Jade's Christmas Countdown . .

hey - well done on your loss jadelois. your menus sound yum ;)

Thanks LVLLT, i think they sound uninspired. Im too bloody lazy truth be known sometimes!

Todays menu has looked like:

B: Protein Shake
L: Kale and iceberg salad with tuna and some chopped sausage plus a little squirt of mayo
D: Slow cooked beef stew (minus the potato and carrots and dumplings (sob, sob, sob) than everyone else is having)

Snacks: Pepperoni and pre-cooked Sausage

mm dumpling. how will you resist? lol

With major difficulty! Even more difficult to resist was a Dairy Milk Bliss bar today!

L: Spinach salad with chicken and tomato (small amount)
D: Salmon with broccoli and spinach and a cheese and cream sauce

Snacks: Pepperami and Jelly

I seem to be stuck in a bit of a salad rut at the moment, any ideas for what else would make a good lunch (only have access to a microwave at work)

Pssssst! Somebody tell her about the pie! The pie! :cool:

Of course! For some reason I saw it as a dinner option but yes, that would work beautifully!

Hi Jade and welcome to our little forum love.

Thanks Jim, seems like a fab place so far!

L: Tuna Mayo and Salad
D: Combine Harvester (Restaurant food) which was basically chicken, more chicken, some battered prawns and some ribs. Plus a side salad.
S: Sugar free Jelly

Today is the first time so far that I have struggled. Not only did I struggle but i'm also running slightly scared at the moment . . .
I went for the dinner choice at the restaurant because it was pretty meat packed and i could skip on the chips and corn, grabbed a salad to go with it. Only problem was it came smothered in sauce which was BBQ and sweet and has generally made me feel rough, I know not great and it possibly will knock me out etc but im not concerned about being able to get back into it but im concerned that with all the events over christmas im not going to be able to eat carbs. I guess this should be a good thing but for some reason its majorly freaking me out. Hope i haven't made too much of a dent in this weeks WI too.

I try to go for plain meats when eating out Jade, and even more bad news is that many salads are drenched in salt and sugar water

Hey fingers and paws crossed for weight loss.
Eating out on atkins is easy so if you are worried about nights and meals out etc just do as jim says...i usually opt for salmon and veg or steak. Most places are good and i swap potatoes or veg we cant have for spinach or green beans.

Had a day off today, been running here there and everywhere so not really eaten an awful lot as such, did the unthinkable too and weighed myself (only been 3 days since the last WI) and i've lost a mere few ounces so trying to shake off the potential mess up and get back on track, might get someone in the house to only bring out the scales on a Monday, bain of my life!
Making a cheeseburger pie for tea, and a portion of crispy wedges for the rest of the family, might try some cauli mash for me :)

Friday is a girls night with domino's so its gonna be a major struggle to avoid, might just have salad before i go and then eat some of the chicken strips with the coating peeled off and a bit of pizza topping, at least that way i will avoid the questions . . unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Morning Jade. Sounds good to me, probably the best you could do really. I've never been to Domino's so I don't know what's on the menu really. I suspect it's all pasta and pizza.

Well i'm in mixed moods really. Had a couple of off days last week (no pizza though :D) and it seems to have really affected weightloss to the point where there isnt any. I haven't lost all motivation though because if I manage to make it til next Monday then I have survived 21 days without chocolate (therefore in theory weaned myself off it). Think I definitely need to eat a bit cleaner and up the water this week though.

Morning Jade, how are you today then love.

Morning Jim, I'm not too bad thanks! Had a bowlful of chucky egg for breakfast which is better than a protein shake i guess. On a late shift at work so going to pick up some chicken and a salad for a late dinner and not sure about tea yet, probably something quick and easy. =)

Sounds a decent breakfast to me, it must be difficult if you're doing shift work.

It can be but unless i want to pay Costa prices then i have to be organised as the hospital canteen only opens during normal hours. I feel back on track today,

B: As above
L: Chicken with a mixed salad and some coleslaw
D: Homemade burgers with mushrooms and a couple of sprouts and bits of carrot (didnt have much but didnt want to offend the mother, she thought she did good)

Ah, you work in a hospital Jade, not sure I could do that. I hate hospitals, even visiting the FIL gets me down.

Back