Jade Goody

Hmmm well the fact that this conversation is going on on here just proves that it is a topic that people are interested in. Although we would all think that it is best to keep it to ourselves, she is in the public eye and people WANT to know. If she hid away people would soon be saying she's wrong for doing that.

I seem to remember that when Kylie had breast cancer she was very much in the media with pictures on every magazine and she was acting like she was the first person to ever have breast cancer and she was being hailed as a hero! Which I actually felt belittled the millions of other survivors

Personally I think its disgusting the way shes handling this. She hasnt seen her kids since she came back :eek: She 'cant face that' but she CAN face being in every magazine imaginable. Im sure shes not doing them without a nice healthy fee. I dont buy this 'I have to support my family' c*** either. Shes made millions (bizarre when she has no talent)

She needs to take a long hard look at herself. If shes as sick as shes portraying she should act with a bit of dignity and think of her children and deal with this privately instead of airing it all in public.

I refuse to buy any magazine that is pandering to her at the moment.

And before I get slated for anything Ive said... I DO have the utmost sympathy for anyone who has any illness, let alone cancer. Its the way shes behaving that I have the issue with

Personally I think its disgusting the way shes handling this. She hasnt seen her kids since she came back :eek: She 'cant face that' but she CAN face being in every magazine imaginable. Im sure shes not doing them without a nice healthy fee. I dont buy this 'I have to support my family' c*** either. Shes made millions (bizarre when she has no talent)

i heard that she said she cant face her children too. because she doesnt want them to see her upset or somethin, but funny enough on gmtv there wasnt a tear shed when talking about her illness. i do feel for her but going on national telly to make some more money out of her illess is abit disrespectful to other sufferers

People in the public eye who battle cancer such as Kylie show that not only can you beat this thing, you can have a life during and after treatment. Far from feeling belittled many people may actually feel empowered by this and positive about the future

There is too much press about chemo that leads people to believe that you lie in bed all day and life stops. For many people it doesn't - many can still work full time and enjoy their lives - they just have to be a little more careful than normal. Kylie, in my opinion, was living proof of this and Jade may just pleasantly surprise us!!

Just to update you all, you will be pleased to hear that the Youtube clip linked on here has been removed due to 'a copyright claim by Viacom..." so all those comments etc. along with the clip itself have now been taken off the site. Thank goodness for that, imagine Jade and/or her family seeing that!? xxx

I doubt Jade or her family would be able to read or understand any if the comments. Whether she has got cancer or not doesn't disguise the fact that she is in my eyes and the eyes of millions of others a talentless freak who has got very lucky. Do i feel sorry for her? Yes...... does it change my opinion of her? No

I know I have been very sceptical about Jade and the whole cancer thing she has been going through but I just read that she has been told it has spread and rather than her having a 40% chance of survival they are not just trying to prolong her life rather than cure her. I am deeply saddened by this change and just cannot believe it

I truly hope she is ok xxx

Reactions: Taz
It is such awful news, she may not be the brightest of sparks but she is a good mum and loves her family very much and they love her just as much. I too am saddened by this news and feel desperately for those poor kids and the rest of her family. What an awful outlook for someone who loves life so much x

I think shes done a very good thing, using the press and her interviews to make money for her boys for when shes not here..
Im gutted by the news tbh.. totally gutted.. shes 27 years old with a 4 and a 5 year old.. if this doesnt make you want to get regularly smear tested, then i dont know what will.. Makes me feel ashamed for some of the things i whinge about really.. =(

x x

Jade Goodey

I don't read the papers, glossy mags or listen to gossip programmes.. so am not totally up on what's gone on, other than headlines showing her having chemo hair loss etc and cervical cancer..

BUT.. my heart went out to a young woman today when I heard that she has multiple cancers and is losing her fight with cancer.

She's young, has 2 young children, a family and friends..

A very sad day for them all. :cry:

Despite not liking her actions/behaviours -no one deserves to go through what she's going through. Really feel for her and her family, it doesn't look hopeful.

Hope the media leave her alone to be with her family

Carol x

Thing is she did have regular smear tests - she's been backwards and forwards to the doctors for 4 years telling them that there was something wrong. For whatever reason they didn't find it, until last summer.

I'm saddened to hear this news :( those poor boys. I think Jade has handled the press very well, if she hadn't invited them in on her terms they would have hounded her anyway. at least this way she was able to exercise some control over what was printed and save the money for her boys.

Ive never been a fan of hers and I think the way shes touted her story since her diagnosis is just disgusting but ultimately I wouldnt wish this on anyone. Her boys are so young to lose their mum :(

I understand what you mean, but today alone i have heard/seen on forums so many women who are now going to get overdue smear tests.. so thats a good thing which she has helped do.. promote a disease which is often swept under the carpet..
x x

Reactions: KD
Oh I agree from that perspective its good but I think selling her story, having her photo in the papers & every magazine and on Living is just in poor taste, especially when she does all these interviews then says shes keeping her illness a secret from her sons. Kids arent that stupid. I think shed have been better acting with a bit more dignity and self respect and not selling her story but doing whats best for her sons. Shes pretty well off as it is, does another few articles in a magazine mean that much to her??

Ive never been a fan of hers and I think the way shes touted her story since her diagnosis is just disgusting

i disagree!

I dont think she has "touted" her story! She has known for some time now that her prognosis wasn't/isn't good. She has done what she feels is best for her two boys, what mother wouldnt want her children to have the best in life even if it means selling her own life in order to provide for them when she isn't around?? As someone has already pointed out if she hadn't co-operated with the media they would have turned on her and told their own distorted view on Jades life in the last weeks/months/years with her two little angels and the rest of her family.

So sad to hear the latest news about Jade. Okay, she wasn't my favourite person, but wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I know she's kept this story going to make enough money for her boys and of course, this sort of thing does help get the message out there about smears etc.

I watched a couple of the Jade reality progs on recently and must admit that she's really gone up in my estimations. What an incredibly gutsy girl she is.

Saw the bit about the pantomine and was so surprised that she just seemed quite a natural at it, and hearing how the other members of the cast admired her talent on the stage.

She's so totally open about everything. That's jade. Some people hate her for it others love her for it. She can't win, but it seems to me that Jade is just doing what she can do. Being herself and not pretending to be anything more.

I hope she can continue living her life in as little pain as possible until whatever happens. Poor lass.

i disagree!

I dont think she has "touted" her story! She has known for some time now that her prognosis wasn't/isn't good. She has done what she feels is best for her two boys, what mother wouldnt want her children to have the best in life even if it means selling her own life in order to provide for them when she isn't around?? As someone has already pointed out if she hadn't co-operated with the media they would have turned on her and told their own distorted view on Jades life in the last weeks/months/years with her two little angels and the rest of her family.

Thats what I love about Minimins, the variety of opinions :) And lets face it theres no right or wrong answers.

Personally I feel that selling her story under these circumstances is just wrong and not what her sons need. She says shes doing it for them but do they want to see every detail in the tabloids? And for her to think they dont know whats going on is at best naive.

But thats just my opinion. Shes lived her life for a long time in the media I guess shes just felt this was another chapter

Bottom line is ist incredibly sad that her sons are most likely going to grow up with out their mum :(

Totally sandy.. i just cant get over it.. its just.. it really brings it home.. It actually scares me, cos its nothing ive ever thought about before.. but it sure as hell would make me get regular smear tests, something i wouldnt have thought about previous.. I just feel so sorry for her, and her poor kids.. and her family.. its just awful..
x x

Back