• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Jacket Potatos

Sorry that was ment to be do you weigh the potato not if you weigh the potato doh!!

I usually weigh mine after cooking. About 200g is 2 points.

A good tip if you fancy a change from the usual jacket/mashed/chipped potato is, half way through cooking (as though you were baking) chop it into quarters, give a quick spray of the 1 cal spray oil, and then cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes. Makes lovely crispy wedges!

That sounds quite nice sparkle I will try that at some point. I have'nt read the book I just did it on the scales and when it is cooked it weighs less.

So surely you weigh it after it is cooked at that is what you will be eating.

OH I dont know I am confused :confused: ......lol

I don't weigh mine at all, because I cheat - I get my baking potatoes from tesco in a pack of 4. The approx nutritional information is on the front of the pack and it's per potato, so I just go by that. Don't need to weigh it then - I'll always take the easy option me, hehe.

Hi Marie

When you have to weigh every thing it does get a bit boring it is not so bad when packet things have got the weight of things on and there is no weighing at all

Hi Marie

When you have to weigh every thing it does get a bit boring it is not so bad when packet things have got the weight of things on and there is no weighing at all so when you buy the potatoes in tescos how do you know what the points are

Hi Marie

When you have to weigh every thing it does get a bit boring it is not so bad when packet things have got the weight of things on and there is no weighing at all so when you buy the potatoes in tescos how do you know what the points are
The potatoes I get are pre packed so the approx NI information for each potato is shown on the packet. So I just use my ww calculator to work out the points from that.

Oh i see
These calculators are good for that and these days there is not alot of weighing to be done as it is on most packages i weigh my cereals and potatoes and my extra lean mince when having chops i go by just per chop it seems so easy