Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Jade's (hopefully) joyous journey!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by devotchka, 25 February 2010 Social URL.

1. devotchka

devotchka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys,
    I've been lurking for about a week, so thought it about time I post.

I signed up with Slimming World on the 18th of February, 2010, weighing in at 14st 3. Which is very dangerous for my 5'7 frame.
    I was utterly amazed that you can eat as much as you want on this plan. It's wonderful and I never feel hungry!
    Just being at one group and browsing here has shown what amazing support is available, so I'm looking forward to hanging around here!

My first weigh-in is tonight, eeek!
    I'm pretty nervous, as I had two slip-ups this week, involving a deli sandwich from McDondals (they didn't have any cutlery for the salad bowls left and refused to give me a salad without them), and ice cream. I have been exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, so I guess the scales will reveal all tonight.

I will update when I get home later. Wish me luck!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. devotchka

devotchka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last night was successful, I lost a total of 5lbs. I'm feeling very happy and very motivated by the loss.
    So, for my benefit, I am going to start a diary of my feelings, weigh in results and menus.

Last week was my first week, and I found it quite easy at the start. Quite confusing as I was working out the orange plan, but I was very motivated and happy with what I was eating. The problems came when I saw my boyfriend. We were in the habit of eating out a lot and eating quite extravagantly. I'm shocked to to look back and think about how freely I ate before the plan. I pretty much had what I wanted, when I wanted it. It rarely mattered what it was; chips, ice-cream, chocolate, crisps. I am pretty lucky to be the weight I am with the way I was eating. It disgusts me a bit thinking about it.
    Anyway, being out with my boyfriend made me miss all the yummy food we used to eat together, but will power prevailed and I resisted.

I have really enjoyed being creative with my meals and have founds lots of new and different substitutes for the food I indulged in before. I also already feel a bit healthier and have more energy. I'm drinking a lot of water and eating fiber-rich, energy boosting foods. I feel really great. That is probably to do with my diet and the fact that I have stopped over-sleeping. I was used to around 12hrs a night, which is far too much and always left me feeling tired. I am now trying to get around 7hrs, which leaves me feeling refreshed by the morning.

So, a new week ahead of me, and I'm feeling super positive! I can't wait for the weigh-in next week. I don't expect to lose as much, as my consultant told me that in the first week, you're more likely to lose water as well as fat. But even if I lose 2lbs, I will be happy because I have then reached my 1/2st award and that will be an even bigger motivator. I'm going to exercise and eat healthily this week and do all I can to lose those two pounds!

4. devotchka

devotchka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, it's in reference to the band! Haven't heard of the book... I'll have to research it. Thank you for your encouragement!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.