in one place!!

Good luck with the GP and welcome to the world of soups n' shakes!!

10. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    thanks guys,
    i already love this site, should hopefully help to keep me on the straight and narrow !
    gp approved , no question. He was a little cynical in a kind of "whatever you want dear" way.
    cdc is coming this am, so will be starting today.
    have really cut down on carbs and upped water
    so here goes !

dear santa , if you are reading this, size 12 for christmas please !!!!!

11. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Hi Dani, I started today! I'm also 5ft7 and hoping to get to 65 kilos (145lbs) if my math is right????

Good luck and stay in touch.
    Bren
    X

12. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Good luck both of you.xx

13. SCrittenden

SCrittenden Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Soul Source
    Good Luck!

14. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Thanks, a really really parched mouth for the past 3 hours or more now and only started about 7 hours ago???

Will it pass. I've drunk about 2.5 ltrs and just about to start another bottle!

15. Myboys

Myboys Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(16.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi There, hope all goes well with the GP the diet is great and works
    :)

16. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good mornign to both of you and good luck. Im quite new too, this is my sixth day. I always have a parched mouth since starting, but I dont mind it because it reminds me that I am doing myself some good for a change instead of harm and makes me drink more water.
    Lynne x

17. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi bren ,
    i think my goal is around 65kilo too, according to gp, cant get my head around that just yet, it seems sooooo slim.
    i actually feel less thirsty since i started with water, just goes to show that i wasnt drinking anywhere near enough before, i also seem to have more energy, but we will see what happens to that over the first few days.
    im trying to figure out what clothes size i will be at around 65 kilos, i know it also depends on height/build ect but i havnt been below an 18 for over 3 years .

thanks to all for replying, im sure ill be on here a bit more over next few days !
    take care
    dani

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hiya Dani welcome to minimins! and its not for your gp to say you cant do it - its more to say they know your doing it :D

Dintworry about the diet slowing you down or making you tired, I have a autistic child as well and this was one of my worries, i find becaus im eating and drinking a good balance i actually have more energy! im glad your doing ell though, keep going its well worth doing!

20. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi saraian,
    how old is your child ? mines 10, so we are getting pre teen attitude along with his autistic outbursts at the moment . im hoping that i can stop reaching for the biccie tin as comfort when i get stressed with his behaviour.
    i had to get gp's permission so to speak as i take metformin for pcos, but he said as it isnt being used to control blood sugars i sjould be fine.
    your babies look very sweet by the way. wish mine were that small again. my youngest is 3 1/2 now . I just have to have extra hugs with babies at work to compensate !

21. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    well first cd day almost over ! never before have i looked forward to a bowl of porridge so much in my life ! im gonna save it til about 8 though , cant stand going to bed hungry.
    i met cdc for first time this morning and she seems lovely, i also found out that i have lost 3lbs just on prep.:)
    so far have had veg soup and choc shake, found them ok.
    have felt quite weak and headachey all day but think i may be getting a cold !
    so far so good .

22. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

hey dani, welcome and glad your first day is going well, good luck for your first week!
    Tried the porridge this week was a bit of luxury chewing those lumpy bits!! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.