Jade's Waving Bye Bye to Her Mummy Tummy!

oooh i love the magic porridge!
i leave mine in an activia 0% yog cos they're my fav!
sometimes i take it just to have on it's own at work...but if i'm off, i like to do the vanilla one and add grated apple, blueberries and frozen raspberries...it's yummy!

i think you're doing fab to be getting back to this so quickly after your wee one :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

10/05/2014 - Extra Easy Day

Hope you're all having a fab weekend! I didn't manage to get out with the pram today as the weather has been absolutely awful!

Breakfast - Magic porridge (35g porridge oats
(hexb), 1 Mullerlight Toffee yogurt) topped with strawberries

Lunch - Batchelors Cheese Leek & Ham Pasta n Sauce (1syn) with pea's, sweetcorn and 1tbsp english mustard (0.5syns) stirred through and topped with 30g cheese (hexa)

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognese (spaghetti, extra lean mince, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mushrooms, onion, worcestershire sauce, various herbs and spices)

Snacks - Hartleys 10 Calorie Strawberry & Kiwi Jelly pot (0.5syns)

Total Daily Syns - 2/10
Total Weekly Syns - 57.5/70

oooh i love the magic porridge!
i leave mine in an activia 0% yog cos they're my fav!
sometimes i take it just to have on it's own at work...but if i'm off, i like to do the vanilla one and add grated apple, blueberries and frozen raspberries...it's yummy!

i think you're doing fab to be getting back to this so quickly after your wee one :D x

Thank you hun:)
I like the idea of adding grated apple to the magic porridge, i never would have thought of that.
Do you use frozen fruit a lot? I've never bought it before but i imagine its cheaper than buying fresh berries all of the time xxx

Oh my lord I think I'd be starving if I ate only that!! You're being very disciplined! Or is it that you are jugs grabbing what you can at the mo and don't notice so much?!!xxx

Thank you hun! I have no summer clothes that fit me so trying to stick to plan and get to get back down to my previous weigh as soon (and as sensibly) possible.
Someday's i find it hard to even eat before 2pm as the little one comes first so it can sometimes be a case of grab what you can when you can. I have decided that from next week when i make the OH his lunch for work i am going to make myself something too so its ready to grab from the fridge if i don't have much time xxx

I just buy frozen raspberries and crumble them into my rice pudding, magic porridge or 1/2 syn roulade. Works out way cheaper!
I've been freezing grapes and slices of banana recently and loving them! The banana is almost creamy? Don't like banana ice cream etc but this is really nice! And the frozen grapes are like having my own wee bowl of ice lollyness...syn free lol

I tried other frozen fruits a whole ago but they went too mushy for my liking...the raspberries I can handle and want to try cherries but so far, that's all :)

I just buy frozen raspberries and crumble them into my rice pudding, magic porridge or 1/2 syn roulade. Works out way cheaper!
I've been freezing grapes and slices of banana recently and loving them! The banana is almost creamy? Don't like banana ice cream etc but this is really nice! And the frozen grapes are like having my own wee bowl of ice lollyness...syn free lol

I tried other frozen fruits a whole ago but they went too mushy for my liking...the raspberries I can handle and want to try cherries but so far, that's all :)

im stealing the idea of grated apple too- sounds yum. Do you slice your banana, stick it in a tub and then freeze it? Love all these ideas. Got frozen raspberries for my roulade. Do you defrost them or stick straight in? Sorry for hijacking Jade! Xx

im stealing the idea of grated apple too- sounds yum. Do you slice your banana, stick it in a tub and then freeze it? Love all these ideas. Got frozen raspberries for my roulade. Do you defrost them or stick straight in? Sorry for hijacking Jade! Xx

I squeeze the raspberries when they're still frozen so that the break into "crumbs" then I sprinkle them on before rolling the roulade....it stops any big lumps and covers more if you know what I mean. I put them on frozen them roll it but doesn't take long to thaw cos they're now tiny wee bits.
I find that the raspberries don't seem as mushy when they're thawed compared to how they are when they're whole but defrosted.

With the banana, yep, I just slice it and stick it in...when I take a wee bit out to sook on, it really seems almost creamy :) x

11/05/2014 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge cereal bars
(hexb)
, 1 Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt

Lunch - Salad box (plum tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, celery, pickled onions, 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Triangles (hexa)) topped with 2tbsp Tesco Light Choices Honey & Mustard salad dressing (1syn)

Dinner - Chilli con carne (extra lean mince, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, baked beans, worcestershire sauce, various herbs and spices) served with basmati rice and topped with 30g cheese (6syns)

Snacks - 1 Hartleys 10 Calorie Blueberry & Blackcurrant Jelly pot (0.5syns), 1 Fab Mini ice-lolly (2.5syns)

Total Daily Syns - 10/10
Total Weekly Syns - 67/70

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, your support is amazing :) Reporting in for yesterday whilst I do the night feed... I'm not going to even bother detailing everything I ate yesterday as it was a lot! The day started well, but after weigh in I went a little crazy and demolished ice-cresm, cheesecake, pick n mix, etc. I probably had more than a weeks syns in an evening. My stomach feels heavy and stodgy now which is gross! On a better note, I lost 1.5lb last night :-D I'm really pleased with that, although I would have preferred 2lb to be honest but I'll need to really push myself this week if I want that kind of loss. Drawing a line under all syns consumed last night and starting a fresh week today!

Last edited:
13/05/2014 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast / Brunch - 1 Mullerlight Toffee yogurt, strawberries

Dinner - Subway cheese salad bowl (lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, gherkins, 30g grated cheese (hexa)) topped with sweet onion sauce (2syns)

Snacks - 10 pick n mix sweeties (let's say 15syns)

Total Daily Syns - 17/10
Total Weekly Syns - 17/70

Last edited:
14/05/2014 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - 1 Mullerlight Vanilla yogurt, strawberries

Lunch - blueberries, 2 Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge cereal bars (hexb)

Dinner - Smoked cod served with piri piri roasted new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sweetcorn

Snacks - 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Triangles (hexa)

Total Daily Syns - 0/10

Last edited:
Here to sub :) your doing so well especially considering your little girl Is only 5 weeks old. Great loss too x

15/05/2014 - Extra Easy Day

I have been so busy this week meeting up with friends from our antenatal class. It has been lovely to catch up but has meant my lunches haven't been very exciting as have been packing things i can eat quickly whilst i'm on the go. We are going to a BBQ at the weekend so saving my syns for then. What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Breakfast - Magic porridge (35g porridge oats (hexb), 1 Mullerlight Vanilla Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate yogurt) topped with blueberries

Lunch - Pineapple, 1 banana

Dinner - Tuna pasta bake (pasta, tuna, chopped tomatoes, vine tomatoes, red & yellow peppers, onion, peas, sweetcorn, worchestershire sauce, various herbs & spices, 30g cheese
(hexa)), Banana's & Custard (1 chopped banana covered with 1 Mullerlight Banana & Custard yogurt)

Total Daily Syns - 0/10

Also at a BBQ on Saturday, but have a wedding tomorrow first, and a kiddies party on Saturday afternoon! It's going to be a testing weekend!! :)

Back