Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

its been 8 yrs since i went to a class for any length of time lost 1.5 stone before giving up, then went back about 4yrs ago to a different class but found out i was pregnant with katie shortly afterwards so used that as an excuse to leave lol, then finally went back to tat same class last year but remembered i didnt like the consultant so left after the first week and jacked the diet in:( only to start going solo in june this year.....so there you have it my sw history in a paragraph lol.

had a good op day today even though im starting to feel a cold coming on...my nose has just started running and my throats a bit rough:( oh and im freeeeeeezing cold too.

Green day
B - 1 weetabix & 2 scan bran with milk (A+B)

L - wholemeal pasta, with 80g tuna ( B allowed 113g ) and 1 level tbsp extra light mayo (1.5)

S - small bowl of home made soup......carrot, turnip and potato with some lentils too:)

D - another bowl hm soup with 2 scan bran (made up remaining portion of 2nd 'B')

S - jam doughnut (12) and a chocolate lolly (7)

total syns = 20.5:(:(:(

Last edited:
Thanks for the SW history - he he! Hope your cold is much better today ;)

had a bit of a blip last night:( and ate a jam doughnut that id bought for the kids but the went to their dads and i tried to resist all night but ended up eating it:eek: so need to adjust yesterdays syn count by 12 and although i didnt have a meringue i did eat a chocolate lolly at 7 syns:( so 19 in total which will come off my weekly total and I WILL NOT exceed 70 syns this week!!! im blaming it on my cold as its making me crave sweet things and its no better today but so far im controlling myself.

B - 1 weetabix with 2 scanbran (A+B)

L - 2 slice 400g wm toast with beans and 42g LF cheese (A+B)

S - 1 finger of a kitkat (2.5)

D - lentil dhal with quorn chicken and rice with 10g mini popodoms (2.5)

S - sat night treat - mini box of aftereights (contents = 5) (syns 10):eek: which is why i only bought a small box ...god only knows how much syns for a full box....

total syns = 15

ok just worked out that i have 21.5 syns left to use between sunday and wednesday so that means 5 per day and I WILL NOT go over this.....I PROMISE MYSELF THAT!!

Thanks Teresa im determined to go to class with a loss especially as its my 'first' official week at sw.

planning an ee day tomorrow

B - raspberries and fromage frais with 1 crushed up scan bran added (1)

L - leftover lentil dhal or hm soup with 2 scanbran (2)

D - roast beef dinner (birds eye roast beef (F), sw roasties and mixed veg)

P - cheesecake (2 alpen light bars (B) and quark/raspberry/sweetener topping)

and 2 syns IF i choose to use them!

Hi Jane, hope that you are feeling better today. I like the idea of the Alpen cheescake, must give that a go. I am curious about counting weekly syns instead of daily. I have seen it on other peoples diaries so I assume that it works just as well. I think that it is very hard for mums following the plan because of having the temptation of goodies bought for the kids around them all the time. The goodies turn into baddies because they call all the time, trying to lure you into submission! I had the same problem with Velvet crunch. The cupboard is very quiet since I stopped buying them! Good luck with the rest of your week:)X

Hi Jane, I hope today is going well for you. I agree with the cold making you crave something sweet.... its very rare but if ever I'm ill and lose my appetite a little bit you can be sure that it'll return more ravenous than ever !! You can do it :)

By the way, thats good to know about the mini box of after eights, definitely safer than having the full box around!

Eugh!!!! i feel rotten:( i havent felt right since yesterday late afternoon and woke up this morning with a head cold and a sore stomach that gets worse if i eat anything???? so as a result havent ate very much today but got some soup in the slow cooker so hoping to be able to have some of that later.

B - handful of raspberries

L - 1 weetabix with 2 scan bran (A+B)

ill update more later on x

Hope you are feeling better x

thanks ladies im feeling a bit better today....teresa i think it might have been the same thing we had:( i havnt been sticking to plan at all so im really worried about Thursday wi! its going to be a nightmare if i gain on what is my really my 'first week'....oh the shame! plus its my birthday today so obviously there was cake lol and ive had 2 medium slicce of that but really enjoyed it. apart from todays cake incident i have managed to be back on plan which is good but i doubt good enough to prevent a gain:(

i cant wait to get this week over with so i can start again on thursday as its got out of control and ive not concept what so ever on how many syns ive ate ((buries her head in shame)).

B - 1 weetabix with 1 scan bran (A+B)

L - 1/2 packet chicken & mushroom pasta n sauce with added mushrooms and quorn chicken pieces followed by raspberries topped with sweetened quark

S - slice of birthday cake...victoria sponge so no icing ....not that that makes much of a difference lol

D - remaining pasta n sauce with sw chips

P - another slice of birthday cake.

Wooooah I missed your birthday :(

I really hope you had a great day :) Hey apart from the cake your day looks great!

thanks for all your birthday wishes :) i didnt get a chance to log on yesterday at all sophie my youngest is now loaded with the cold and was taking all my attention plus for some reason...perhaps a moment of madness or something but we decided to gather up all her dummies and leave them out for one of 'santas helpers' to collect it lol so she had a restless night too but on the plus side the worst night is over now...i hope.

now for the shock news i recieved this morning at class that has left me feeling really confused....when i joined last week i weighed in at 13.1 and at weigh in this morning the scales showed 12.10....so a 5lb loss but....the computer only registered a loss of 0.5lb so im scratching my head about this but the consultant said it will be a computer error and i will have lost the 5lb -what do you think about this?
my last official weigh in at home was 12.11 i think but when i weighed myself the day after class last week it showed 12.13 so closer to the class weight and when i stood on my own scales this morning before class i was 12.8 so again showing a 5lb loss...... lol only just realising that this probably made no sense at all but im finding it hard to believe ????

Back