Jam and Jerusalem!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Jupiter, 18 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Full Member

Just curious to ask if any of the ladies on this forum are WI members?
    Is it like its portrayed in the media or is there more to it. I want to join something that is community minded and wondered if this may be the way.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Work on the basic principle that NOTHING is EVER like it is portrayed in the media, and you won't go far wrong!

The WI is about cakes and jam and flower arranging, but that is only a very small part of what it does.

Have a look in your local paper - most WIs publish a report of what they have done at their meetings in the local press.

Also, check out the WI website and see where local meetings are, and then ring whoever organises it and ask if you can go along to a meeting to see if you like it.

(I am not a member, but I know people who are.)

4. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd like to join but I wonder if I'm middle class enough!

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    There was a feature in a magazine this week about WI groups, how lots of them are totally removed from the image given, have their meetings in bars etc and are largely women in their 20s - 40s from all walks of life

6. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I ahve to say my Mum is a member and i never, ever thought in a million years that this would be her cup of tea! SHe hates cooking with a passion. I was brought up on smash and angel delight. SHe is completely atheist. Certainly not jam and jerusalem. She is, however, fairly middle class and in her 60s. But I have been on a couple of theatre visits with them, and they are a really mixed group. All ages. Just women from the village that get together and organise things that they like to do. They don't all get involved with everything either. Just the stuff that interests them

7. Jupiter

Jupiter Full Member

Thanks ladies, think I'll give it a go and get back to you! X

8. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

No, no. Class has nothing to do with it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.