Jane's Diary

I've made a bit of a boo boo - I've had my diary moved to the silver members section of the forum (so that anyone in 'real life' can't be nosing about my diary!), but just realised that it will stop some of you guys posting/reading it until you reach 500 posts, sorry :cry:So I'll keep posting on your diary, and get posting so you can get up to 500!

Mutti Mum - this is for you too, I read your post on my diary (thank you!) but again you won't be able to see it :(

Have a good day ladies xxxx

I've made a bit of a boo boo - I've had my diary moved to the silver members section of the forum (so that anyone in 'real life' can't be nosing about my diary!), but just realised that it will stop some of you guys posting/reading it until you reach 500 posts, sorry :cry:So I'll keep posting on your diary, and get posting so you can get up to 500!

Mutti Mum - this is for you too, I read your post on my diary (thank you!) but again you won't be able to see it :(

Ok! Will do :p. Just off out!!

Xx

Ok! Will do :p. Just off out!!

Xx

I need some very strong willpower signals today - I'm going to the Dubai Food Festival with some friends today :eek: :eek:

Lots of free tasters and free drinks, eeeek!!!! Speak soon xxxx

Hi jilly

I watched something the other day about an Indian DR in Wales and that was very good. It would have made excellent Sunday evening viewing. Can't remember what it's called though!

Xx

I have this recorded on Sky it's called Indian Doctor. I agree it's not bad don't know why they scheduled it in the middle of the day strange that.

I have lose a couple of regular friends with this move too. So I am posting as much as I can to get up to 500 not far now :D

Lynda

a kindred spirit I think given your sign in 1958 - a vintage year lol, will try and keep tabs and help you reach those posts - I'm a bit of a way off though.

Sue

Lynda

a kindred spirit I think given your sign in 1958 - a vintage year lol, will try and keep tabs and help you reach those posts - I'm a bit of a way off though.

Sue

Mutti-Mum
Oh indeed my OH is 1958 and Madonna but she is older then me by a month :flirt2:
Do you have a diary?

Jane, sorry for high-jacking your diary:eek:

Mutti-Mum
Jane, sorry for high-jacking your diary:eek:

That's fine by me :)

Yesterday I ate

Breakfast: porridge with milk from allowance plus a banana
Lunch: this is a big sign of getting old... I can't remember!
Dinner: lamb organ Josh made with beef. I decided lamb would be to fatty. Cauliflower curry which was lovely and 50 g dry weight basmati rice each.

We were too full to eat our usual desert.

During the day I had two hifi bars at 6 syns total and 1 highlights chocolate drink at 2.

I need to go shopping today and stock up on fruit and veg.

Made a veg soup (apparently AKA colonic irrigation soup) yesterday which I've liquidised. I'm going to have a quarter of it each day which equates to two 2/3 rd filled mugs. I'll have it for lunch and snacks. Let's see if it works:D btw it's syn free.

Xx

Lynda

Sue

You have that wrong! The vintage year was 1955 ;)

I've finally noticed I've gone down a bit in size. My bust were falling out of the bottom of my bra so I'm now wearing them on the tightest hooks. I've never ever done that before! I've even been known to wear bra extenders :D

Xx

I need some very strong willpower signals today - I'm going to the Dubai Food Festival with some friends today :eek: :eek:

Lots of free tasters and free drinks, eeeek!!!! Speak soon xxxx

How was it Crystal? Did you succumb? Hope not.

It's going to take me ages to get to 500 but I'll keep plodding on. I think I need to read more posts and reply and the word games are good too :D

Xx

Jane,
That's great I always have trouble with my bras, being of the larger variety:eek:
My DD calls them over the shoulder boulder holders :rotflmao:

Lets just say the baby boomer 50's were the best :D

Sue

How is your husband doing? Recovering well I hope.

How is your resolve going? Hopefully it has returned with a vengeance, especially with the lovely sunshine today :)

Xx

Jane,
That's great I always have trouble with my bras, being of the larger variety:eek:
My DD calls them over the shoulder boulder holders :rotflmao:

Lets just say the baby boomer 50's were the best :D

You must have noticed some big changes Lynda. It'll probably take me another 10 weeks to get to a 20lb loss.

I'm so looking forward to going in normal shops and buying what I like instead of what fits/looks ok! My best friend is much smaller than me and I hate going in shops that only go to a size 16. I feel as though the assistants are eyeing me up and thinking she'll never fit in our stuff!

I'm also looking forward to walking along the beach in a bather instead of being swaddled in a sarong.

I sorted a few clothes out this morning which are too big. I might keep them a bit longer but I'm tempted just to put them in a charity box. At the moment my determination is high and I must admit, so far, slimming world is a doddle - just slow :)

Xx

You must have noticed some big changes Lynda. It'll probably take me another 10 weeks to get to a 20lb loss.

I'm so looking forward to going in normal shops and buying what I like instead of what fits/looks ok! My best friend is much smaller than me and I hate going in shops that only go to a size 16. I feel as though the assistants are eyeing me up and thinking she'll never fit in our stuff!

I'm also looking forward to walking along the beach in a bather instead of being swaddled in a sarong.

