Jane's Diary

Hi Jane.

Your Hotpot sounds lovely! Something else for me to do next time I buy a job lot of braising steak I think :)

Hope your daugther is okay, and well done for sticking to plan through a very stressfull time.

Now, this whole weighing yourself every day thing. Please for your own sanity try not to. I know its tough, but it seriously affects your mood if you get on the scales and there is no movement, even if you've been on plan.

Also - make sure you keep up the superfree with your meals. I remain unconvinced on magic pancakes (eggs, porridge and mullerlight just seems like a bad joke to me) :) but if you do have them again, make sure you have some fruit with them. It will boost your weight loss - I promise!

Good luck of weigh in tomorrow x

Back from my endo visit and all is well :eek:

Breakfast was: porridge plus two small bananas.

Lunch: missed it again, mainly because I got up late. Did eat a pear though so that's something.

Dinner: smoked salmon, smoked mackerel, lettuce, tomato and sainsburys Be Good to Yourself couscous salad with roasted veg. It's only 1 syn a full tub:). I synned the mackerel at 1. Going to have my total Greek Yog and strawberries shortly.

I've also had 2 highlights chocolate drinks at 2 syns each plus coffee with milk from allowance.

One good thing was that the endo weighed me and since I last saw him 3 months ago i have gone down 4 kilo (and I forgot to take my shoes off!) so it might have been 5 !

I'm very happy today. Weight loss 1.5lb and I've reached 7.5lb with slimming world. I've lost more than that because I lost some before I started, so I'll soon be reaching a stone at home:D

Breakfast sw bar for 6 syns (ate it at the meeting)

Lunch: Be good to Yourslf cottage cheese with onion and chive and a small pack of Melba toast for 3 syns.

Snack so far: highlights chocolate drink for 2 sins

And I've measured my milk out for the day. I'll use it in drinks and might make a rice pud later.

Dinner: I'm thinking ready made egg fried rice with prawns and extra veg but not confirmed yet!

Hi Jane, that's brilliant, well done!

I bet you feel soooo good! It's a great feeling coming away from that class knowing you've lost!

Hope you're having a good day xxxx

Hi Jane, that's brilliant, well done!

I bet you feel soooo good! It's a great feeling coming away from that class knowing you've lost!

Hope you're having a good day xxxx

Thank you, it was :D

I'm averaging 1.5 lb per week, so Im very happy.

How is the weather for you, you lucky lucky person?

It's not bad here today. I almost hung some washing out but then put it on the maiden instead. My reasoning being that it would be cold when I had to bring it in:rolleyes:

Xx

Thank you, it was :D

I'm averaging 1.5 lb per week, so Im very happy.

How is the weather for you, you lucky lucky person?

It's not bad here today. I almost hung some washing out but then put it on the maiden instead. My reasoning being that it would be cold when I had to bring it in:rolleyes:

Xx

1.5 is a great average loss a week, well done you - keep up the good work!

The weather was lovely today, still a bit windy but not like yesterday, think it was probably around 26 - 27 degrees.

1.5 is a great average loss a week, well done you - keep up the good work!

The weather was lovely today, still a bit windy but not like yesterday, think it was probably around 26 - 27 degrees.

That sounds heavenly. I'm freezing tonight. We've lit the fire again:eek:. The lounge thermostat was 23 and now it's 25 and I've still got my fleece on.

Hope you're cooking tonight:p xx

Dinner: Uncle Bens Vegetable pilau rice - 2 packets, mushrooms, peas and prawns. This was sooooo easy and absolutely delicious.

I warmed/cooked the rice in the microwave as directed. Using fry light I fried some diced mushrooms, added the cooked rice, added prawns and peas, gave it a good stir and put a Lid on for 5 minutes and hey presto it was done.

Hardly any dirty dishes and so quick. Husband, who is not over keen on prawns, told me to do it again:)

We've had our normal desert of strawberries and total zero fat Greek yogurt.

I still have milk left so can have some milky coffee later. Lovely xx

:) Hi - well done you sounds like you're really in the swing of things and it's working well for you.
Must be a day for hospitals - my hubby is in (prostate op) it's been a long day as I dropped him off at 7 a.m. just back from visiting so it will be an early night for me. Today has been the first day since beginning of January that I could have launched into a huge bar of chocolate but have managed with one finger of a kitkat :)

Glad your appointment went well - take care

Sue

:) Hi - well done you sounds like you're really in the swing of things and it's working well for you.
Must be a day for hospitals - my hubby is in (prostate op) it's been a long day as I dropped him off at 7 a.m. just back from visiting so it will be an early night for me. Today has been the first day since beginning of January that I could have launched into a huge bar of chocolate but have managed with one finger of a kitkat :)

Glad your appointment went well - take care

Sue

Hi Sue

Hope your husband is soon back home. I hate mine being away at night.

