Jacket Potatos

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by cd121272, 14 April 2007 Social URL.

1. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Can someone please tell me if you weight the potato before or after it has been cooked to find out how many points are in is. As when you have cooked it it is a lot lighter. Please help as I could well be going over my points here lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sorry that was ment to be do you weigh the potato not if you weigh the potato doh!!

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Now thats a good question. I have NO idea. Does the book say small/med/large or does it specify weight?

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I usually weigh mine after cooking. About 200g is 2 points.

A good tip if you fancy a change from the usual jacket/mashed/chipped potato is, half way through cooking (as though you were baking) chop it into quarters, give a quick spray of the 1 cal spray oil, and then cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes. Makes lovely crispy wedges!

6. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That sounds quite nice sparkle I will try that at some point. I have'nt read the book I just did it on the scales and when it is cooked it weighs less.

So surely you weigh it after it is cooked at that is what you will be eating.

OH I dont know I am confused :confused: ......lol

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I always weigh my potato after cooking.

8. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi when im doing a jacket potatoe i normally wash it and then weigh before i cook it.

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I don't weigh mine at all, because I cheat - I get my baking potatoes from tesco in a pack of 4. The approx nutritional information is on the front of the pack and it's per potato, so I just go by that. Don't need to weigh it then - I'll always take the easy option me, hehe.

10. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie

When you have to weigh every thing it does get a bit boring it is not so bad when packet things have got the weight of things on and there is no weighing at all

11. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie

When you have to weigh every thing it does get a bit boring it is not so bad when packet things have got the weight of things on and there is no weighing at all so when you buy the potatoes in tescos how do you know what the points are

12. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sorry for the post twice

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

The potatoes I get are pre packed so the approx NI information for each potato is shown on the packet. So I just use my ww calculator to work out the points from that.

14. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh i see
    These calculators are good for that and these days there is not alot of weighing to be done as it is on most packages i weigh my cereals and potatoes and my extra lean mince when having chops i go by just per chop it seems so easy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.