Waaaaay Off Topic: Jade Goody

I haven't watched or read anything about Jade Goody- not difficult just turn off or skip the pages and haven't really got an opinion about her. Of course its very sad that a young woman hasnt got long to live but what she chooses to do is totally up
to her. Billy Connolly once joked (?) that when he has only hours left he wants to inject heroin, smoke crack and **** a sheep. a bit tasteless maybe but makes continuing to do interviews etc look quite tame.

I do hope Jade considers her sons in all this, and thinks of their thoughts & feelings. Having recently lost my dad, I can think of nothing worse than having TV cameras or photographers there to capture every person, private and painful moment of what we were going through.

I wouldnt wish what Jade is going through on anyone, and I think the fact shes raised so much awareness of cervical cancer is great, a really wonderful legacy but surely there comes a point where enough is enough and special time and memories for her boys is worth so much more than the money a photoshoot would generate.

These poor little boys are about to lose their mum, Im sure in the future theyd much rather have some special, personal, memories with her and think of her final days like that than remember the photographers and film crews who were there to capture every painful moment. Some things are much more important than money

All those painful memories recorded forever on video tape and in magazines. They're protected now but as they grow older there's no way they won't be exposed to the footage.

Wondered where you were Sandy :D

special time and memories for her boys is worth so much more than the money a photoshoot would generate.

But do you think that is the boys or the cameras. From what I've seen she appears to have a good balance. Boys first, work 2nd.

Film crews who were there to capture every painful moment. Some things are much more important than money

Personally, I would prefer a camera to capture my last painful moments than my sons (if they were just aged 4 and 5). At least there would be some censorship there.

I'm sure the boys will spend plenty of time with her, and I'm also sure she loves them enough to not want them to be by her bedside 24/7 watching her die.

Assuming she will have the last days possibly laying in bed dosed up with strong pain killers, I should imagine they will spend some 'quality' time with her allowing for the short attention time children have at that age, leaving mucho time for others.

I can't bare to read about Jade, I was so sad when I heard that she didn't have long to live. I have two boys myself and can't even begin to imagine what she must be going through!

Hope she finds the strength from somewhere to help her get through the little time that she has left with her family.

Louale x

But do you think that is the boys or the cameras. From what I've seen she appears to have a good balance. Boys first, work 2nd.

I dont agree, it seems to be work and money first, family 2nd

Personally, I would prefer a camera to capture my last painful moments than my sons (if they were just aged 4 and 5). At least there would be some censorship there.

I wouldnt want those moments captured and Id never ever want to see those last days with my dad again, far too painful, and too private

I just think some things are worth SO much more than money, sadly other people clearly dont agree

Maybe you have been following her life more than me then Sandy.

The programmes I saw showed her resceduling work around her boys and her hospital appointments. They showed her having fun with them, preparing their special Christmas. There was lots of smiles and laughter.

Yes, there were honest sad things too, like when she cried in the bathroom when her hair fell out and the camera crew were asked to leave.

Who knows what will be allowed. Her family and friends may well not allow the cameras to film the more distressing parts when she is unable to chose herself.

Of course, she could have not had them record anything, and then no doubt we would have just seen her leave the hospital in a wheelchair with doom and gloom about how little time she has left, and not been privy to how positive she is about the next few weeks and how excited she is about her wedding, but I don't think they boys would want that.

God no I dont follow any more than is forced down me every time I open a magazine at the moment, or log onto MSN etc.

I can actually fully understand her having cameras there earlier on, and at Xmas she was still hopeful to beat this awful illness, and to show she was carrying on, which is/was great. But now as shes been told its terminal and she has weeks/monthss to live - THATS when I feel she needs to stop selling every aspect to the media. Im not disuputing shes done a great job in raising awareness but personally I just think enough is enough, every single aspect doesnt need to be, and shouldnt be shared.

I just fear that the media circus will be there until the very end, and then some :(

At the end of the day, the money she gets from doing this is there to secure her son's future. She desperately wants them to have a good education like she never had - so it's NOT a case of putting money ahead of her sons - she is putting money FOR her sons as a priority - but what is wrong with that? She 'knows' she isn't going to be around much longer and wants to do all she can to give them some better chances in life than she had. She is a very loving mother and I don't for a second think she is putting ANYTHING above her sons, but she has got to be - and is being - realistic about the fact that she is dying and is putting measures in place. Good on her, I don't think I'd have the strength - a very very hard time.

Anna x

After reading some of the negative comments towards Jade about donating to cancer charities etc surely she has donated the ultimate price her life!! maybe through ignorance it has cost her this high price and that alone puts her at the forefront of awareness for young girls, till this point in time I never heard 20yr olds talking about having smears or cancer. Personally I think it is a brave thing she does by continuing bringing awareness it makes it real, not oh she is ill lets push it under the carpet and forget, I myself have not watched her program or Big Brother, so I see her as a young mother being dealt a bad hand, what are her options stay at home then die or continue till the end with what she did when fit and well bringing information to those who care and love her then die?? what a choice to have to make. Lets wish her peace of mind and comfort in these last few months and just thank God (or someone) we are not in her position

Yep, and working to keep herself busy whilst kids are at school etc.

I think I'd go mad if it was me and I'd been forced to stay at home whilst everyone else was out doing school/work.

Too much time to think and wallow. I'd have to work until I could work no longer, otherwise I'd go crazy.

Back