JACKET POTATO FILLINGS

mechmanuk

johnboy
As the subject says, im looking for some ideas for fillings, getting fed up with baked beans.
Any suggestions then please post em here, thankyou in advance john.

Yep me too John.. I only have jacket with cheese and beans, had it with heinz sweet chilli beans once..nearly blew me head off !!
I'm not much of a tuna eater so dont think i could stomach warm tuna.
Its hard especially when you are stood there like'Old Mother Hubbard' looking in the cupboards, this is why I have cheese and beans ,cos I know where they are and its quick !!
So I too shall be looking for inspiration ........

Quorn chilli:-

Mix quorn mince with tinned tomatoes, dry fried green peppers, onions and mushrooms, add tin of kidney beans, chilli powder and cumin to taste and cook for about 30 mins.

Yum!

a few suggestions

cheese- healthy a
homemade cheese savoury - extra light mayo, spring onions, cheese
tinned spagetti
bachelors pasta n sauce
cottage cheese
tuna with helmans extra light mayo (very low in syns)
ham, chicken, turkey - any lean meat really

or mayb try some sort of veg curry or chickpea dahl - yum!

great ideas, never thought of tinned spagetti, what about ravioli? and i also like the prawns idea. Not keen on mayo and chilli but i could mix with some eggs, light salad cream and lettuce i suppose.

not a curry fan either, gimmi korma anyday lol.

a dish i use on jacket spuds and pasta is bacon (use as HEXB) tin of chopped tomatoes onions peppers any other veg i like baby corn and carrots cook together and add to pasta or a jacket spud its yum and i always wack on some cheese tooooooo i lovvveeee it i usually make a large batch and take it to work next day and heat it up :)

200g tin of ravioli is 1 syn on a green day
410g tin of ravioli is 1.5 syns on a green day

seems like heinz is the best for syns!

yum i love ravioli will be adding this to shopping list and mayb a jacket spud!

great, raviolli and jacket spuds it is then wooohooooooo, might chuck the prawn filling in aswel for good measure :)

Morrisons eat smart pineapple cottage cheese is gorgeous and free on red and green xx

quorn chilli in spud is nice...
just had quorn chilli with savory rice...........very nice...
what about tuna mixed with quark salt pepper lemon juice that nice in a baked spud.........use tuna as hex b.........on green day

Tesco brand tinned ratatoulie is nice (I tried Morrison's brand and it wasn't so good). Maybe put a little grated cheese on the jacket first then top with the ratatoulie. I think it's two syns for the whole can.

A really filling meal is jacket potato with beanfeast mince and its yum. I had more veggies and mushrooms etc

Ive tried the beanfeast before and the quorn mince and didnt really like em that much, my trouble is im use to the real deal and love it lol. May have to get miself a mincer and make mi own.

Back