I sorted a few clothes out this morning which are too big. I might keep them a bit longer but I'm tempted just to put them in a charity box. At the moment my determination is high and I must admit, so far, slimming world is a doddle - just slow :)

Xx

Sooooo agree with the bit I've highlighted Jane! My friends are all skinny minnies :jelous:

I hate going into shops and the assistants look as if they're thinking 'what is she doing in here', I can't wait to get back to shopping in River Island and Top Shop, they were two of my favourites before I piled on the weight!

Hi crystal

How was the food thingy? When are you home? Today has been bright and sunny, just a little chilly. Bet it's lovely where you are.

We've just booked for a few days in Malta and a week in Gozo in May. Added incentive to stick with the diet :D. We've then got Lancaster in America in July. That'll be interesting food wise. I've looked at one or two restaurant menus and everything is either deep fried, covered in breadcrumbs or soaked in cream or cheese! We've also got a couple of music festivals planned which will be another diet hurdle.

Xx

Hi crystal

How was the food thingy? When are you home? Today has been bright and sunny, just a little chilly. Bet it's lovely where you are.

We've just booked for a few days in Malta and a week in Gozo in May. Added incentive to stick with the diet :D. We've then got Lancaster in America in July. That'll be interesting food wise. I've looked at one or two restaurant menus and everything is either deep fried, covered in breadcrumbs or soaked in cream or cheese! We've also got a couple of music festivals planned which will be another diet hurdle.

Xx

The Food Festival was good thanks Jane, I was pretty good and went easy on the food and drink so I was feeling good about myself!

I'm back home a week tomorrow, I fly back over night Friday night and get back to Edinburgh on Saturday morning which is good, I prefer flying during the night for some reason! Hubby is back to Edinburgh for two days then away to West Africa for four weeks after that.

Wow you've got some fabby places to look forward to! May isn't that long to wait either, it won't be long in coming round :)

I have only been to the US once and omg I couldn't believe the portion sizes, I like my food but they were even too big for me :D

The Food Festival was good thanks Jane, I was pretty good and went easy on the food and drink so I was feeling good about myself!

I'm back home a week tomorrow, I fly back over night Friday night and get back to Edinburgh on Saturday morning which is good, I prefer flying during the night for some reason! Hubby is back to Edinburgh for two days then away to West Africa for four weeks after that.

Wow you've got some fabby places to look forward to! May isn't that long to wait either, it won't be long in coming round :)

I have only been to the US once and omg I couldn't believe the portion sizes, I like my food but they were even too big for me :D

Well done on not syning :) hope you've do well with your first weigh in when you get back.

I was going swimming today but other things got in the way. It doesn't take much to distract me! We don't have the girls on Sunday night so I plan on going Monday morning, early. There are too many children around at weekend. It makes it hard to swim mindlessly up and down :)

The only place we've been to in West Africa is Gambia and that was many years ago. The children were tiny. It was interesting and we met some nice people but I've never wanted to go back - unlike India. I'd hate saying goodbye to my husband for a month. Do you Skype each other, at least then you can see his face :)

Xx

Evening all

thank you Jane yes hubby is recovering - don't know how all these health problems crept up on us :) but he's much better.

Errmmmm resolve a bit lacking :eek: but I'm due on holiday to Tenerife in 4 weeks so best get a bit of it back as soon as possible! Have been busy at work this week and decided that allowed me to eat chocolate tonight :break_diet: A poor excuse - actually it's not even an excuse :(
I've never been to Africa or India we've been on a few cruises in recent years quite enjoyed them but this is a quick holiday and then hopefully we'll be back into warmer weather and decent summer, then have a longer break September time.
Crystal can't reach you yet (you'll probably be at target by the time I get enough posts) but safe journey back.
Lynda I'll update my diary and subscribe to yours and yes we'll settle on 'the 50's' as being a catch all.

Have a lovely weekend

Sue x

Well done on not syning :) hope you've do well with your first weigh in when you get back.

I was going swimming today but other things got in the way. It doesn't take much to distract me! We don't have the girls on Sunday night so I plan on going Monday morning, early. There are too many children around at weekend. It makes it hard to swim mindlessly up and down :)

The only place we've been to in West Africa is Gambia and that was many years ago. The children were tiny. It was interesting and we met some nice people but I've never wanted to go back - unlike India. I'd hate saying goodbye to my husband for a month. Do you Skype each other, at least then you can see his face :)

Xx

Good morning Jane :)

We don't Skype as the internet connection at his end is temperamental but he does phone twice a day which is good, I don't think in the whole time we've been together (7.5yrs) that we've ever had a day that we've not spoken to each other :D

I have never been anywhere in Africa, the option isn't there to go with him as he lives on a kinda 'compound' thing whilst he's working.

What's your plans for today? Do you have the girls tonight? How is your daughter after her op, is she still recovering well?

Have a good day xxxx

Hi crystal

He's probably safer on a compound tbh. Mind you, you only read bad things in the news and very rarely good things!

Daughter recovering well although still very sore. She thought she would be back a work by now! She now realises that when they said she would be off a minimum of 6 weeks they meant it. She's a bit of a workaholic (can't imagine where she gets that from).

I have no plans really today. I've just got out of the bath, I have to do a little bit of washing and I'm making a fish pie for tea. Might do some cutting back in he garden if the rain holds off. How about you, what are your plans?

Xx

Back