Congratulations on only having one finger of kitkat. There is no way on this planet I'd manage that:eek:. Once I start on chocolate I'm like something possessed and just can't stop. As a consequence I just don't have any.

Thorntons Alpini mmmmmmmmm. Now why did that thought just pop into my mind :D xx

Ooops. Meant to say, and I hope he soon feels better xx

Thorntons Alpini...why did you mention that Jane, one of my favourites lol :D

Hi crystal. Hope all is well :)

Got to dash as walking to school with daughter to pick grandkids up.

Thinking of carbonara for evening meal (or carbonana as my youngest granddaughter calls it)

Hope you've eaten wisely :)

Xxxx

Breakfast: porridge and banana

Snack: plums and cadburys highlight drink at 2 syns

Lunch: satsuma and two coffees (oops, must try harder to have some lunch)

Dinner: smoked mackerel (allowed 4 syns as couldn't find the sainsbury's mackerel), lettuce, tomatoes and Be Good To Yourself Couscous at 1 syn per tub.

Strawberries and Greek yogurt

Small pack Melba toast at 3 syns

Cadburys highlight drink 2 syns

Well done on another good day I've faced the ultimate temptation making cupcakes for my daughter's last day in school tomorrow (she's doing teaching certificate). Must admit to licking fingers but actually found the icing too sweet and sickly + burnt of any syns cleaning the kitchen afterwards. Hubby still in hosp so work - visiting - home - visiting - baking - cleaning = bedtime!!!
Have a good day tomorrow x

Sue

Hi sue

I love cupcakes. They always look so lovely when they are iced. I bought a new Swiss roll tin today with the intention of making the half syn roulade cake but just didnt find the time. Tomorrow is another hectic day and as I'm out all morning and have the hairdresser at my house in the afternoon I'll probably not eat much.

Hope your husband is feeling ok. I bet you'll be glad when he gets home.

I've still not watched last weeks Upstairs Downstairs. I will watch it .... eventually :)

Hope you've had a good day food wise, I'm afraid I'd have eaten a few cupcakes:eek: xxx

Not had a good day food wise. It's not that I've eaten too much, it's just been a bit hit and miss.

This morning I was running late so left home without a drink or any breakfast. I got back home at midday so that's when I ate my breakfast. 2 weetabix with hot milk and a banana plus 2 mugs coffee.

Next my friend and hairdresser friend turned up. I made coffee and had a highlights chocolate drink myself. By the time they left it was time to cook our evening meal.... but what!

I had veg that needed eating so we ended up with onions, garlic and ginger fried until soft in fry light. I then stirred in 4 teaspoons hot curry powder, added chicken and fried until browned. Next I added cauliflower cut up small, aubergine diced and two tins of tomatoes. Put on a lid and simmered for 30 to 40 minutes then added diced potatoes and cooked for about another 30 minutes. It sounds awful but tasted absolutely delicious. Hubby actual said can you do that again :)

Just about to have strawberries and Greek Yog whilst watching The Timetravellers Wife. Hope I can understand it :eek:

Xx

I'm laughing at the 'carbonana'!! :D :D

Your dinner sounded interesting! So was it like a curry then? I love cauliflower in a curry, just had some leftovers for lunch actually, was really good :)

I'm laughing at the 'carbonana'!! :D :D

Your dinner sounded interesting! So was it like a curry then? I love cauliflower in a curry, just had some leftovers for lunch actually, was really good :)

It was :D. It was like a curry and was surprisingly nice. I always make the waiters laugh at our regular restaurant in Goa by asking for aloo gobi with no gobi. They normally put massive chunks of cauliflower in and it's much nicer having tiny florets in a curry. Now that's a thought, I bet I could make aloo methi on slimming world. I love aloo methi :)

This week I'm going to try and be a little more disciplined with my food. Last week was a 'cannot be bothered to plan' sort of week. Today I plan on making a potato salad and having it with ham and salad. I'm also making half syn roulade later.

Xx

Back