Jade's (hopefully) joyous journey!

devotchka

Hi guys,
I've been lurking for about a week, so thought it about time I post.

I signed up with Slimming World on the 18th of February, 2010, weighing in at 14st 3. Which is very dangerous for my 5'7 frame.
I was utterly amazed that you can eat as much as you want on this plan. It's wonderful and I never feel hungry!
Just being at one group and browsing here has shown what amazing support is available, so I'm looking forward to hanging around here!

My first weigh-in is tonight, eeek!
I'm pretty nervous, as I had two slip-ups this week, involving a deli sandwich from McDondals (they didn't have any cutlery for the salad bowls left and refused to give me a salad without them), and ice cream. I have been exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, so I guess the scales will reveal all tonight.

I will update when I get home later. Wish me luck!

Last night was successful, I lost a total of 5lbs. I'm feeling very happy and very motivated by the loss.
So, for my benefit, I am going to start a diary of my feelings, weigh in results and menus.

Last week was my first week, and I found it quite easy at the start. Quite confusing as I was working out the orange plan, but I was very motivated and happy with what I was eating. The problems came when I saw my boyfriend. We were in the habit of eating out a lot and eating quite extravagantly. I'm shocked to to look back and think about how freely I ate before the plan. I pretty much had what I wanted, when I wanted it. It rarely mattered what it was; chips, ice-cream, chocolate, crisps. I am pretty lucky to be the weight I am with the way I was eating. It disgusts me a bit thinking about it.
Anyway, being out with my boyfriend made me miss all the yummy food we used to eat together, but will power prevailed and I resisted.

I have really enjoyed being creative with my meals and have founds lots of new and different substitutes for the food I indulged in before. I also already feel a bit healthier and have more energy. I'm drinking a lot of water and eating fiber-rich, energy boosting foods. I feel really great. That is probably to do with my diet and the fact that I have stopped over-sleeping. I was used to around 12hrs a night, which is far too much and always left me feeling tired. I am now trying to get around 7hrs, which leaves me feeling refreshed by the morning.

So, a new week ahead of me, and I'm feeling super positive! I can't wait for the weigh-in next week. I don't expect to lose as much, as my consultant told me that in the first week, you're more likely to lose water as well as fat. But even if I lose 2lbs, I will be happy because I have then reached my 1/2st award and that will be an even bigger motivator. I'm going to exercise and eat healthily this week and do all I can to lose those two pounds!

Yeah, it's in reference to the band! Haven't heard of the book... I'll have to research it. Thank you for your encouragement!

Back